PDA

View Full Version : Hair Loss?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-07-2002, 12:03 PM
I did a search but didn\'t pull up anything conclusive, yet I\'m pretty sure this subject was discussed somewhere.

Thing is, it seems to me I\'m losing more hair when I shampoo than I used to - could just be that it\'s longer now than it\'s been in my adult life -- but even still ...

Could this have anything to do with pheromones?

Whitehall
10-07-2002, 12:06 PM
Others have noted a change in the oiliness/dryness of their hair from using pheromones, A-1 in particular.

Maybe you\'re cranking out the dihydrotestosterone now?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-07-2002, 12:14 PM
um...crankin\' out the which? (I can only go up to five syllables...)

While you\'re out here - re your cocktail - do you make your own liquor or buy it online? There\'s one made with tequila, I see, but only that one so far in a cursory search.

I\'ve been using PI/w, sometimes with SOE, and my hair is drier and I do seem to be shedding at a higher rate...

oscar
10-07-2002, 12:15 PM
FTR and Whitehall,

Believe it was I who reported unusual dryness of hair, but that was with direct application of A1 mixed into gel and used repeatedly. Haven\'t noticed that I\'ve lost any hair.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

DrSmellThis
10-07-2002, 12:22 PM
I\'ve noticed increased hair loss. Recently, I\'ve been spraying edge on the back of my head where I don\'t lose hair.

I also use essential oils like rosemary, tea tree and ylang ylang, and others, to encourage hair growth and prevent loss. I have a formula I\'ve revised over the years. It works. You can make your own by studying aromatherapy, or by trying those three basic oils. I recently started combining it with the skin biology product:

http://www.folligen.com/ (\"http://www.folligen.com/\")

My hair loss has stopped and reversed. My ex-girlfriend stopped her hair loss as well with my mix. I use it topically and put it in my shampoo.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-07-2002, 12:28 PM
A penny for your formula...

krtel
10-07-2002, 01:46 PM
Hmmm, I think I\'ll think twice before applying it to my hair. lol.

- Krish

DrSmellThis
10-07-2002, 02:11 PM
who told you about my \'secret ingredient\', krtel?

xvs
10-07-2002, 03:03 PM
Anything which increases testosterone can produce hair loss.

krtel
10-07-2002, 03:48 PM
A little birdy did. Tough luck! lol... kidding. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

- Krish

Watcher
10-07-2002, 06:30 PM
Makes my hair grow more go figure.

Zap
10-07-2002, 06:35 PM
Just a question..so, is not it necessary to apply the phermones to the hair to loose it?....

Thanks

Watcher
10-07-2002, 06:41 PM
Really irrelvant just some of us cracking a few to many pheormone jokes, it wont have any effect on hair loss, remember these things (pheros) raise other peoples hormone levels to enable and drive them to express more and more intense sexual behaviours and through the wonders of the human brain and its need to associate everything in the external environment it associates that horniess with those around and mostly those who have the synthetic pheromone love potion number 9s on.

MadMaxx
10-08-2002, 06:18 AM
Watcher, are you certain that pheros only raise other people\'s hormone levels??? Anyone??? Is this true??? I have my doubts.

I was going to bring up the hair thing too. My hair is drier than it has been in a long time. Also, I had a major fallout happening in July(I\'m 32 and have quite a bit of hair). I am also quite concerned that this whole phero thing could be f#cking with the hormones in my body, such as increased T levels and DHT levels. So, does anyone know whether -none or EW is going to increase T in the wearer??? What do you think Whitehall???
I should also mention that I do not apply to hair. I have really nice healthy long hair that I don\'t want to damage by spraying alcohol on it.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-08-2002, 09:05 AM
MadMaxx, I\'m in the same situation. My hair\'s so thick it\'s a phenomenon - it takes my hairdresser on one side of my head and an assistant on the other side to blow it dry, and generally in the next chair up to three people have been blow dried by the time they\'re finished with me. So it\'s not like anybody else would notice. But it\'s really, really dry lately and I can see thin spots at my temples, and more is in the drain when I wash my hair.

I have my serious doubts as well about the hormone effects on the user.

MaxiMog
10-08-2002, 09:26 AM
I also put Ylang Ylang, Rosemary and Tea tree in jojaba oli in my hair. It\'s quite good IMO! Bergamot is good when you have gray hair.

Increased testosterone results in increased hair loss. Of course there are other factors like diet, too!

MaxiMog
10-08-2002, 09:31 AM
Why would the pheros NOT mess with the wearer\'s hormone levels? I certainly believe they do!

