PDA

View Full Version : -None Vs -None

**DONOTDELETE**
09-24-2002, 11:45 AM
I\'ve just been reading through some stuff on the Stone Labs main site (PM me if you want the address) it says....

\"Contrary to popular notion, there are actually many compounds that are often commonly referred to as “Androstenone”, “Androstenol”, or \"Androsterone\". These concentrates are the compounds that we here at SIR have determined to have the most potential as VNO triggers, and not necessarily the most intuitive incarnation of the common names.\"

Now, since there are different versions of None, is it possible they have different effects. For example, people who wear PI seem to get respect, but other people using different none, such as the stuff in PPA or JB#1(though perhaps that is a result of the secret ingredients), report people challenging them some times almost starting fights. Also in the poll thread done a while back people liked PI much better than RM, however (i think) they both are none only and both have same the -none concerntration. Why the difference? It is possible that this is merely a consequence of the small sample of people questioned, or the way that the products are used, but it is also possible that it is due to the difference in the none.

Also, how about the different Nol\'s and Rone\'s. Does a Chemset SOE clone produce the same reactions as SOE oil or gel?

These differences may be insignificant, but then again...

Watcher
09-24-2002, 12:17 PM
THat may explain a big difference between products,

Therefore andro 4.2 might be well mixed with RM or PI(M) as it could be a different type of -none and therefore have slightly different effects. I guess as the science develops better products will be developed.

xvs
09-24-2002, 12:22 PM
There actually aren\'t different versions of -none. Androstenone is ONE chemical.

On the other hand, some manufacturers could be using a low-quality unpurified mix that contains some -none and a bunch of other random chemical reaction products. Whether any of these other random substances would have a beneficial effect or not is unknown.

MaxiMog
09-24-2002, 12:45 PM
I thought there were two versions of androstenone? The second is like putting the first in front of a mirror. It has the same basic structure, but isn\'t quite the same as a whole. I don\'t think this is a good translation, but it\'s called \"optic(al) isomery\" in chemistry terms. The first one is unscented, and the other one has the cat piss smell. The one that gets results is the smelly one.

xvs
09-24-2002, 03:05 PM
Oh, you mean racemic forms. There are actually several, but as I understand it, because of the starting compounds in steroid synthesis you don\'t typically get that.

It is possible that some other process could produce those, but what you\'d end up with is just a weaker mixture, since only one form has an effect.

DrSmellThis
09-24-2002, 11:28 PM
Interesting thread.

JVK?

BassMan
09-25-2002, 05:31 AM
Stereo-optimers, opto-isomers. Same thing, different words. Mirror images of each other. There is a lovely page out there somewhere with pictures of the two. Check the archives. I don\'t remember whether it\'s the d- or the dl- that\'s active, but it\'s whichever one matches the rotation of testosterone. And yes, it\'s the stinky one.

It\'s not like Phil to be disingeneous, so I really don\'t know what he\'s referring to when he says that there are multiple chemicals called androstenone. There probably are, but even the worse of the APC sites know enough to specify it as 5a-Androst-16-en-3-one.

MaxiMog
09-25-2002, 05:50 AM
http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=21471&page=62& view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart= (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=21471&page=62& view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=\")