PDA

View Full Version : Sexually Attractive Colours?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-15-2002, 08:54 PM
Is there any science behind colours promoting sexual attractiveness or even just changing moods? I\'m looking for an optimal colour to use as my font for Instant Messaging conversations and emails to females.

xxxPantero
10-15-2002, 09:16 PM
colors all have wavelengths

so obviously the one witht he highest frequency (red) makes the eys and conversely the body more stimulated

bright red can have the effect of ODing on -none = agression
try deep red/burgundy, it\'s a sexy color - my rooom is being recarpeted dark red! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Mamapunisha
10-15-2002, 09:28 PM
Well depending on what your Topic is about if it\'s one too try and attract or maybe Mesmorize, that\'ll be most obvious brite collors say Florecent type, or if your really looking foward for just adventure than use mellow colors like light colors saying light blue, but be creative solid colors!!!!!

**DONOTDELETE**
10-16-2002, 04:57 AM
Go to a search engine and type in \"color psychology\" and you\'ll get a bunch of articles -- there have been many studies on the effects of different colors on people, and some of them do differentiate between male and female preferences. What it boils down to, I believe, is the best color for males is red, and the best color for females is teal. So I\'d say try teal and see where it gets you. If I think of it when I get to work, I\'ll send you a URL to the article I\'m remembering.

Whitehall
10-16-2002, 07:53 AM
Mr. xxxPantero,

Concerning your \"explanation\" of colors - baloney!

Red has longer wavelengths and hence each photon has LOWER energy compared to, say blue. The response is governed not by the physics but by the physiology of the viewer.

It is also well known that red \"advances\" while blue \"recedes\" hence red is more aggressive. I would suspect that the responses to red are an example of a hardwired visual response - red being associated with blood and hence danger. That may be the reason red cars get more tickets/

xxxPantero
10-16-2002, 09:08 AM
oh okay

but supposedly your insurance is higher if you have a red or black car as compared to a green car or something like that, because red and black are \"racing\" colors

blue lights are not legal because they draw too much attention, supposedly

and baloney is pink /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif and it\'s spelled bologna /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
10-16-2002, 09:12 AM
http://www.peekaboo.net/archives/cat13/20.html (\"http://www.peekaboo.net/archives/cat13/20.html\")

Long story short: Teal attracts women; orange-red attracts men

And if you guys are gonna start with harsh language like Baloney! I\'m going to burst into tears and run away... lol

Whitehall
10-16-2002, 09:48 AM
Madam Red,

Please accept my apologies for such harsh language - perhaps I should have said is \"rancid, artifically-colored emulsified meat product!\" although my dictionary gives the definition of \"baloney\" as \"pretentious nonsense\" which makes it the perfectly correct word in this context.

BTW, what\'s teal? You have to understand that we men can usually only recognize 8 colors (two are plaids) - all because of an estrogen deficiency, I understand - while women comprehend millions.

Elana
10-16-2002, 09:53 AM
<font color=orange>Are you guys turned on?</font color=orange>/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif <font color=red> Too bad teal is not an option</font color=red>

**DONOTDELETE**
10-16-2002, 09:54 AM
Darlingest,

Teal is blue/green. Like the color of a mallard duck\'s neck.

Do you agree with the article that orange/red attracts men?

Your servant,
FTR

P.S. Oh! Baloney! You mean, as in \"bullsh*t.\" Now I get it...