PDA

View Full Version : Athena Institute

**DONOTDELETE**
10-05-2002, 07:02 PM
Hello all!! I\'m the new rookie in town. I was wondering if anyone had any info on this company\'s products. I ordered a $99 additive vial last summer and observed nothing. What type of phero does she sell? Anybody have any success with it?? I have a tiny bit left--can this be added to my new bottle of APC? BTW--is the APC gonna work????

krtel
10-05-2002, 07:28 PM
I am assuming this is your first time at Love Scent? Well basically, anything love-scent doesen\'t sell is crap. Im not surprised Athena didn\'t work for you. Your not the first person to bring up the issue to this forum either. As for APC, It has a *very* low concentration of androstenone, so you have to apply a good deal of it to get any results. Most of the people here just use APC as a \"fragrance additive\" because it has a decent smell. Other than that, it\'s a low-end product.

But, you can buy NPA (very high concentration of *none) from Bruce and use your APC and make JB#1, which seems to get the highest rating in the cookbook. So 7 APC : 3 NPA makes JB#1.

- Krish

druid
10-05-2002, 08:05 PM
APC is one of my favorite products. Apply 5-10 dabs. Around arms, behind ears, back of neck, chin, a little under the nose.

krtel
10-05-2002, 08:07 PM
So you use it as stand-alone? How well does it work for you? Have you tried it as JB#1?

- Krish

**DONOTDELETE**
10-05-2002, 08:36 PM
Athena seems to pride itself on it \"science\". All loyalties aside, is there anything to their product?? In the \"Irony\" department, I actually was at the \"Institute\", a new McMansion, in very suburban Philly, on unrelated business a few years ago...

EXIT63
10-06-2002, 04:15 AM
IMHO...SUX

DrSmellThis
10-06-2002, 02:13 PM
Uses DHEAS, rather than pheromones.

Unless it converts on the skin it\'s useless.

Athena prides itself on pictures of people in white coats with pocket protectors.

jvkohl
10-06-2002, 09:20 PM
No evidence that DHEA(S) has pheromone properties (or anything else that Cutler studied in the 80\'s, according to one of her co-authors). Makes me wonder where she\'s coming from when she claims to have discovered human pheromones. Or makes any other claims. What\'s with the wear it for six weeks approach before you might get results? DHEA and DHEAS levels are similar in men and women. A male pheromone should be different than a female pheromone. Finally, androsterone/etiocholanolone ratios are different in men and women, which is only one of the reasons we can expect -rone to enhance one\'s masculine appeal. It would be nice if Cutler would quit involving herself in ridiculous (as judged by her more scientific peers) studies that attempt to show her stuff works, and work on any explanation that makes sense out of the DHEA garbage.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-06-2002, 09:24 PM
Want me to send her an email, JVK? I\'ll straighten her out if you want me to. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

xvs
10-07-2002, 01:30 AM
Hi JVK,

I posted something about this a while ago here:

http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=23509&page =&view=&sb=&o= (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=23509&page =&view=&sb=&o=\")

It seems that TOPICAL DHEA-S is known to and/or likely to stimulate the sebaceous glands to produce steroids -- ie: pheromones.

In this case, it\'s not that the DHEA-S itself IS the pheromone or that it\'s breakdown products or metabolic products are the pheromones -- what may be the case is that it stimulates the glands to produce OTHER pheromones.

So if they are using DHEA-S, it could possibly be stimulating the user\'s pheromone production.

As I said before: until someone does a study on this, we just don\'t know.

DrSmellThis
10-07-2002, 03:10 AM
http://www.calypsos-oil.com/ (\"http://www.calypsos-oil.com/\")

The above link also leads to a discussion of DHEA as a pheromone enhancing substance. You have to look for it.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-07-2002, 04:50 AM
wow, that was a great link!!!

druid
10-07-2002, 04:40 PM
kretel:

yeah I use it as a stand alone. My only DIHL was from wearing SPMO and APC. I generally get a lot of side glances, smiles, and hellos. which I feel are good hits because that opens the door to futher communication. I tried JB#1 and I had no reactions. I also have gotten good reactions from SOE oil & gel and DD#1. I am testing DD lite at 7 SOE: 1 TE

Watcher
10-07-2002, 06:43 PM
Impressions so far druid?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-09-2002, 12:09 PM
You know.. Everyone here is dissing the Athena Stuff. Over a year ago I skeptically paid the 99 bucks and received my vial of what appeared to be nothing more than water. I mixed it in a bottle of aftershave- LOL.. Aqua Velva of all things. I started wearing it, applying my aftershave in the morning as I normally would. Well. Three days later I was went into this BBQ restaurant. The girl behind the counter that was taking my order seemed to be very interested in me.
She was watching me like a hawk with this awestruck face. Then, even after I sat down, I was watching her from the corner of my eye. She couldn’t keep her eyes off me! Every once and a while I would smile at her. Finally she came out into the dining area and kept walking by my table, for no apparent reason but to look at me. Finally she came up to me and tried to ask me if I was enjoying my BBQ but she couldn’t get a word out edge wise. She was so flustered with me that she started stuttering and made a complete fool of herself.. Well.. At that point I wasn’t sold on the Athena product but about a week later, I had made a date with some girl I met on an internet dating site. We decided to meet for lunch. I arrived a bit early and she was not there yet. When she arrived she came to the table and sat down. We ordered our food and we were making some small talk, all the time her eyes were as big as saucers and the grin on her face was ear to ear. Then, out of the blue she looked me directly in the eye and said” I just want to jump across this table and do you right now!’ I was like… Dang! I thought she was joking with me. My response was “Are you serious?” she said.. “Yes.. I just live right down the street. Would you like to come over to my apartment?” I still thought she was joking with me and I jokingly said” Go back to your apartment for what… A sack lunch?” With a big smile on her face she said yes.. Well.. Needless to say I had dessert at that young ladies apartment. And.. I took her out again that weekend only for another great experience.
Ok guys.. A week later, I agreed to meet even another woman off of the matchmaking web site. We met at small pub. After about five minutes of talking with her, with a big grin on her face she said “You are so cute!” Well.. We sat there and had some food and were having a nice, fun talk. Then out of the blue she said, “I play the guitar and I want you to come over to my apartment and listen to some songs I have been writing” So.. I kindly agreed. As we were walking out to the parking lot I was asking her for directions to her apartment and she told me “You can leave your car here. I will bring you back to get it in the morning” At that point I knew I was in for a wild ride. The rest of the evening was spent at her apartment, it entailed about 5 minutes of guitar playing, a bottle of Cain Cuvee, slow dancing with each other and Finely – the grand finally! (Also, I noticed that while she and I were dancing she kept smelling my face) I chaled it all up to the Athena product. By the way. This gal was a complete hottie as well. 5’7, and a total 10!
Listen guys, I’m 5’5 and I have always had to work a little harder than the average guy in picking up the ladies but after trying the Athena stuff, I was sold on it! These are just three instances of how the stuff worked for me within the first two weeks of wearing it! Over the past year, I did notice that the hits subtle -non sexual hits I received increased more so than prior to wearing the Athena product. Also.. My experience was that it seemed to work its magic best when I was on a pre arranged date. Other than that, the random hits from women such as the girl in the BBQ place did noticeably increase but they have been sporadic. So… Now, after reading some of the posts here, I purchased some PI/m and some SOE. I am going to play with the stuff a while and see how it goes. I will keep you posted.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-09-2002, 12:12 PM
I really, really like this girl. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif