PDA

View Full Version : Of possible interest/not directly 'mone related

**DONOTDELETE**
09-24-2002, 07:45 AM
http://newtimes.rway.com/2002/091802/bodymind.shtml (\"http://newtimes.rway.com/2002/091802/bodymind.shtml\")

Whitehall
09-24-2002, 08:11 AM
Baloney.

Obviously, too much aerobic exercise has depleted this wimp\'s testosterone levels.

The author must have never had children if he believes that gender behavior is \"learned.\" I wonder if his mother or wife taught him that, if the woman is unhappy, it\'s all the man\'s fault.

He must be angling for an invitation to appear on daytime TV.

jose
09-24-2002, 08:30 AM
You know I laugh at these kinds of studies, if you\'re too macho you\'re somehow depressing your wife. If you become a whuss and passive she\'ll leave you for another guy. I guess you can\'t win.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-24-2002, 08:39 AM
Sorry, guys, didn\'t mean to arouse bitterness. I was just thinking, the pheromone you talk about that exacerbates PMS in women - I wonder if these so-called \"machos\" exude it in too high a quantity, causing a negative effect in their mates.

I wonder if behavior can cause pheromone production to alter.

Bruce
09-24-2002, 09:21 AM
FTR,
No need to appologize. Personally, I think the article is rather vague and you can read whatever you want into it. EG: what does \"macho\" really mean anyway? I always thought the term was by definition negative and meant prone to violence, power-mad, narcistic, stuff like that. With my understanding on the type, there needn\'t be any surprise that the wives are unhappy; goes without saying.
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
09-24-2002, 09:30 AM
It\'s just that it appears to me some of those traits are being correlated with \"alpha\"-ism.

Bruce
09-24-2002, 09:43 AM
The ideal alpha guy is ABLE to take charge and get the job done well, and proceeds to do so, when it is to everyone\'s advantage. The macho-man is obsessed with running the show regardless of the outcome, and if you get in his way, he will waste a tremendous amount of time and energy making you wish you were never born.
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
09-24-2002, 09:44 AM
Oh, I see. That\'s a good distinction.