PDA

View Full Version : JVKohl check thread...

DrSmellThis
09-24-2002, 11:10 AM
that says your body\'s own pheromones. Interesting question, I think.

MaxiMog
09-24-2002, 12:56 PM
http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=31247&page=1&v iew=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart= (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=31247&page=1&v iew=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=\")

**DONOTDELETE**
09-25-2002, 01:00 PM
JK - I also had a reply to you in the \"-rone alone\" thread.
Basically I\'m wondering: if you know what -rone is produced as a result of, perhaps you know what -none and -nol are produced as the results of too? (ie. some type of metabolite of testosterone, I presume.)

Watcher
09-25-2002, 01:29 PM
JK - Probably off on his motorbike on some road trip again out of reach of all forum members once again.

jvkohl
09-25-2002, 09:23 PM
You guessed it Watcher! I did 1700 miles throughout Colorado last week, returned yesterday and am trying to catch up. -rone is produced as a metabolite of dehydroepiandrosterone, so is etiocholanolone. One of the more
interesting things is that ratios of -rone to etiocholanolone are inverse men compared to women, and homosexual
males have ratios more similar to those of women. That\'s why -rone makes sense as a enhancement of masculinity. More -rone should equate with more masculinity. Not that gay males can\'t be masculine--some of
them more masculine than most of us heteros. But the chemistry is different. I discuss this in the epilogue of
the recently released paperback version of The Scent of Eros. Not so much a sales pitch as information that should help others decide the true nature of human pheromones. Was contacted today by a college professor who wants to do a study using The Scent of Eros fragrance. I\'ve advised him to limit the study to androsterone, and think that he will do so. In any case, more proof of the validity of using androsterone is on the way. Yesterday, it was reported from a neuroscience conference that pheromone receptors have been found on gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) nerve cells--a major addition to human pheromone knowledge, though the study was on rodents. Several years ago it was reported that rodents have GnRH receptors in the adrenal glands. Taken together, these reports add more support for a direct connection between the adrenal-linked pheromones of others and your adrenal response--a very rapid, fight or flight type response. Will be a few more years till info from human studies is published that links this to androsterone, but it\'s almost sure that we will see it happen.