**DONOTDELETE**
10-08-2002, 09:43 AM
I also think they do. When I do a mix and have the product under my nose for some time (especially with a concentrated product like AE), I get a metalic taste in my mouth after maybe 15 minutes (no I`m not tasting it !). I believe this is associated with some hormonal responce. When I did try to wear APC/w on its own, I noticed a clear temperature raise in my body that lasted for hours, then again, this effect took about 15 minutes to start. If people can smell it, you can smell it too and of course you`r under some effect too. The only difference is that you know why you feel that way and they don`t.

Maybe that`s why some people noticed that some brand or mix have no or almost no effect for the first fiew days and then it start working. Maybe our body addapt to the phero after a fiew days.

franki
10-08-2002, 09:48 AM
\"Maybe that`s why some people noticed that some brand or mix have no or almost no effect for the first fiew days and then it start working. Maybe our body addapt to the phero after a fiew days. \"

Yes, that´s exactly what many of us had with none products. Our minds and bodies had to adapt to the fact that we were suddenly (way) more alpha/dominating.

At first our body thinks the extra a-none around us is from another guy, so we will feel (very) uncomfortable. After some time this will change and you will get used to the extra -none as if it was your own.

Well, at least that´s the way I read about here on the forum and the way I experienced it!

MaxiMog
10-08-2002, 09:54 AM
Alchemist and franki: that\'s my idea as well! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Mtnjim
10-08-2002, 11:33 AM
\"I also think they do. When I do a mix and have the product under my nose for some time (especially with a concentrated product like AE), I get a metalic taste in my mouth after maybe 15 minutes (no I`m not tasting it !).\"

Some time ago, in the former forum, I posted a comment about the \"metalic taste\" and no one else seemed to have noticed it. Are we the only 2 that have experenced this??

**DONOTDELETE**
10-08-2002, 01:24 PM
No, I experience it too. I reported it in reference to PCC.

Zap
10-08-2002, 07:53 PM
Hi there,

What about the hair growing slower, perhaps....Did anybody notice that?

Zap
10-08-2002, 08:16 PM
A was also wondering if those having this problem are wearing phermones everyday. Perhaps, we have to wear it less often continue enjoying its benefits. I do not know wich product in particular they are using...perhaps, this is related to only one or a few products...

MadMaxx
10-09-2002, 05:38 AM
Franki, as for your theory, there is no truth in it at all for me. I was NOT uncomfortable in any way when I started with -none products. Things were fine for a while, THEN, it started turning me into a hostile animal. I couldn\'t wear it because I was seriously worried I was going to kill someone. My body and mind was not ever going to adapt to wearing some of these products such as PI/m. So,my experience offers no support for your theory. What you are saying may be true for some, but I don\'t think you can generallize. There are countless factors such as what pheros you are talking about, what each person is to begin with; chemically, personality-wise, etc.

MadMaxx
10-09-2002, 05:43 AM
Re: temperature. My temperature has clearly risen, permanently. I wear the pheros everyday. I didn\'t notice anything different before EW, but now that EW is a part of my life, I\'m a walking radiator. Fall is here and the people around me are wearing sweaters, but I am a bit too warm in a thin short- sleeved shirt!

BassMan
10-09-2002, 05:45 AM
<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

Re: temperature. My temperature has clearly risen, permanently

<hr></blockquote>Same. I\'ve always run hot, but pheros make me sweat.

franki
10-09-2002, 05:47 AM
Did you run hot when you applied EW, Bassman?

BassMan
10-09-2002, 05:56 AM
NPA/edge make me so hot I literally can\'t sleep unless I wash them off.

EW doesn\'t quite effect me as badly, but, yes, about 15 minutes after I put it on, I can feel myself getting hotter. My hands are very hot, the rest of me warms to varying degrees. I think I\'ll go get one of those in-ear thermos and actually try to measure it...

**DONOTDELETE**
10-10-2002, 03:37 PM
Well, some of us reporting feeling more pumped up in the gym wearing cops. If this is due to higher testosterone levels, then it probably will cause increased hair loss.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-12-2002, 11:29 PM
I stopped using \'mones completely for several days after having used at least PI/w every single day. I washed my hair last night and almost none came out. Back to normal.

They still haven\'t caught the sniper so it\'s kind of hard not to be scared and tense, if not for myself, for my loved ones -- I had to go to the grocery store which is in a strip mall today - there are usually so many people you can\'t find a place to park -- it was like a ghost town -- every time I see a white van I feel like I\'m gonna faint, my stomach clutches and I get light headed. With all that on top of -nol to -none conversion which happens normally but (we think and I believe) accelerates under stress, I\'m not going to be able to wear anything but copulins for a long time - probably until at least the sniper\'s caught but maybe until the threat of war is lifted.

