PDA

View Full Version : how do i broaden my chest?

xxxPantero
10-02-2002, 06:41 AM
a lot of women have told me recently that they like men with broad shoulders

i knew this from beforehand, though, which is why i took up swimming

are there any other (maybe even quicker) ways that i can broaden my chest and shoulders? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif thanks a lot people!

MaxiMog
10-02-2002, 07:43 AM
Yeah, this kinda interests me, too. Push-ups definitely work, but not for you whole chest. That\'s why a certain part of my chest is well-developped, but IMO the other parts could use some exercise.

Does anyone know exercises without dumbells, or other stuff that\'ll give you\'re chest a good work-out? I\'m not a very big fan of all those gadgets... I rather use my own weight (pull-ups, push-ups, etc.) I realize though, that in order to exercise my whole chest, I might have to use dumbells and machinery...

proteus
10-02-2002, 09:23 AM
well if using weights the basic chest exercise would be bench press and for shoulders exercises like behind-the-neck-press and dumbell flyes . There was a thread a little while ago discussing this kinda stuff in more detail but if you want to get info on this checkout bodybuilding.com. But it\'s never good to workout just a one or two bodyparts - usually better to do overall workout but weights will achieve what you want if you are persistent and do the exercises correctly..

**DONOTDELETE**
10-02-2002, 12:50 PM
Well you can broaden your chest just with push ups. For a wider chest, you have to widen your hands apart like a wide grip bench press, which also broadens chest.. Put your hands closer than normal pushup width and your working the inner pecs. Also, do some incline and decline parbell press for total chest develop meant.

xxxPantero
10-02-2002, 01:19 PM
thanks!

Watcher
10-02-2002, 01:25 PM
Concentrate on nutrician along with the non-weights routine (it will take a lot longer mind you)
Take horny goatweed and tribulus zinc and magnesum if male and plenty of iron. Also eat plenty of carbyodrates (bread) and protein (meat and whey powder protein shakes help a lot to)
Goto bodybuilders.com

CptKipling
10-02-2002, 01:48 PM
ZMA suppliments aswell, but then I think Pantero is already taking those.

Yeah I would recomend press ups, experiment with how wide apart your hands are.

Eat lots. Carbs, proteins...

**DONOTDELETE**
10-02-2002, 02:15 PM
What about lat pulls? They don\'t exactly broaden your chest but they do accentuate the difference between your upper body and your waist to give you that nice V shape.

marv14yag
10-02-2002, 04:22 PM
Well, I believe, it is MOSTLY to do with GENETICS, of size.

However, through, illusion, you can make this look.

This DOES NOT MEAN, making your whole chest bigger, but rather, if you make the RIGHT PARTS bigger....

I believe the BEST way to do with this is pushups, and/or bench press, pushups are even better, they work the RIGHT part, and NONE of the less, so, instead of looking BIGGER, they make you look BETTER...It\'s like, bodyshaping the muscle to look you look like you have bulk in the upper body, v.s., a lot of muscle mass....

This is why bodybuilders...They just have EVERYTHING big, no symetery. I know that\'s my secret, the body SAPING, just the right muscles should get worked. In the right proportion (Even, perhaps, the 1:1.618 ratio MAYBE??????????

The Greeks called calisthenics, the exercises of beauty, something like that, anyway, it will give you better symetry...

I suggest, multiple sets of pushups, to failure....You have to go to failure, or, well, there\'s no point.

That\'s the secret, better symetry....Quality over Quantity...

Also, if you look at the MOTION of a pushup, the higher you go, the EASIER. If you do enough of them, it willl reprogram the muscles to work more explosively...

