PDA

View Full Version : Congress

Mtnjim
10-10-2002, 10:36 AM
I didn\'t catch all of the details, but I heard on the radio this morning that appearently there is a bill before (US) Congress to make ANDROSTENEDIONE a controlled substance.

FWIW.

CptKipling
10-10-2002, 10:38 AM
Nooooo!

Please say the crackdown hasn\'t started!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

krtel
10-10-2002, 10:41 AM
Wow, I hope that doesen\'t happen for the rest of the pheromones out there. That really blows.

- Krish

Mtnjim
10-10-2002, 11:14 AM
It had something to do with Steroid precursers (taken internally). The discussion was in a sports report.

BassMan
10-10-2002, 11:23 AM
Might you be confusing ANDROSTENEDIONE, which is a steroid precursor, with androstadienone, which is a pheromone?

krtel
10-10-2002, 11:33 AM
Yup, it seems just like that. I looked it up on cnn.com, and it\'s short name is \"Andro\" and it is sold in health food stores. It\'s a steroid. I also found out why it is such a problem. For anyone interested: http://www.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/02/08/Andro.effects/index.html (\"http://www.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/02/08/Andro.effects/index.html\")

Had me scared for a min. It\'s a dietary supplement they\'re talking about, not a pheromone! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

- Krish

CptKipling
10-10-2002, 11:37 AM
BIG PHEW!

Elana
10-10-2002, 11:39 AM
I\'ll second that PHEW

Whitehall
10-10-2002, 11:40 AM
They can have the \'dione since it is largely ineffective in my experience. What is useful for putting on muscle, increasing libido and vitality is 4-androstenediol. They have been talking too about banning ephredra which is an herbal stimulant.

There is some risk with these, granted, that adults should be able to assume on their own. However. the horror stories that carry the most political weight focus on their use by minors which is were pheromones are also exposed. Frankly, given some of the postings by young people on this forum, I think that pheromones should not be sold to minors either.

Congress should back off on much of their drug legislation and instead deal with obscene pharmaceutical company profits and with fixing our medical delivery systems.

Many of the citizens of California are angered by Federal attempts to overrule our medical marijuana laws - passed by DIRECT VOTE of the PEOPLE of this sovereign state.

Mtnjim
10-10-2002, 11:44 AM
Yup, I just need to learn to spel ;~}

BassMan
10-10-2002, 11:48 AM
<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

Yup, I just need to learn to spel ;~}

<hr></blockquote>Actually, they\'ve been confused on this here very forum a number of times. There are an enormous number of \"andro\" compounds with very similar spellings.

EXIT63
10-10-2002, 02:31 PM
Isn\'t that the stuff Mark Mcquire was taking when he was hitting all those home runs?

krtel
10-10-2002, 02:57 PM
And why should pheromones not be sold to minors? We\'re humans too, you know. It\'s not something you ingest.

- Krish

Mtnjim
10-10-2002, 03:24 PM
Ya, that\'s right---that\'s who the sports story this morning was about. The one where I heard that \"IT\" (I\'m not about to take a chance on spelling again) was proposed to be controlled.