EXIT63
10-13-2002, 02:31 AM
Please take care.

MadMaxx
10-13-2002, 07:15 AM
FTR, hairloss can be a mysterious thing, and can apparently be affected by hormonal changes. Interestingly though, my experience is somewhat opposite from yours. I was using pheros for a few months with no noticeable changes in my hair. I went on a two-week vacation in July and stopped using pheros. I had a massive bout of hair fallout. I got back home and started using pheros again and things calmed down. Go figure. Who knows, it could just be coincidence. I am using cops and none daily these days and I think I am noticing regrowth of lost hair. So, for me, I am going to keep using the pheros. Maybe it is not a matter of whether we are using them or not using them. Maybe it is a matter of our bodies\' hormonal state; in your case maybe the effect of pheros creates a negative hormonal condition for your hair; and maybe in my case the pheros create a condition that is more favorable for my hair than if I wasn\'t using pheros. Anyway, this is all pure speculation. I\'ll keep you udated as to whether I have more regrowth or more fallout.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-13-2002, 09:31 AM
Thanks, MM - it is interesting - another example of how you can\'t make blanket statements about how these things work, it depends on who they\'re working on and what they have to work with.

MaxiMog
10-14-2002, 10:40 AM
I sent an email to Matt Fields (you know, from Stonelab) asking about this. I\'ll post both my message and his response!

I\'m a board member on love-scent.com. Recently, we have been discussing about how pheromones might cause us to start losing our hair, or more hair than usual. Wearing pheromones affects the people around you, but affects the wearer him/herself , too. Higher testosterone levels can eventually result in (more) hair loss in the wearer (extended exposition to pheromones!). What I\'d like to know is: do I have to beware of using pheromones too much? How big is the influence of the pheromones on our own body chemistry? I\'m pretty much a young guy, and I\'d hate losing my hair later on because I\'m using pheromones now.

The answer:

Interestingly enough - there is absolutely no indication that the topical use of these products increases testosterone levels, so I don\'t think you need to worry about loosing your hair. That is the basis behind the copulin products, but not the pheromone products. Steroid-based pheromone attractant products are strictly intended to target the Vomeronasal organ - not increase testosterone levels. Remember, this is VNO-reception, not olfaction or hormone induction.

Very kind regards,

Matt

Hope you found this interesting! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

franki
10-14-2002, 11:07 AM
\"Steroid-based pheromone attractant products are strictly intended to target the Vomeronasal organ - not increase testosterone levels. Remember, this is VNO-reception, not olfaction or hormone induction.\"

So they are saying a-none targets the VNO and La Croy is saying exactly the opposite????

franki
10-14-2002, 11:13 AM
This is what LaCroy says on their website:

\"Scientists have found that the VNO acts as the receptor for a sensory system that is separate from smelling.The VNO also connects directly with the hypothalamus, the brain\'s control center for basic drives like emotions, sex, fear as well as for body temperature and heart rate.

Comparatively, smell messages form the Olfactory organ travels to a different part of the brain.
Olfactory pheromones include products like Androstenone. Researches have shown in clinical experiments that Androstenone triggers a subconscious sexual response in woman.\"

**DONOTDELETE**
10-14-2002, 11:38 AM
\"That is the basis behind the copulin products, but not the pheromone products.\"

I\'d been wearing PI/w and PCC, both of which contain copulins.

Whatever it was that caused it, while I was using them, my hair became brittle and I lost more of it every day than I had before. I have two small bald patches at each temple now and just had to have a couple of inches cut off because the ends had become so bad, almost overnight. In just a few days of ceasing use of PI/w and PCC, the hair loss stopped. I am sure eventually the texture will normalize too.

Whatever product caused it, it happened, and the timing of it would certainly suggest that it was causal, so be careful, don\' t think its your imagination if you have trouble with your hair.

I certainly don\'t intend to give my \'mones up, but I am not using them every day anymore, just for those special occasions.

xxxPantero
10-14-2002, 12:14 PM
put \'mones on your bikini line! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif lose the hair there, and still get attention where you want it! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
10-14-2002, 12:16 PM
Hey, now there\'s an idea...

