PDA

View Full Version : Frequent Buyers Club

Bruce
09-19-2002, 03:06 PM
http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum-club/frequent-buyers/ (\"http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum-club/frequent-buyers/\")

Well, there it is folks. It is open to anyone until October first, when I plan to have it password controled. Of course it would be pretty easy to get the password around here. :-), but theoretically the order wouldn\'t be valid if you weren\'t on the \"list\". Still not sure what you have to do to get on the list, but maybe an order every couple of months or something like that. I left NPA/men off because we are getting a little low on it again. Other items were intentionally left off for various reasons. The silver and gold atomizers we are getting now are a little lower quality than the ones we were selling before and are cheaper, so I brought the price down quite a bit for you folks. We have a lot of them. I can also add DI at a large discount if folks are interested. Let me know if there are any bloopers in there.

Bruce

StandingTall
09-19-2002, 07:35 PM
Bruce,

I\'m looking foward to the frequent buyers club. I did find one small problem though. The link for the Attraction-unscented adds Attraction-scented to the shopping basket. Otherwise, great stuff!

upsidedown
09-19-2002, 08:27 PM
In terms of getting on \"the list\" to be able to order, I wonder if there\'s any way to set up accounts that already have all of our billing and shipping information in it. Also, give every member on \"the list\" a uniqe username and password so that nobody will be tempted to give out the password. If they do give out their password information, it will end up going to whoever the password holder is, rather than the person trying to order off someone else\'s account.

Also, this way, you can update who is and is not on the list based on their current order history from time to time, and only add and remove individual users rather than constantly changing the password for everybody. That may take a lot of work on your end, and you may not have the software set up to be that sophisticated, but just thought I\'d throw in my two cents worth on how you could deal with it. I\'m sure others will probably chime in with their suggestions for the way they\'d set it up as well now that I\'ve gotten the ball rolling.

Bruce
09-19-2002, 08:50 PM
Tall,
Thanks. That was a wierd one. Took me a while to figure out what was causing that. The \"</form>\" was missing from the above item.
Bruce

Bruce
09-19-2002, 09:07 PM
Upsidedown,
That is a very good idea, then you could just give FBC people a built in discount. I think I would need a new gateway and definitely a new shopping cart. We are very low-tech. It would be pretty easy to add a new password to the email that goes out when the orders are shipped. That much is automated and could be changed every couple of months. So basically you could describe it like a 2 month pass to the FBC room with every purchase. That big \"FBC\" is splattered on every item ordered, so it would be pretty easy to flag down first-time orders with those items in there, but I don\'t think there would be any major problems. I\'m not really sure what would happen, but it is a starting point anyway.
Thanks for the input,
Bruce

upsidedown
09-19-2002, 09:17 PM
One other thought that hit me after writing my last post with suggestions. I know you said you\'re basically low-tech. However, if you had some way of tracking how long it\'s been since someone last ordered, you could send out an email to them telling them that they\'re about to lose their FBC status unliess they order something by a certain date. From a marketing standpoint, that might help prompt people to order something to keep their status a while longer resulting in a few more sales than you would otherwise get. Just a thought. I know a lot of times with things like this you ultimately just have to put something in place, and make modifications along the way until you have the thing humming along the way that works best.

frenchie
09-19-2002, 09:57 PM
Great idea, Bruce !

Frenchie

Bruce
09-19-2002, 10:50 PM
Good idea. Would have to write a new script for that, but sounds worth while.
Thanks,
Bruce

DrSmellThis
09-20-2002, 01:45 AM
Perhaps a formula based on $/time, to account for infrequent, but big orders.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-20-2002, 04:38 AM
I would really like to see some function whereby our information didn\'t have to be entered every time - at least the addresses. That would be nice.

Bruce
09-20-2002, 06:56 AM
Yeah, I hear you. All the big sites that I do regular business with have systems set up that hold on to your shipping info. I will look into it today and see what I can find out. For the time being the FBC is open to forum members.
Thanks,
bruce

EXIT63
09-20-2002, 10:57 AM
I concur. Something similar to the vtamin shoppe model. You don\'t have to reenter your info. And they keep track of your bonus points etc.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-20-2002, 12:40 PM
Great idea!!! Personally I\'ve never even considered sending a product back so I\'ll happily give up the money back guarantee for a discount.

Watcher
09-20-2002, 12:43 PM
Yeah and it works out cheaper as well im sure it will be used quite a bit - will probably increase sales if the marketing techniques from this thread are incorparated.

http://www.theentertainmentcompany.nl/divas/index-en.html (\"http://www.theentertainmentcompany.nl/divas/index-en.html\")