PDA

View Full Version : Hey Maxi Read This About Essential Oils and Mones

cuddlebear
09-30-2002, 05:31 PM
I have probably done more experimenting with essential oil and mone combinations than anyone else on the forum. So here goes: Peru Balsam w/nol (oil base) and Jojoba Oil gets the most hits. Cinnamon w/nol (oil base) is also good for hits but it irritates the skin. Neither Rosewood or Sandalwood have been particularly effective. Sweet Almond Oil can be used to make the essential oil more diffusive, meaning the girl can be farther away from you and you will still \"get the word out\" so to speak. Cajeput is a component of a lot of soaps, but its smell is too medicinal in a camphor-like way. Better to use the longest lasting soap you can and apply pheros on top of fresh skin. This has worked for me. All my experiments were done with oil based Nol so I don\'t know how none would work. Due to its smell, I would be real conservative. Also, look at my comments on your \"Weird Question\" thread .... happy hunting ... c-ya Cuddlebear.

DrSmellThis
09-30-2002, 08:03 PM
More experimentation than anyone?? Never underestimate the forum members. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

What gets the most hits will depend on the person and situation. Sandalwood works very, very well for me, as it matches my body chemistry.

One must dilute essential oils in alcohol before mixing with 1/2 alcohol based mones, as are in the chem set. Then the mones can truly combine, chemically, with the essential oils.

Cinnamon should never be used straight, but should be mixed and diluted.

Peru Balsam really comes to life when you make amber with it; and, a little patchouli will improve it\'s impact for most types.

MaxiMog
10-01-2002, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the info, Bear, but I think that the trophy for \"person who has experimented the most with Eoils\" goes to Doc SmellThis! Sorry... Nevertheless, thanks again. I\'ll go check out \'my\' thread!

cuddlebear
10-01-2002, 09:46 AM
OK, I will turn over the crown. Sometimes I will say I\'m the most experienced or the class guru on something just to find out who REALLY is! To the Doctor: Do you find that all your EOs mix with alcohol? Sometimes I would get really cloudy mixes.

DrSmellThis
10-01-2002, 11:17 AM
You get cloudy mixes when you use less than 150 proof grain alcohol. The problem is the water in the alcohol. Preferable is 180 proof grain. I use 200 proof ethanol, which you have to be a Dr. to get in Oregon. If you use 180 proof, all oils will mix. Even resins will dissolve in that over time. A 1:1 or 2:1 (Etoh/oil) ratio is fine for oils and alcohol. Then add the mones, and strap in!

BassMan
10-01-2002, 11:22 AM
You know of someplace I can get the strong stuff mail order? The 150 proof is all they sell in Florida. Must be worried about bush fires, or something. Uh, brush fires. That\'s what I meant to say. Yeah. Brush fires...