Bart

MOBLEYC57
10-02-2002, 04:48 PM
Pantero, I agree with marv14yag on the pushup deal to failure. What I use to do is exactly what he said, except for I did 10 sets for max reps twice a week, always push to hit well over a 100 reps when done. Now that I\'m in the gym, I know it\'s all about angles....angles are the key, and learning what exercise stimulate what head of a muscle. My chest is 52 inches, I\'d send you a pic if you like, and no I\'m not gay, just like showing off every now and again. But along with my program, supplements and sleep are the other important tools.
If you go with only the pushup thing, do some sets with your feet in a chair to hit the top of your pecs, and don\'t forget the close hand pushups to hit your inner pecs. Hope this helps, it\'s one of my favorite topics.

xxxPantero
10-02-2002, 04:50 PM
thanks guys

i went to the gym today and was doing these kind of pushups where one hand is on a basketball, and when you push yourself up, you shift your body to the other side and land on the other hand (does any one know what i\'m talking about here?) supposedly that doing more explosive reps will give you more mass, instead of just a \"slow burn\" kind of thing

anyways, this exercise is a killer... best pushups i\'ve seen

plus i\'m doing wide stance pushups too

thanks guys, esp. marv14yag, for your input so far!!!

oh, and i already DO have the V shape from my lats, but i just want a wider frame from shoulder to shoulder. screw genetics, we\'re in the 21st century, we can almost overcome that! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

xxxPantero
10-02-2002, 05:14 PM
yeah, send me a pic

don\'t worry i won\'t do kinky things to it

druid
10-02-2002, 07:10 PM
Well my chest is like 44 inches on a 5\'10\" frame (which is not huge, but not small either). I rarely do pushups anymore -- but back in highschool I would do either one set of 100 or 2 sets of 50 before going to bed. Then I started benching and my chest grew like a weed. My current chest routine is 2-3 (one is always incline) types of presses with one fly movement. I would suggest wide grip incline presses (go for heavy weight low rep sets) for chest and standing barbell miltary press for your shoulders (again heavy). Also try your push ups on those bars so u can go down futher. Be a carivore (meat meat and more meat). Don\'t neglect the rest of your body -- you will stimulate more muscle building hormones by working your entire body. But utimately experimation is what is gonna deterimine what works for YOU.

Watcher
10-02-2002, 07:18 PM
Weights probably have thier place, i do 85 pound dumbbell lifts in reps of 10 about over a two hour period of 15-20 sets, combined with plenty of water during the workout, do it more as a quick, cardiovascular type of workout. Get plenty of good food and supplements (protein whey powder is great with full cream milk) and have fun doing it.

CptKipling
10-03-2002, 04:05 AM
Back into my fitness training program now, athletics and stuff. Boils down to 1h 30 of sprinting, you want to be sick after, but its worth it. Don\'t know what it was before, but my resting pulse is 52/min.

Back to chest broadening.

My chest is about 39\", ok not huge but thats a fast explosion. I love to eact meat anyway so thats easy. Anyone tried this (people who dont go to the gym, like me /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif ): Dont know what they are called, might already have been mentioned. Push ups, but easier because your not horizontal. E.g two low chairs, shoulder width apart, and rep fast. Kills you. Aim for 60 in 30 secs. Then move your hands wider, go down lower (beneath your hands), and rep fast.

MOBLEYC57
10-03-2002, 07:01 AM
Pantero...did you get the pic?

Macmers
10-03-2002, 08:16 AM
MOBLEYC57:
52 inches is real wide and broad .....Dude, send me the pic too....

\"When all men think alike, no one thinks very much.\"
-Walter Lippmann

MaxiMog
10-03-2002, 10:33 AM
How much push-ups did you have to do to achieve that?

MOBLEYC57
10-03-2002, 01:35 PM
Macmers - you didn\'t have an email address in your profile fella. If I send it, you can\'t laugh, because it\'s a pic I put into my personal ad named...\"GOT MILK!!!\"

It didn\'t come from pushups fella. It came from GOLDS GYM. In my younger days pushups built the foundation, and gave my girl a nice place to lay her head.

Watcher
10-04-2002, 12:32 AM
Way to much protein powder combined with a little exercise and water = broad shoulders quick muscle gain (horny goatweed and testostrone boosting aphrosdisacs are great to - also tribulus does the same thing.

http://www.anitadoth.myby.co.uk/anita%20doth_2%20u%20downloads.htm (\"http://www.anitadoth.myby.co.uk/anita%20doth_2%20u%20downloads.htm\")