Elana
10-14-2002, 01:29 PM
damn good idea if I do say so myself /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

MadMaxx
10-15-2002, 07:00 AM
Maximog, let\'s see if I\'ve got this straight; copulins are not pheromones; if that is the case,what do we call them???
Second, their reply seems to imply that copulins DO cause testosterone increase. If that is so, that haven\'t fully answered your question, since we obviously want to know if any of the products we are using, including copulins are going to be likely to cause hair loss. As far as I am concerned they are avoiding the issue. How about asking their opinion on copulin use?

MaxiMog
10-15-2002, 07:13 AM
Copulins are just copulins! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif But as we use them for the same purposes as we wear pheromones, you might as well call them pheromones, too. I don\'t care what it is called, as long as it is effective! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

I think that as copulins increase testosterone levels, they can be responsible for your hair falling out faster. IMO, it\'s not only the testosterone that decides whether you\'ll go bald or not. It\'s one of the factors! I don\'t think having high testosterone levels necessarily make you go bald, or vice versa.

I\'ll send them another message. They indeed answered only one part of my question.

franki
10-15-2002, 08:51 AM
I asked SIR to clarify:

\"Frank,

Great to hear from you; we\'re always happy to hear from folks over at
Love-Scent.

Just for fun, I should tell you that Erox\'s patent (at least the one
you\'re
referring to - they have many on a variety of compounds) has absolutely
nothing to do with \"pheromones\" - Interestingly enough - the patent, if
you
read it, simply gives them exclusive rights to use two specific
compounds
(one of which is androstadienone) in fragrances. That\'s it. Bill
Horgan
(the actual patent owner who licenses the use to Erox) is good friends
with
one of the perfume fillers Mr. Stone is affiliated with. Don\'t be
thrown by
misinformation commonly thrown around by the lesser-informed; they do
not
own a patent for \"Pheromones\" :-)

Regarding the Olfaction vs. VNO element of your question, there may
have
been some miscommunication between you and Mr. Fields. Olfaction is a
completely separate reception process from VNO-reception, and while
there is
nothing that defines a \"pheromone\" as having to be detected by the VNO
to be
considered a pheromone, it DOES have to be done without olfactory
detection
(smell) and on a subconscious level. I would be surprised by anyone
who
claims to be knowledgeable about pheromones telling you that they work
because they are \"smelled\" (olfaction), and I have to believe that
either
the Lacroy representative accidentally wrote \"olfactory\" instead of
\"VNO\" or
doesn\'t understand the difference; remember that this is a chemical
manufacturing firm - not an accredited research facility actively
working on
this very science. In reality, for the purposes we intend them for,
these
compounds really do need to be received by the VNO (VomeroNasal Organ -
Vomer is Latin for plow; the organ sits within the mucous membrane that
covers the plow-shaped septum, the cartilage that divides the nostrils)
in
order to work - that is the very basis behind modern pheromone
behavioral
modification, and until the discovery of the V1RL1 gene which is
responsible
for the existence of the active VNO in humans, this was also the very
crux
of the argument on whether or not humans could even receive pheromone
signals. Unfortunately, many lesser-educated individuals misunderstand
or
misinterpret much of this information, and are less than careful with
terminology and it\'s use.

All that said, there is nothing that says a smell or smelled compound
cannot
produce a subconscious effect - it\'s just not a pheromone trigger.

Do some additional research, and I\'m certain you\'ll find more on the
answers
you are searching for, but I think we\'re really all on the same page
here -
just being dogged by semantics.

Very kind regards,

Bob

Robert Jones, PhD
Industrial Tech Services
Stone Independent Research, Inc\"

**DONOTDELETE**
10-15-2002, 09:05 AM
Ok, I\'m stupid, break it down for me. Does this mean copulins, -nol, -none, -rone do not activate the VNO?

franki
10-15-2002, 09:11 AM
According to SIR, a-none, a-nol and a-rone ONLY trigger the VNO. If they could be perceived on the olfactory level, they shouldn´t be called pheromones. (However I remain very sceptical about this whole VNO story).

Copulins are not really pheromones. The way I understand it, cops work on another level.

BassMan
10-15-2002, 09:25 AM
<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

According to SIR, a-none, a-nol and a-rone ONLY trigger the VNO. Otherwise they shouldn´t be called pheromones. (However I remain very sceptical about this whole VNO story).

<hr></blockquote>It\'s even more complicated than that - if I remember, according to Erox\'s info, a-none, a-nol, a-rone DON\'T trigger the VNO, only their stuff does. They supposedly conducted studies...

**DONOTDELETE**
10-15-2002, 09:27 AM
That\'s so weird. Because PCC opens up my nose and I figured it was because it was doing something to my VNO. But I didn\'t notice any similar response with PI/w.