PDA

View Full Version : PPA not working

voodoo
09-26-2002, 07:19 PM
Well so far I\'ve got actually no resposes from PPA. I\'ve used 2 dabs and 4 dabs in various places on my skin and clothing anyone have any suggestions or what they have tried in the past?

MaxiMog
09-27-2002, 02:06 AM
Not working, eh? Get over it! It\'s not as if it\'s gonna work for everyone. Sad, but true. Get some AFA!

oscar
09-27-2002, 04:29 AM
voodoo,

You may be going a little light on the application at 2-4 DABS.

If you were to estimate 20 drops to the milliliter, @2.6 DROPS of PPA would give you an optimal .02mg. dose of A-None.
If you use 30 drops/mL as an estimate, it would take fully 4 drops to deliver that .02mg.

Unless your dabs are real gulley-busters, you\'re probably not applying enough.

But then I haven\'t had a whiff of the new version, if that\'s what you have, so I don\'t know if this would be a fragrance overload or not.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

MOBLEYC57
09-27-2002, 05:55 AM
Hi...JAMBOOT started this PPA thing, but he used it with NPA, and said by putting it on the skin, and by it being alcohol based, he applied the mix hourly. Hope that helps. Did you get the new or the old, and how do you like its smell?

proteus
09-27-2002, 06:30 AM
I\'m having the same experience - no results with 2 and 4 dabs and the problem is the scent is very strong when first applied, too overpowering for even myself. It does wear off fairly soon but I\'ve found putting on more than 4 drops is just too much. What I figure I\'ll do is mix it with some of it with NPA and see what happens.

BassMan
09-27-2002, 06:36 AM
<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

I\'m having the same experience - no results with 2 and 4 dabs and the problem is the scent is very strong when first applied, too overpowering for even myself. It does wear off fairly soon but I\'ve found putting on more than 4 drops is just too much. What I figure I\'ll do is mix it with some of it with NPA and see what happens.

<hr></blockquote>
Is the scent as strong as RM?

proteus
09-27-2002, 06:42 AM
Never tried RM so I wouldn\'t know, but PPA has an strong alcohol/musky scent. What might help as I think has been mentioned is putting in an oil base maybe to control the vapors.

BassMan
09-27-2002, 06:59 AM

Never tried RM so I wouldn\'t know, but PPA has an strong alcohol/musky scent. What might help as I think has been mentioned is putting in an oil base maybe to control the vapors.

<hr></blockquote>I bought some returned PPA. Haven\'t really started playing with it yet, so I\'m real curious. Mine smells a little like suntan oil. Do you get that, too? Or just the smell of the alcohol and the pheros?

oscar
09-27-2002, 07:38 AM
Gents,

What color are the labels on your PPA?

Sounds like proteus has the new PPA with the blue label, and BassMan has the old white label

While I\'m not very surprised that Stone changed PPA\'s fragrance from the suntan lotion-like scent it used to have, I do think it\'s strange that they would have made the scent so much stronger, as some reviews have indicated.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Macmers
09-27-2002, 07:47 AM
BassMan:
Yeah....you probably got the old version. And it does not smell a little like suntan oil.....but in my opinion it smells EXACTLY to be precise. The new version smells like mixture of BO and cologne......overally nice.

BassMan
09-27-2002, 08:09 AM

What color are the labels on your PPA?

Sounds like proteus has the new PPA with the blue label, and BassMan has the old white label

<hr></blockquote>Correct. White label. I bought returned stock, so I know I have the old one.

While I\'m not very surprised that Stone changed PPA\'s fragrance from the suntan lotion-like scent it used to have, I do think it\'s strange that they would have made the scent so much stronger, as some reviews have indicated.

<hr></blockquote>Especially since folks were diluting RM and saying it smelled better that way.

MaxiMog
09-27-2002, 08:19 AM
I have a white lable and kinda like the scent: vanilla &amp; coconut!

proteus
09-27-2002, 08:40 AM
yup, I have the new PPA with the blue label.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-27-2002, 01:25 PM
From what I\'ve gathered, the new PPA should be a diluted version of RM (I haven\'t tried PPA yet, but I got very nice results with RM). It would be interesting to know what people are using to dilute RM: if I\'m not wrong, DrSmellThis (or was it SwingerMD?) used Aloe Vera oil.

BassMan
09-27-2002, 06:31 PM

From what I\'ve gathered, the new PPA should be a diluted version of RM (I haven\'t tried PPA yet, but I got very nice results with RM). It would be interesting to know what people are using to dilute RM: if I\'m not wrong, DrSmellThis (or was it SwingerMD?) used Aloe Vera oil.

<hr></blockquote>I got my \"RM/PPA scent\" from SIR today. Yea! Haven\'t opened the bottle yet. I\'m looking forward to turning OLD PPA into NEW PPA...

SwingerMD
09-27-2002, 11:22 PM
Hi Everyone,

Yes it was I that diluted RM 1:1 in Aloe Vera oil (must shake everytime /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif ). The scent of RM and the new PPA are similar. The difference is that the PPA scent is muskier and the RM has a bit more citrus to it (I think).

I have been testing out a mix with PPA:
50% PPA
20% NPA
20% Vegetable Glycerine
10% A1

I haven\'t seemed to have any noticable results from this mix yet. The veg. glycerine seems to cut the fragarence quite a bit so I\'m thinking about going with 60% PPA and 10% Glycerine. I believe that it was Jambat (I think) that mentioned something about cutting RM with veg. glycerine. It mixes fairly well and it helps the roller ball glide smoothly. Anyhow I plan to make a similar mix with RM instead of PPA and compare results.

On a side note I\'ve been testing JB#1 off and on all week long and I\'m seem to be getting noticable looks and lots of hair flipping and twirling.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-28-2002, 01:18 AM
SwingerMD: the idea of dilution came to my mind since I remember that someone posted (oscar maybe?) that RM had a fine man\'s fragrance hidden under its concentration, and that by diluting RM, it fully comes out. OK, so you mix with veg. glycerine, anyone else? On another hand it seems that PPA is not the killer product as it seemed some days ago...

franki
09-28-2002, 03:09 AM
\"On another hand it seems that PPA is not the killer product as it seemed some days ago... \"

Did you ever think it was the (new) \"killer product\"?

BassMan
09-28-2002, 05:11 AM

Bassman: wow, that\'s the RM/PPA fragrance only! BTW, how did you manage to order it?

<hr></blockquote>I sent you a PM.

Anyone else interested, PM me.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-28-2002, 10:22 AM
franki: um... you know... those wild rumours when someone makes great claims always hook me /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Seriously, I think that the idea behind PPA (low none concentration and nice fragrance) is not bad at all; jamboot and marv14yag reported great hits; avoiding the usual yada yada (\"personal chemistry, every product behaves differently on different people, etc\"), some deeper test should be done. I thought about getting it myself now but my phero arsenal is really full; now that Bruce has the new PPA too I think I\'ll have it on my next shopping cart...

In the meantime I\'ll be watching, to see if someone gets something out of it.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-28-2002, 11:10 AM

DrSmellThis
09-28-2002, 10:51 PM
Wasn\'t me.