PDA

View Full Version : How to degrade pheromones quickly..any experts?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2002, 05:11 PM
Anyone have any good suggestions on how to degrade pheromones or enhance its breakdown? I seem to have a lot of phero build-up on my clothes, sheets and pillows. Several washings have not significantly helped because I can still smell it. Any suggestions, chemicals or other methods?

Watcher
10-22-2002, 05:21 PM
Use a bacterial breakdown agent its found in many washing detergents they can stay in fabrics for a few days, so maybe stop using for a few days ??.
If on youre body the quickest way is a anti bacterial soap and wash.

http://www.chez.com/kristalisator/ (\"http://www.chez.com/kristalisator/\")

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2002, 05:48 PM
Yes, I have stopped for several months but I think the pheros have seeped into my mattress because I can always smell it there and on me in the morning.

I always thought that bacteria helped with the breakdown. Wouldn\'t using anti-bacterial detergent counteract this breakdown?

BassMan
10-22-2002, 07:17 PM
<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

Yes, I have stopped for several months but I think the pheros have seeped into my mattress because I can always smell it there and on me in the morning.

I always thought that bacteria helped with the breakdown. Wouldn\'t using anti-bacterial detergent counteract this breakdown?

<hr></blockquote>Once it\'s in your mattress, it\'s going to be there for a while, I suspect. Somebody was writing about pants stored in the closet for months and the pheros were still there.

Can you turn your mattess over and sleep on the other side for a (long) while?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2002, 07:58 PM
\"several months \"

Could it be your own natural phero you\'r smelling ?

upsidedown
10-22-2002, 08:04 PM
I wonder if having the matress professionally steam cleaned would do the trick? Or, if you can even steam clean a matress like you do the carpet and futniture? I\'m assuming you could.

MAJORSOB
10-22-2002, 09:51 PM
Try spraying the bed with frebreeze..this stuff works wonders for getting odors out of fabric..it should work

Oceanborn
10-23-2002, 05:37 AM
just put your matress in the sun for a few hours.

\"Sanest choice in the insane world:
Beware the beast but enjoy the feast he offers\"

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2002, 08:23 AM
I really like that quote, Oceanborn. Where is it from?

Walter_Mitty
10-24-2002, 06:54 PM
UV light is probably the best (aka sun light.) If it is possible peroxide or bleach (oxidizers) will also destroy them very quickly. I supposed that Ozone (O3, very reactive) might work too, but the Sun is the cheapest/easiest to pound those chems out of existance. Good luck.

PS, if you procure a UV lamp of some kind, wear eye protection, no need to burn your retna. I can tell you that it really does hurt, a lot.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-25-2002, 01:51 PM
What do dry cleaners use? I recently got my winter coat out, and after leaving it at the dry cleaners and then storing it (partly covered) in plastic in a wardroe for several months, it still had a pretty heavy smell to it due to some experimenting last winter.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-26-2002, 07:18 PM
Thanks for all of your suggestions! Wish me luck : )