PDA

View Full Version : Vote of the best "friendly" hits

**DONOTDELETE**
10-16-2002, 12:46 PM
<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php\"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=\"pollname\" VALUE=\"1034797592billg51\">

Product for most/best \"friendly\" hits
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"1\">Scent of Eros
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"2\">New Pheromone Additive
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"3\">Passion Pheromone Attractant
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"4\">Alter Ego
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"5\">Rogue Male
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"6\">Androstenone Fragrance Additive
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"7\">Primal Instinct
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"8\">Attraction
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"9\">Andro 4.2
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"10\">Androstenone Pheromone Concentrate
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"11\">Xcite! Wipes
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"12\">SP Essential Oils
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"13\">JB#1 NPC + APC
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"14\">JB#2 SPMO + NPA
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"15\">JBM#1 PI/w + NPA
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"16\">JBX RM + NPA
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"17\">DD#1 SoE + NPA
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"18\">DDLite SoE + TE
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"19\">JBDD#1 JB#1 + SoE
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"20\">JBB APC + TE
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE=\"Submit vote\" class=\"buttons\"></form>

BassMan
10-16-2002, 06:48 PM
There appears to be a flaw in your polls, in that you neither present every possible combination, nor do you have a \"none of the above\" option. Since neither of your polls has a choice that presents my own experience, and yet you do not have a \"none of the above\" option, I can\'t vote!

MOBLEYC57
10-16-2002, 07:00 PM
You tell\'em Bass! /ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif JB#1 is NPA &amp; APC isn\'t it? Don\'t take it personal Billg51...it\'s a good idea /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

BassMan
10-16-2002, 07:44 PM
<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

You tell\'em Bass!

<hr></blockquote>Sorry if I came off as an ass; it\'s late, I\'ve been in the studio for many hours mixing, and I\'m exhausted.

I was trying to say - if you design a poll where some people can\'t vote - it\'s not going to give you a very accurate picture. One way to see how many people don\'t fit into your predefined categories is to include a \"none of the above\" option. If you get a lot of \"none\" votes, it\'s a strong indicator that your poll design needs some rethinking.

MOBLEYC57
10-16-2002, 08:07 PM
Nope!! That\'s not what I was saying Bass /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif But maybe he took it that way. I now know you /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif Tater!!

**DONOTDELETE**
10-17-2002, 04:12 PM
I apologize..I thought I got all the mixes. Went off the cookbook.

And yes, should be NPA (not NPC) for JB#1, but can\'t edit the poll once you do it.

BassMan
10-17-2002, 04:17 PM
<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

I apologize..I thought I got all the mixes. Went off the cookbook.

<hr></blockquote>No need to apologize. There\'s no way to get all the mixes, we make up new ones daily. Make your last choice \"None of the above\" and see how many of those you get. If it\'s huge, your poll is not telling you what you think it is; redesign it and try again /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif It\'s unfortunate that votes can\'t contain comments - then we could do a _fill in the blanks_...

I\'m not particularly good at this - could Dr.SmellThis or somebody else who likes to play with statistical design give us a little rap about how to make a good poll?