PDA

View Full Version : What about girls who can't stand cologne ?

**DONOTDELETE**
09-30-2002, 07:28 PM
Ok, some people just can\'t stand cologne/perfume. What phero should I use to get hit from those ? In other words, which effective (for a 29 male) products smells more natural (without being absolutely stinky) ?

Macmers
09-30-2002, 07:37 PM
That would be SOE.......

\"When all men think alike, no one thinks very much.\"
-Walter Lippmann

camusflage
09-30-2002, 07:42 PM
First, try laying off on it. If you normally spray three times, try two. Try spraying further away, diffusing it across your body/clothing more. Mist it into the air, and walk through it. Most importantly, for stuff like Le Male, Obsession, Envy, Safari, Joop, A*Men, or any other massively heavy fragrances, GO EASY. Even on people that wear them well, they can be overbearing.

Demeter has about a bazillion different \"single scent\" fragrances. Beet root, dirt, Earl Gray tea, lettuce, etc. If you don\'t want to go QUITE that far, there are some light/natural scents. Depending on your locale, Mugler\'s Cologne may make a good choice. I say that because it\'s a summer scent all the way. DKNY Men is a decent light/casual citrus as well. While spendy, Creed\'s Green Irish Tweed fades into a subtle, rich blend.

DrSmellThis
09-30-2002, 08:10 PM
That\'s an easy Q.

Use mellow smelling essential oils instead, combined with raw -mones. Stay away from the spicy ones. Use amber, sandalwood, vanilla, balsam, benzoin, or jasmine. These rarely offend the sensitive.

See my other posts in current threads for more info.

upsidedown
09-30-2002, 09:37 PM
I think the OLD scent of AE might be the most subtle of any of the products. It\'s fairly mild smelling, and what smell there is goes away pretty quickly. But, it\'s a pretty powerful overall product.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-30-2002, 10:35 PM
Camusflage,

I just checked out Demeter on line. Very interesting indeed. Do you wear these? Like, what do you think is in \"Dirt,\" for example? or \"Fireplace.\" I would imagine \"Funeral Home\" is a floral blend, but the name also conjurs up the smell of formaldehyde to me.

I like their irreverent attitude, anyway. And I wouldn\'t mind smelling like cinnamon toast...

**DONOTDELETE**
09-30-2002, 11:55 PM
Ok so that would be AE or SOE.

AE is none/rone/nol and SOE is mostly nol with a bit of rone.

Do we know the proportions in AE ?

Now what about the sent of AE new compared to old AE ?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-01-2002, 12:23 AM
Ok, \'\'old\'\' AE it will be. I never use a lot of any kind of perfume(usually one drop) so there should not be any OD problem with the none anyway and I like to get a stand alone product containing all 3 mones.

Damn expensive tho, I hope I`ll like the scent! (And don`t forget my SOE gel pack promo !)

I\'m now curious to see if the results will be even more amazing than with my APC (the APCmale/female 4:1 did a mild but nice job, better and more friendly than just the male version alone).

camusflage
10-01-2002, 06:20 AM
I don\'t wear any of the Demeter scents.. I am too much of a snob to go the single scent route, usually.

Personally, my favorite scents are split between light orientals and citrus-fresh colognes. Allure, A*Men, Casran, Hanae Mori, Pi, and a few others on the oriental side, Cologne, DK Men, DKNY Men, Image, and Egoiste Platinum on the citrusy side.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-01-2002, 07:22 AM
Ok, while waiting for my AE, I did one last mix with my APC samples and some other things.

The final mix is :
100%APC/m : 1.1ml
50%APC/m-white musk : 1.1ml
100%APC/w : 1.1ml
Vanilla oil : 3 drops
Azzaro cologne : 3 drops

Up front, the vanilla wrap up the whole mix, then fresh notes from the APC stand up with subtles complexe hints coming from Azaro mixed up with musky notes. I put it just 15 minutes ago, we will see later how it will turn out.

My goal with the vanilla is to present the possibly aggressive \'nones in a candy like fashion. The 40% female APC should also balance the whole perfume and effects (that will be also tested later).

My girlfriend don\'t really like Azarro and any strong colognes but only 3 drops in the mix should not be a problem (it hardly smell but it contribute to the blend).

Concerning AE, does it blend well with escential oils ?

DrSmellThis
10-01-2002, 11:52 AM
AE blends great with essential oils as is, as it\'s oil based.

AE is a good choice for pre-prepared products. I think you\'ll be happy.

SOE has a fairly strong scent by comparison.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-11-2002, 12:11 PM
My girl friend still have some problem with the cologne smell, even if I\'m mixing something very mild (using APC, AE, some vanilla and a bit of Azzaro). She don\'t like the smell but she\'s also saying things like \"I\'m surprised to be so horny these days even if I\'m so tired\" (she\'s doing too much overtime...). hahaha...;-)

I think I\'ll just go for the chem set and cook myself an unscented phero mix similar to AE, dilute it a bit and use it as is without any extra cologne in the mix.

Does someone have experience in using the chem set that way ?

DrSmellThis
10-11-2002, 01:03 PM
your mistake is using APC and fake vanilla and azzaro, not the mild AE (old).

Get real essential oils and mix with the old AE. Try sandalwood and benzoin. Get vanilla essential oil too, if you want. It\'s expensive, but worth it. Oshadi makes a good one. Your girlfriend probably won\'t complain then.

Chem st is fine too, but I\'d still recommend the oils too, diluted in grain alcohol 50/50..

Whitehall
10-15-2002, 02:48 PM
Most mass market colognes and perfumes are a hodge-pouge of chemicals in alcohol. Some are infamous for causing allergic reactions in others - Chanel #5 is one. In our usual California progressivism, many public places here are now \"Fragrance-Free Zones.\"

One can go with the essential oils - either single note or personal blend. Or one could spend extra and go with a high end French line like the House of Creed. I have been extremely impressed with the quality, complexity, and staying power of the two Creeds I\'ve sampled so far - Green Irish Tweed and Imperial Millesime. While the ingredients are not disclosed, I take them largely for \"natural\" products.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-15-2002, 04:31 PM
I second Whitehall on Creed as I always do. Can\'t say enough good about that perfume house. Worth every single penny.

DrSmellThis
10-16-2002, 05:09 AM
looks good to me too--
Green Irish Tweed