PDA

View Full Version : Alter Ego

krtel
09-22-2002, 07:20 PM
Well, after doing some research, since I\'m young (16), looks like *nol and *rone have just become my friends. So as a result, I\'ve decided to get Alter Ego. I\'ve researched Alter Ego and it seems like a good buy. Though, since I just bought the beginner set special, it\'s gonna be a few weeks before I get AE. I would however, like to mix AE with The Edge or NPA. I looked at the cookbook and I didn\'t see any ratios for mixing NPA with AE or TE. Would the normal 7:3 be good? 7 AE: 3 TE or 7 AE : 3 NPA. Just wondering. Thanks!

- Krish

MaxiMog
09-22-2002, 11:52 PM
DON\'T overdo it!! Ithink AE is a good stand-alone product that really needs no mixing whatsoever. It contains the three major pheromones! If you really want to add some TE or NPA (assuming it\'s for the secret ingredients) then don\'t overdo it. Less is more!

Your mixing ratios are not all that good IMO, unless you\'re really going to apply little. Think about it: JB#1 contains APC and NPA in a 7:3 ratio. Most of us know that APC really contains almost no pheromones (about 6000 times less than APC I read somewhere), still they get good results with JB#1. Conclusion: the major goodness of it lies in the use of NPA. AE on the other hand, works pretty good as a stand-alone, so there no real need to mix NPA in it IMO. It\'s not: \"more pheros (in total) = more success\".

Id use AE as a stand-alone! TE and NPA are better for mixing. -nol and -rone have become you\'re friends? Why don\'t you get some SOE then? It\'s also very nice to mix SOE and NPA (DD#1).

**DONOTDELETE**
09-23-2002, 12:31 AM
Well, you could mix AE into APC, since AE\'s scent wears out pretty fast.

CptKipling
09-23-2002, 04:10 AM
You would be completely overloading AE\'s (old version anyway) scent at those ratios.

But yeah, Its a nice combo, I like 1 dab NPA covered with 5 drops AE, with maybe some SOE aswell.

krtel
09-23-2002, 11:28 AM
What is the major difference between the old AE and the new AE?
I thought it was just a new scent?

krtel
09-23-2002, 11:49 AM
Yeah, the only reason I wanted to mix it with NPA or TE was for the secret ingredients. You say don\'t over-do it, but what is a ratio you would suggest? Well I wanted AE because it also had *none in it and I\'ve seen people here on the forum happy w/ it. I am planning to use AE as standalone
at first, but then test it w/ the secret ingredients from NPA or TE. Just needed to know the ratio I can use w/out OD. Thanks.

- Krish

upsidedown
09-23-2002, 12:05 PM
I\'m not sure how well it would work with NPA mixed in. I\'ve tried it a couple of times, but didn\'t really notice anything special in the results.

But, I think with the new version, you could probably get away with 10 to 15% NPA. I wouldn\'t recommend it with the old scent as it\'s just not strong enough to really cover the NPA, at least in my opinion.

MaxiMog
09-23-2002, 12:08 PM
I haven\'t tried mixing AE and NPA yet, but when I add NPA to other products I always add it in about a 10:1 ration (so 10 whatever and 1 NPA). I don\'t really like the smell of NPA, and certainly don\'t want other people to be able to smell it on me.

I think (>5):1 AE: NPA is pretty reasonable. Wouldn\'t add more PPA to the AE than that. Just as a comparison: PAN (5:1 PPA:NPA / Jamboot\'s Magic bullet): PPA has (quite a lot) less pheros than AE, and even in that mix, I wouldn\'t add more NPA.

Currently I\'m using a Cool Water/AFA/NPA mix (12:3:1) which is quite good. Haven\'t paid that much attention to reactions, as I was not in the mood the time I wore it (for reasons not related to the pheros), but from what I could see, people tended to make eye more often contact, even though I didn\'t. AFA is really good IMO! Really stealthy -none! And that little bit of NPA adds some more phero ingredients.

MaxiMog
09-23-2002, 12:13 PM
There you have it: the NPA smell! NPA is good, if you can get past the smell, and the only way to do so is by adding LITTLE NPA. (It would probably be best to add LESS NPA then I mentioned in my previous post. 10:1 to 7:1 will be better)

Maybe you can try mixing NPA with you\'re cologne and wearing only that, to see whether the NPA itself gives you good results. If it does not, then there\'s even no need to mix it with AE at all.

DrSmellThis
09-23-2002, 12:15 PM
The point is ratio of one phero to another, not scent or OD. Those are cover scent issues.

So probably 3AE:1NPA, covered with sufficient SOE, would be take no prisoners buttrockin, as shown in the following illustration.

Watcher
09-23-2002, 12:32 PM
The only thing to mix AE with is SOE and then the following ratios.

6AE to 4 SOE

MaxiMog
09-23-2002, 01:57 PM
Krtel, if I were you, I\'d update my profile. Lots of people complaining lately about having to give advice without even knowing the gender and/or age of the person they\'re trying to help...

krtel
09-23-2002, 03:32 PM
Updated. Thank you! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

- Krish

CptKipling
09-24-2002, 04:22 AM
krtel: It is just the scent that is different, the old version cannot tollerate mixing with any unscented product.

DrSmell: One of my favourite mixes. 3:1 AE:NPA with about 5-7\" SOE.

DrSmellThis
09-24-2002, 04:40 AM
there ya go...