PDA

View Full Version : First Mix

happydude
10-22-2002, 03:42 AM
Hi all. I\'m about to make my first mix. It\'s 60% SOE 30% NPA and 10% PCC. I have a few questions though.

Lets say the atomizer is 10 mL. Does that mean the mix should consist of 6mL SOE, 3 mL NPA and 1mL PCC?
Or does the ratio have to do with the amount of mones in each of the products and it\'s not so cut and dry?

MaxiMog
10-22-2002, 07:10 AM
\"Lets say the atomizer is 10 mL. Does that mean the mix should consist of 6mL SOE, 3 mL NPA and 1mL PCC?\"

Yes, that\'s right! It\'s just as simple as it sounds!

happydude
10-22-2002, 08:56 AM
<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

\"Lets say the atomizer is 10 mL. Does that mean the mix should consist of 6mL SOE, 3 mL NPA and 1mL PCC?\"

Yes, that\'s right! It\'s just as simple as it sounds!

<hr></blockquote>

Thanks for the info. After taking college chemistry, i wasn\'t expecting it to be that easy. I thought i was was going to have to deal with millimoles and have to work out a bunch of equations /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I\'ll fill everyone in on how it works!

chummym
10-22-2002, 10:06 AM
are you sure you really wanna use 10 ml of mones on an experiment? i\'d go with a smaller batch at first if i were you. no point in wasting it if the mix doesn\'t work for you. i was wearing a mix of soe:npa:pcc at a 5:3:2 ratio a couple months ago...i wore it around my friends sisters and now they all think i\'m scary and creepy /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif which maybe i am, but i\'ve never had anyone react like that too me before. ~shrug

happydude
10-22-2002, 10:20 AM

are you sure you really wanna use 10 ml of mones on an experiment? i\'d go with a smaller batch at first if i were you. no point in wasting it if the mix doesn\'t work for you. i was wearing a mix of soe:npa:pcc at a 5:3:2 ratio a couple months ago...i wore it around my friends sisters and now they all think i\'m scary and creepy which maybe i am, but i\'ve never had anyone react like that too me before. ~shrug

<hr></blockquote>

Thanks for the info. That\'s a good idea. BTW wasn\'t your mix off a little? I was under the impression that the mix shouldn\'t have too much -none, and a little bit of the PCC was used to counter the negative effects of the none.

I\'m probably wrong though. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Oh also did you try that mix out around anyone else? I\'d be interested to hear any positive stories /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

chummym
10-22-2002, 03:57 PM
well it contained 3 parts NpA per 10 parts total so thats the same ratio as DD#1 or JB#1. i didn\'t have any hits using it or any good reactions so i\'m just sticking to SoE right now.

good luck with your mix /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Watcher
10-22-2002, 04:05 PM
The ratio is important so if its 5 mls
3 mls of SOE 1.5 mls of NPA and 0.5mls of PCC

If its 1 ml
0.6 mls of SOE 0.3 mls of NPA and 0.1 mls of PCC
So its the ratios that count not the amounts.

http://www.chez.com/kristalisator/ (\"http://www.chez.com/kristalisator/\")

However if things need to be tweaked then tweak them in small batches unitl you find something that works well for you.
And always keep experimenting you may be surprised by a new mix you might come up with will work even better than youre own mix.

If you want less none go with DD lite.

I think that was 95% SOE and 5 %NPA

Ie 10 ml total would break down as follows
9.5 mls of SOE
0.5 mls of NPA

franki
10-22-2002, 04:19 PM
\"The ratio is important so if its 5 mls
3 mls of SOE 1.5 mls of NPA and 0.5mls of PCC

If its 1 ml
0.6 mls of SOE 0.3 mls of NPA and 0.1 mls of PCC
So its the ratios that count not the amounts.\"

Duhh ... /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Watcher
10-22-2002, 04:28 PM
Duh :P just making it as simple for newbies to understand those that may not be mathematically inclinded or have a huge history in chemistry.

http://www.chez.com/kristalisator/ (\"http://www.chez.com/kristalisator/\")

BassMan
10-22-2002, 07:06 PM

Thanks for the info. After taking college chemistry, i wasn\'t expecting it to be that easy. I thought i was was going to have to deal with millimoles and have to work out a bunch of equations

<hr></blockquote>Weaaaalll, it\'s about that easy. And it\'s about that not.

If a recipe calls for x % SOE, and y % NPA, etc., these are _products_, and you can just assume they each contain 100% of themselves and go on.

If a recipe calls for x % none, and y % nol, etc., these are constituent amounts of the pheromone components of a product. In that case, you are going to have to run equations that take into account the concentrations of the components of the product.

That also applies to formulae expressed in ratio form - 5 none: 3 nol: 1 rone, etc.

That make any sense?

happydude
10-23-2002, 06:28 AM

Weaaaalll, it\'s about that easy. And it\'s about that not.

If a recipe calls for x % SOE, and y % NPA, etc., these are _products_, and you can just assume they each contain 100% of themselves and go on.

If a recipe calls for x % none, and y % nol, etc., these are constituent amounts of the pheromone components of a product. In that case, you are going to have to run equations that take into account the concentrations of the components of the product.

That also applies to formulae expressed in ratio form - 5 none: 3 nol: 1 rone, etc.

That make any sense?

<hr></blockquote>

So who\'s right? The people saying it\'s just percentages or is there math involved?

BassMan
10-23-2002, 07:22 AM

So who\'s right? The people saying it\'s just percentages or is there math involved?

<hr></blockquote>I was attempting to explain the general case.

For the specific case of a ratio of NPA to SOE to PCC, it\'s just percentages.

CptKipling
10-23-2002, 05:50 PM

I was attempting to explain the general case.

<hr></blockquote>
...and confuse everyone in the process. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2002, 06:04 PM
Lots of Virgos in this country - they like it precise and mathematical.

You can always do it the girl way. Mix it up till it smells good. If you don\'t like it, pour it out and start over. If it\'s too strong, add some more water or ethanol. Put it on as the spirit moves you and warn everybody to wear their seatbelts \'cause the ride\'s about to get rocky. That method seems to work just as well, in the final analysis.

BassMan
10-24-2002, 04:52 AM

...and confuse everyone in the process.

<hr></blockquote>Well, of course. I\'m a teacher. It\'s what I do best...