PDA

View Full Version : Do Pheros Last???

voodoo
09-24-2002, 02:22 PM
With alot of discussion about different scents and pheros, it lead me to a question.

The question is when the carrier scent fades,as it does quickly with most products, the effect is diminished even though the pheros still exist.How long AFTER the scent fades do pheros normally last on the skin and/or clothing? Anyone?

voodoo
09-24-2002, 04:28 PM
Nobody knows??

franki
09-24-2002, 04:37 PM
I don´t know the answer to your question. However I don´t think it is a good thing to put both your (main) phero´s and your cover/carrier fragrance into the same mix.

When I use TE for example (still my favorite, often in combination with SOE) I apply a cover fragrance at the time when I apply. Then after about 2-5 hours (depends if I am in a smoky room or not) I need to reapply the cover fragrance to get the same amount of hits that I got in the first few hours.

What I am saying is, (newbies should notice), is that the phero´s work long, but they still need to have a carrier fragrance to do their job properly.

Watcher
09-24-2002, 04:49 PM
Oil based pheros will last for up to 8-10 hours maybe more.

Alcohol on clothes however is better (andro 4.2 and attraction have been said to last up to 72 hours on a shirt and even survive a couple of washes) however on skin the time is between 12-24 hours i would say. Lets just say you could apply in the morning and still be right at midnight.

Also the higher the concentration the longer it will last.

voodoo
09-24-2002, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the info guys....

Is that really true? Oil based Pheros fade quicker? I thought they lasted longer?

That was an interesting comment about reapplying a carrier fragrance. I for one have always been of the mind that your carrier is vital as it causes the recipient to \"sniff\" thus stimulating the VNO.

Because the VNO is different from what we actually use to smell something, people have told me that the carrier scent is irelevant, but I of course have disagreed based on the fact there must be a reason for a girl to smell us.

By this reason would it be ok to apply a scented phero product and once the scent has faded apply a high end fragrance to subsitute as a carrier scent?

Thanks all...

Watcher
09-24-2002, 05:15 PM
Ok let me clarify

Oil lasts longer on skin (slower realise)
Alcohol is better for clothes as it is more readily absorbed into natural fibres like cotton and wool. Where it is slow realise.

Alcohol on skin has a average realise rate and oil on clothes can stain.

A carrier fragrence is good but some of the unscented products are undectable soon after application.
(attraction unscented and andro 4.2)

**DONOTDELETE**
09-24-2002, 05:19 PM
<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

some of the unscented products are undectable soon after application.

<hr></blockquote>
Does this mean that the pheros stop working, or you just can\'t smell anything?

Watcher
09-24-2002, 05:21 PM
The cover fragrence isnt detectable on a conscious level.

The pheromones are still strong however at a subconscious normally untectable range.

voodoo
09-24-2002, 05:26 PM
Ahhhh ok well thanks everyone you cleared up alot for me...so when my PPA scent wears off I\'ll just spray some Cool Water or Emporio Armani on to kick start the reaction again...

Watcher
09-24-2002, 05:27 PM
Thats it esp with PPA and other alcohol product bases.