PDA

View Full Version : Cutting NPA

bills
10-10-2002, 08:52 AM
Since TE is diluted NPA, has anyone tried cutting NPA
2-1 to see the effects? Might be interesting. What would you cut it with? Vodka?

Gerund
10-10-2002, 08:57 AM
Maybe vodka & orange juice? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

MaxiMog
10-10-2002, 10:07 AM
Yesterday I asked about the amount of EW I should use in 10 ml of an essential oil synergy, of which 5 ml would be used on my whole body. Anyway, EW is a bit too difficult for me to handle correctly. So I\'ve decided to use NPA instead.

I used 6 drops in 10 mls (intended to use five, but my NPA bottle releases the drops extremely quick, so I accidentally added an additional drop. If I use 5 mls, I\'ll use 3 drops of NPA, spread over my whole body (not my face of course). Is that too much? I can imagine 3 drops straight to the neck to able to cause a serious OD, but I\'ve got a good cover, and the amount of NPA to oils is perhaps 3%. Most of my body will be covered by clothes, so...

What do you NPA-users and pros suggest?

BassMan
10-10-2002, 10:39 AM
<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

Anyway, EW is a bit too difficult for me to handle correctly. So I\'ve decided to use NPA instead.

<hr></blockquote>Nasty stuff in its undiluted state, isn\'t it? I use disposable latex gloves, eye protection (well, I wear glasses, but I\'d put on some if I didn\'t /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif ), and I work on my back screened porch. I won\'t even open the raw stock indoors, a guy could choke to death.

I used 6 drops in 10 mls (intended to use five, but my NPA bottle releases the drops extremely quick, so I accidentally added an additional drop. If I use 5 mls, I\'ll use 3 drops of NPA, spread over my whole body (not my face of course). Is that too much? I can imagine 3 drops straight to the neck to able to cause a serious OD, but I\'ve got a good cover, and the amount of NPA to oils is perhaps 3%. Most of my body will be covered by clothes, so...

<hr></blockquote>You could put it on, say, 1 ml at a time, and see how you smell... Three drops of NPA does seem like a lot to me, but then I generally use two little dabs.

BassMan
10-10-2002, 10:41 AM

Since TE is diluted NPA, has anyone tried cutting NPA
2-1 to see the effects? Might be interesting. What would you cut it with? Vodka?

<hr></blockquote>Everclear. Grain alcohol. The stronger the better. I can only buy the 75% here, but some places you can get 90% and up...

Whitehall
10-10-2002, 11:11 AM
If the 10 ml base is really an oil or an essential oil with good fixative properties, then the NPA would be released slowly compared to straight NPA on the skin. If the RATE of release is lowered then the concentration of NPA in the nearby air is lower too.

Therefore I\'d guess that an OD amount of NPA to the skin might be OK if diluted in oil and applied to the body. However, at some point you\'d still OD.

MaxiMog
10-10-2002, 11:56 AM
Well, the synergy has Patchouli in it, which fixes the scent. I must say, smelling the 10 ml bottle the mix is in, I can setill smell the NPA a liitle bit. However, when I apply a dab to my arm, leave it there for a while, and take a good whiff, then all I smell is the synergy\'s scent.

MaxiMog
10-10-2002, 12:05 PM
So three drops is an OD amount... What\'s the most you can put on places exposed to the air (wrists, neck,...) to cause an OD? Probably some less than 3 drops?

Whitehall
10-10-2002, 12:11 PM
Three DROPS are pushing it for most guys (not dabs which are smaller) when applied directly to the skin.

DrSmellThis
10-10-2002, 10:25 PM
To cut nPA, use 50% alcohol, like comes with chem sets. If you mix with oils you need to dissolve the oils in equal alcohol first to mix.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-11-2002, 12:20 PM
I got a messy mix when trying to dilute an apc/AE/cologne mix with massage oil (main ingredient was almond oil) in a 50/50 ratio. I now have to shake it before use and it\'s all white like [censored] semen!

Any hints on how to mix alcohol based and oil based products ?

I\'m planning to buy the chem set, make some phero mix and I would like to dilute it with oil (maybe in a 1:4 ratio) because I prefer oil based products.

How should I do it and what kind of oil would be great ? Does apricot kernel oil would be ok ?

DrSmellThis
10-11-2002, 12:58 PM
with high alcohol, no problem; with 50/50 you must dilute the EO in alcohol or make the 50/50 into at least75/100 or higher first.

Whitehall
10-11-2002, 01:21 PM
Add a drop of a surfactant like dishwashing detegent to help oil and water mix better.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-11-2002, 02:45 PM
In other words, EO are soluble in alcohol but you need enough alcohol if you don\'t want to go over the saturation point ?

DrSmellThis
10-11-2002, 04:48 PM
O/alcohol = mix
O/water = no mix
50/50 alcohol/water is too much like water.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-11-2002, 04:59 PM
So perfumes are very high proof then... But I guess the more alcohol you have, the more oil you can put in there...

DrSmellThis
10-11-2002, 05:12 PM
once mixed, you can dilute the [censored] out of it with water or whatever.