PDA

View Full Version : Your body's own pheromones...

bpg1
09-24-2002, 09:39 AM
I wonder what happens to the pheromones your body produces if you use pheromone supplements; I have heard two different views on this. One is that your body produces more pheromones to try and keep up with what you put on, and the other is that your body stops producing pheromones as it senses that you are putting on much more than it would naturally make.
Does anyone know anything/ have any opinions on this?

MaxiMog
09-24-2002, 09:42 AM
I feel the second one is best. The first one just doesn\'t make sense IMO. Your body always tries to maintain a certain equilibrium, no?

Bruce
09-24-2002, 09:48 AM
So far there is no evidence that there is any kind of feedback to the phero-production mechanism, but if there is one and I had to choose from one of the two options given, I would have to go with Maximog. The body tends to keep levels stable. Seeing as pheromones are mainly a communication system, I like to wash them off at the end of the day, which gives me some time to reregulate if that turns out to be an advantage. I have also tended to give the pheros a day off regularly.
Bruce

MaxiMog
09-24-2002, 09:48 AM
It should be noted though that the amount you apply is A LOT bigger than what you\'re body produces itself.

MaxiMog
09-24-2002, 10:00 AM
Smelling a very strong concentraton of pheromones can give you headaches, at least that\'s what some people on the board say. I haven\'t noticed something like that myself though. What I want to say is that if the first option would be triue, then eventually you would reach a stage in which you\'re having constant headaches as the amount of pheros keeps on raising. We still need to reapply from times to times, so the amount get lower over time.

It\'s best to wash of the pheros by the end of the day. Bruce is very right about that.

You can also try to accumulate the amount of your own pheros by not washing yourself a couple o\' days. Remember what Napoleon said to Josephine: \"I will be arriving in Paris tomorrow evening. Don\'t wash!\" With all you\'ve learned on this boards, I\'m sure you know why he said that. It should be said though, that there\'s NO WAY you\'ll get the same great results by doing that instead of trying the pheros on love-scent.

Xehupatl
09-24-2002, 11:04 AM
hmm the second possibility of your body reducing or even stopping pheromone production reminds me of the exogenous-hormone-dilemma. As soon as you inject exogenous HGH or Testosterone, your body shuts down the production of that hormone because it gets enough from the outside, anyway .. so when you stop supplementing that hormone from the outside, you end up a puny weak wimp ... or so they say.
they say a lot, don\'t they? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

anyway I\'d recommend reading Natural Hormonal Enhancement by Rob Faign .. great book

my €0.02

stefan