PDA

View Full Version : If you pray, please do

**DONOTDELETE**
10-15-2002, 08:27 AM
pray they\'ll catch the sniper. He killed another one, a woman, last night at the Home Depot I go to -- I\'m there almost every weekend for one thing or another. He\'s breathtakingly close to home.

BassMan
10-15-2002, 09:02 AM
<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

He killed another one, a woman, last night at the Home Depot I go to -- I\'m there almost every weekend for one thing or another. He\'s breathtakingly close to home.

<hr></blockquote>I saw that this morning on CNN and wondered if it was the one you go to.

May they catch him soon. I would be terrified.

Bruce
10-15-2002, 11:43 AM
FTR,
I can imagine how you feel. I am a real worrier when it comes to my family and stuff like this. I do hope they catch the criminal and will pray for that. It seems like he is pushing for an end to the story himself as he gets more and more brazen. Hopefully it will be over in the next few days. Lay low until then.
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
10-15-2002, 01:28 PM
It seems probable he lives in my same city -- he hasn\'t shot anybody in the City of Alexandria. Fairfax county, yes, but not in Alexandria proper. So on the theory that you don\'t mess in your own backyard ... he\'s probably a neighbor. Now, there\'s a lovely thought. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
I will be glad when this is over.
Thanks for your prayers.

sophie
10-22-2002, 12:13 PM
Praying every day for this nightmare to be over....let him (they) slip up, let him (they) be caught....

CptKipling
10-23-2002, 04:36 AM
I think it most likely is a \"they\", a well organised \"they\".

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2002, 05:33 AM
He might just quit all of a sudden and then we\'d never catch him. Now he says he\'s going after school children. He\'s very calculating, he\'s going all over the DC Metro area and very carefully chosing his spots. Where the bus driver was, there were woods behind, and then construction, so there were temporary roads for the construction, and he hid his vehicle in the woods, made his shot, and then drove off through the construction site to a main road on the other side. This was well thought out, he\'s not just taking the notion to shoot somebody, getting a wild hair. He\'s committing planned murders. He\'s got to be unemployed because of the times when the shootings occur and the planning involved, all the driving around to find good spots from which to kill people. WHAT is his trip?? For a little while it looked like the descriptions of his van were worth something, but now they don\'t think so, now they\'re not even sure he\'s in a white van. So we really have no idea who it is. But if he set out to terrorize, he\'s doing a fine job. Look at the volume he\'s achieved. He\'s killed a lot of people in a short time and shows no sign of slowing down.

CptKipling
10-23-2002, 06:56 AM
You remember when some bloke reported that he had seen the shooter with a rifle held to his shoulder outside a shop? Well that didn\'t take a genius to work out that that was rubbish, this guy knows what he is doing, he\'s not going to stand out in the open like that.

Another theory is that there is one main group, and then there are \"copy-cats\". I think the worst thing the police could do in this situation is underestimate him. I\'m worried that they will think he is just another looney, I don\'t think he is, every move is calculated, how else does he evade capture? Its all a terrifying and horrific roose, but to what ends?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2002, 08:22 AM
Oh, they\'re not underestimating. Every morning when I go to work, police are lining the shoulders of 395, and they\'re not there to catch speeders, because we all zoom by at our usual 80 mph (speed limit\'s 65) and they don\'t blink an eye. They\'re trying to catch the guy. I\'ve never them make such a visible presence.

I would think it would be hard to copycat a sniper unless you were one. He\'s a one-shot kill. You\'d have to be a pretty good marksman.

CptKipling
10-23-2002, 04:58 PM
Firstly, #if thats what the police are doing, then they are underestimating him. But I dont know, they could be there for fast responce, or even just to make the public feel safe, both very worthy. Saying this though, I do reallise that they are doing all they can. It just shocks me, how a person (or persons) can go around doing this for so long.

I wasnt really suggesting a copycat, but I bet there are a lot more skilled marksmen around then you think.

druid
10-23-2002, 06:35 PM
actually being visible like that (the cops) is not a good idea IMO. I mean if YOU can see the cops then so can the sniper, so the sniper can sit in his little spot that he choose to be far away from where the cops are at. But I don\'t think there is much more the cops can do than that. I just hope when the find the fcker he gets beat so bad that it makes the cops who beat Rodney king crinch.

CptKipling
10-23-2002, 06:39 PM
Valid point, but what would the vast majority of the public think if they didn\'t see the police doing anything?

Its all a sh*tty mess, and I have a horrible feeling that he will just dissapear and never get caught.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2002, 07:46 PM
The traffic is so slow on 395 toward the 14th street bridge (getting from Virginia to DC) that you\'re just sitting ducks. It\'s nerve wracking. You see the highway all lousy with cops and the analyses of this loon say that when he goes out, he\'ll go in a blaze of glory, and you look around and every other vehicle is a white van, you\'re thinking, well. Traffic\'s not moving. He could kill 20 of us before anybody got him. ...

I don\'t really understand what the police are doing, either. There are a lot of important people traveling the main roads into DC - well, there\'s no such thing as a minor road into DC, all of them carry heavy traffic 24/7. Maybe they\'re out to protect senators or whatever. I have no idea. I\'m not sure they do either.

Elana
10-24-2002, 05:35 AM
Thank G-d this nightmare may be over. Please let these be the monsters they have in custody now.

Bruce
10-24-2002, 12:14 PM
It looks like it is over. Check CNN.com. They have all the pieces now.
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
10-24-2002, 12:42 PM
Just in time, too. My parents are coming to visit. Now at least I don\'t have to worry about one of them getting shot.

I can\'t wait to hear what this guy\'s story is. Something doesn\'t feel quite right to me. ... hey - he was caught 1/2 mile from where one of my attorneys lives - at the gas station he uses regularly.

SwingerMD
10-24-2002, 06:05 PM
Looks like that their story starts about a 40 min drive south where I am. My boss (at the pool I work at) and I had this discussion the other day on how a lot of the nation\'s most famous serial killers come from our area . . . . Ted Bundy (in fact one of my psychology profs at the UW pointed out he used to sit in the front row of the lecture hall), Gary Ridgeway (the green river killer), . . . . and now the serial sniper (at least one of them). /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif