PDA

View Full Version : Love Potions

Mtnjim
10-02-2002, 10:08 AM
Last night on the Discovery Health Channel, they had a program on called \"Love Potions\" There was some discusion of Pheros. There was an interview with a \"Dr. Frankhouser\" (spelling?) who was called the auther of \"Scent of Eros\" (??) \"a book on pheros\". The only phero specifically mentioned was A-1, though there were pictures of bottles of -Nol.

proteus
10-02-2002, 10:16 AM
never did like the idea of stuff on pheros being covered in the media coz next thing the FDA or some other org. will be stepping in and banning them. It\'s one of the reasons I\'m not for this whole idea of a phero convention coz imagine a group like NOW gets wind of this because of media coverage - next thing y\'know for sure this stuff will be banned

BassMan
10-02-2002, 10:20 AM
<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

a group like NOW

<hr></blockquote>NOW would be the last folks I\'d worry about - they don\'t have the political clout.

Think Jerry Farwell.

CptKipling
10-02-2002, 10:33 AM
Dr. Frankhouser=JVK=auther/creator SOE

Strange fishy smell floating around.

Mtnjim
10-02-2002, 10:39 AM
\"Dr. Frankhouser=JVK=auther/creator SOE\"

My point exactly!!!

There were a couple of other \"researchers\" interviewed also. I forget their names --well, after a couple of burbon &amp; waters...

CptKipling
10-02-2002, 10:52 AM
lol

**DONOTDELETE**
10-02-2002, 10:52 AM
How about \"Dr Francouer\". He is the the co-author of the book...

cuddlebear
10-02-2002, 10:53 AM
The FDA needs to deal with food and drugs. Pheros are neither. They are topically applied. I agree the media is better left out. I think our little black market can grow large enough to reward those who make the products. Can you imagine us having to get Rxs for this stuff? We could always make Dr.Smell This our family MD ... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

MaxiMog
10-02-2002, 12:19 PM
Yeah, this board is getting more and more popular, thus phero products sold here are, too. I think the researchers and developpers of phero products don\'t need to worry one bit that their creations aren\'t exactly mass-\'consumed\'.

jvkohl
10-02-2002, 01:46 PM
Dr. Robert Francoeur is the co-author of The Scent of Eros; we teamed up in 1994 to publish in 1995, and I got some input from him for publication of the paperback version. In the past, Bob has referred those interested in interviews to me, but he has been strangely silent for several months now. Glad this show was mentioned, I\'ll hopefully be able to view it sometime soon--and see if it\'s an accurate representation.

Mtnjim
10-02-2002, 01:52 PM
Unfortunately, you weren\'t mentioned. I sure wish I could remember the names of the other researchers--not names I have seen mentioned here, or I would have remembered. One guy speciffically named \"A-1\" as a phero, but mentioned that about 40 had been isolated. Thought that eventually about 100-140 would be isolated. Be nice to be able to get ahold of some of those other 35.

cuddlebear
10-02-2002, 02:11 PM
40 mones? That would be ONE large chem kit. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

jvkohl
10-02-2002, 03:13 PM
Sounds like the other guy was Clive Jennings-White. He\'s the chemist for Erox/Pherin. On other occasions my name has been left out of the picture, too. Francoeur is listed as the author on his university website, and a couple other programs that featured him, also only listed him as the author. This is very odd for someone who is second author of a book. Typically, mention of the first author, leaves no room for mention of the second. But, some editors/producers only find Ph.D.\'s and M.D.\'s to be worthy of mention. I\'ve been cut out of several articles for this reason. Everyone else that\'s mentioned has academic credentials, so anything I say is questionable by comparison. At least that\'s what some folks would have you think. I am, however, featured in another Discovery Health program: What\'s in a Kiss. This program airs a few times every 2-3 months, and I help to detail the involvement of pheromones in kissing.

Mtnjim
10-02-2002, 03:18 PM
That is one of the names, there were a couple of others.

As far as the \"Whats in a Kiss\", I saw that and right aferwards a thread about pheros in toothpaste poped up.
Any Ideas??

Whitehall
10-03-2002, 07:34 AM
One idea originally posted by DrSmellThis (and a brilliant one too) is to enhance the pheromones in your mouth by taking a sublingual DHEA tablet (10 mg) before kissing. The wet mucus membranes of the mouth soak up the DHEA and change it into a number of \"exciting\" compounds.

I\'ve tried it and it certainly tastes zippy and makes one\'s mouth all tingly. Haven\'t had an opportunity to get a first, deep, wet kiss with a new partner yet using the DHEA. Longer-term partners react like adding pheromones to an old flame - nothing great but no complaints.

jvkohl
10-03-2002, 08:27 AM
Whitehall,

Do you have any info on what compounds are produced in the mouth with the addition of DHEA tablets? I didn\'t see the thread on toothpaste, but the chemistry is likely to be more difficult to determine than that of surface pheromones.

Whitehall
10-03-2002, 08:53 AM
I have no clue!

I can say that one\'s own mouth post-DHEA has that \"electricity\" that comes from an especially exciting kiss of another. Given the HUGE market for TicTacs, chewing gum, mouthwash, etc ad nauseum, this could be a big money-maker.

I think I\'ll try it again tonight and give a refresh of my impressions by tomorrow. One would think a priori that the chemistry in a warm, wet mouth would be rather active.

DrSmellThis
10-03-2002, 01:00 PM
I\'ve no idea either. It does leave a \"sexy,\" musky taste, with 5mg sublingual, and gets into the bloodstream almost immediately, bypassing the stomach enzymes.

I use it when out in the field, and needing a quick boost to my internal phero supply.

CptKipling
10-03-2002, 01:21 PM
Whats your supplier?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-03-2002, 01:25 PM
Would that work for women?

Whitehall
10-03-2002, 01:27 PM
I have tried DHEA lotions on vaginal tissues and they definitely \"energize\" them. (Check out a product called Dermal XL.) Internal (adrenal) DHEA converts to T and E in genital tissues normally and, it appears, topically/exogenously.

One interesting test would to compare sublingual DHEA with and then without pretreatment with an oral antiseptic like Listerine. That might help is determining how much of the tingle is from bacterial action and how much is direct human tissue action.

DrSmellThis
10-03-2002, 09:50 PM
Here\'s the supplier. Cheap!! I get the 5mg one.

http://www.puritan.com/scriptsp/start.exe/puritan/mainnew.html (\"http://www.puritan.com/scriptsp/start.exe/puritan/mainnew.html\")