PDA

View Full Version : Smaller chem sets!

MaxiMog
09-24-2002, 04:53 AM
Bruce,

Is it possible to start selling smaller chem sets? I think the $100 is pretty ok, but if you want to add A1 to the mix (which makes experimenting much more fun as there are no products already containing it in advance), it\'s immediately an extra $80, which is a bit too much IMO: it comes in a 10 ml bottle with 10 mgs of A1, while I notice that people mostly use little A1 in comparison to the other -mones. So we\'ll be paying a lot for something we don\'t use a lot of. Perhaps selling little bottles of A1 like the $100 chem sets ones (3 mgs per 3 ml).

Just a suggestion. I think we\'ve experimented with pre-made products long enough (which cost me a lot of money), and that we need our own creativity to be the source of our successes. But we still have to be able to pay for it.

MaxiMog
09-24-2002, 04:55 AM
The already scented products are of course still great for newbies and pros alike, but I\'d like to take it one step further.

Watcher
09-24-2002, 11:06 AM
Ill agree being able to purchase a smaller chem set would be good esp on a1, but being able to alter my mixes according to individual specifications would be even better.

DrSmellThis
09-24-2002, 11:16 AM
A good solution would be to just include A1, and to sell small chem set bottles individually. The chem set isn\'t overpriced.

Whitehall
09-24-2002, 11:39 AM
I vote to see the chem set at a lower price point. I\'d like to see A-1 in it to so bundle everything in together and adjust the volumes to meet the price. Might want to reduce the amount of Rone too for better balance.

I\'d guess $75 would be great for me..

MaxiMog
09-24-2002, 11:41 AM
I agree: it ISN\'T overpriced, but I \'wasted\' enough money on pre-scented products already. Most of which I only applied once, and never again. Not that they aren\'t any good, but it\'s pretty much evident that you stick to your BEST mix (which, needless to say, does not contain all products I have)

MaxiMog
09-24-2002, 11:43 AM
Yeah, in volume, -rone and A1 (even combined amounts of those) are less used than either -none or-nol.

Bruce
09-24-2002, 01:51 PM
I agree adding a1 to the set would be good, but the way we are covering our butts with the a1 (if you know what I mean) is by keeping it separate from any claims or encouragement towards its being used in the world of fragrance. I don\'t think we want to banish the entire set to that world.
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
09-24-2002, 02:58 PM
Using the Love-Scent product table as my source of information A1 is $79.99 for a 10 ml 10 mg bottle which is $7.99 per mg/ml. Maybe an additional size of it could be added to the products sold. Say a 3 ml 3 mg bottle for $35.99 which is right around $11.99 per mg/ml. It would cost the buyer more per each mg/ml but you would be able to try it for a lesser price than the bigger bottle, then if you decided it was something that you would going to use all the time you could then purchase the bigger bottle for a lesser per mg/ml price. That could be useful on many products so that you could test out more products to find which ones you like the best. I\'ve read about the 2 ml \"tester\" of The Edge that will be around soon, I think it is a great idea. I know I would be willing to pay a little higher price per unit of a product to get it in a smaller size to try it and see how I like it before buying a larger size of it. I realize that it may have more to do with being able to get those trial or smaller sizes from the manufacturer than it does anything else. Then there would also be that many more products to list for sale and to find a place to stock them where you store the products you already sale. If it is feasible to do it though, I think it would be helpful for those who haven\'t yet tried that product and for those that want to buy several products at once to make a cookbook mix but don\'t have the money to spend to buy the full size of those products.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-24-2002, 03:37 PM
Yeah, what he said.

Watcher
09-24-2002, 04:53 PM
I think the problem would be phil stone and the cost of manufacture and increased storage costs. You could do 4ml/4mg for say $50 that may be a reasonable comprimise.

DrSmellThis
09-24-2002, 11:24 PM
Of course I only use A1 as a steak sauce. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

CptKipling
09-25-2002, 02:51 AM
How about using the frequent buyers format again? Smaller sets inc. A1, no refund.

MaxiMog
09-25-2002, 05:58 AM
Yeah, that\'s actually what I thought was missing in the first place in the FBC: chem sets. A frequent buyer tends to do more experimenting rather than simply putting on one simple product, right? Nothing wrong with the idea of a FBC, but chem sets should be a part of it.

Bruce
09-25-2002, 07:30 AM
Maxi,
You are absolutely right. I don\'t know how I missed the kits. Just an oversite. Will fix it right now. Sorry about that.
Bruce

MaxiMog
09-25-2002, 07:44 AM
Oh, they were supposed to be part of it? Cool! Just thought that they weren\'t part of the FBC store as the chem sets are rather experimental as opposed to the regular products. Thanks Bruce!

Bruce
09-25-2002, 08:55 AM
OK, I added the chem set stuff.
The only things I intentionally left off were
NPA/men (we are running low)
The famous \"name\" brands (Yes, Lure, Realm). Almost no mark-up as it is.
SOE gel (not running low yet, but very hard to get more)

Bruce

MaxiMog
09-25-2002, 09:03 AM
You must really have lots of gel packets: every order gets accompanied by one or two free packets. Combine that with the popularity of SOE, ... If I\'m not mistaken future orders will get TE 2 ml samples right? Starting when?

I\'ll go check the FBC now. Thanks again

MaxiMog
09-25-2002, 09:12 AM
Perhaps it\'s just me, but I can\'t seem to find the chem set... I use the link in the topic where you first mentioned the FBC...

Bruce
09-25-2002, 09:33 AM
Maxi,
Hit your \"refresh\" button on your browser. You are viewing a cached version of the page.

Yes, I am dying to get those little babies (2 ml Edge) out and around. We will be stuffing orders with them just like the SOE gels. I was told they would be in the mail this week. Shipping is slow though.

Bruce

franki
09-25-2002, 09:34 AM
It is much easier to access the page via the announcements section!

MaxiMog
09-25-2002, 09:37 AM
Got it going now. Thanks!