PDA

View Full Version : Mix Masters/Perfumers

**DONOTDELETE**
09-19-2002, 11:45 AM
If I were to buy essential oil that was potent at 2/3 drops, and mix it half and half with something like PI/w, potent at the same amount, would that work? or do you recommend diluting the whole 9 yards into some carrier.

Has anyone tried mixing a scent and a pheromone into an unscented lotion or hand cream? Is there any reason why that wouldn\'t work?

Thanks in advance for your help.

BassMan
09-19-2002, 11:59 AM
<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

Has anyone tried mixing a scent and a pheromone into an unscented lotion or hand cream? Is there any reason why that wouldn\'t work?

<hr></blockquote>Remember the massage lotion thread? It works just fine.

If I were to buy essential oil that was potent at 2/3 drops, and mix it half and half with something like PI/w, potent at the same amount, would that work? or do you recommend diluting the whole 9 yards into some carrier.

<hr></blockquote>The issue there is coverage. Some folks get good results with a high concentration of pheros/scent in one spot. Personally, I do better using more of a lower concentration mix and spreading it over more skin. See what works for you.

DrSmellThis
09-19-2002, 12:20 PM
The issue isn\'t dilution, it\'s mixability. 50/50 alcohol/water doesn\'t mix with essential oils unless the oil is diluted with grain alcohol.

Otherwise your plan sounds good. Make sure you have a base note in your mix to cover the mones.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-19-2002, 12:26 PM
Dr. Smell, I\'m entranced with the attar of roses thing you were talking about in another thread. Rose essence and sandalwood, no? The site I listed in the women\'s forum has what looks like beautiful pure essences, and unscented lotions, shampoos, conditioners, everything. I was thinking to make my own personal scent and lace all the products with that scent, and also put pheromones in the lotions. If I splurged on real rose, wonder how much sandalwood to mix with it?
Did you read the article on that site about oud? I remember you said you had ordered some. It sounds SO exotic and mesmerizing, wish it were also for women. Did yours ever come, and do you like it?

Bassman: I\'ve heard you talk about massage technique. I feel pretty sure you could rub a girl down with Crisco and she\'d be just as happy. I\'m not convinced it\'s the lotion that\'s working. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

DrSmellThis
09-19-2002, 12:34 PM
Oud is unisex. very powerful, woody with a strong top note, musky undertone; exotic.

Attar uses rosewater, not the oil, but you can make an approximation: 4 drops sandalwood to 1 rose.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-19-2002, 12:41 PM
This about oud:
Agarwood is an acquired taste, at least to Western sensibilities. Deep, rich, earthy and personal, its sweet yet sharp balsamic woodiness will enter you through all of the your senses. Beyond a pleasant smell, a drop of agarwood will softly invade your lungs, your mind, your body and spirit, taking total possession of you. You will smell that drop all day, he won\'t let you forget him, a constant reminder. The body heats, the heart expands, other scents retreat in the presence of oud. Oud is sexuality, passion, ecstasy and love. Oud is wild, he is primitive, he is the ancientness, holiness and sensuality of the world and all of its history. He is compelling, in a way that satisfies the Japanese obsession with subtlety and refinement, and has gripped the hearts and souls of the people of the Arabian Gulf. The appreciation of agarwood in the rest of the world runs sporadically like veins of resin through a piece of wood. It has always been a part of the French Perfume floracopia. One of the legends of the east has an agarwood cutting being the only plant Adam was allowed to take from the Garden of Eden.
Agarwood is an aphrodisiac, both in oil form, and as incense.
The oil of oud is a diaphoretic; it will make you sweat, and beyond that, will connect you with something of the spirit world. It is important to note that there is no research done on this oil. We have access only to our own experiences. Oud symbolizes and calls forth that which connects us to the ancient, to the roots and soul of the earth, to the Garden of Eden and the Hand of God, to the timelessness of the spirit and the vibration of the ethereal world, to the basis of our primal selves and the completeness of existence.

WOW.
Would it go with rose and sandalwood?

Whitehall
09-19-2002, 01:12 PM
Gang,

I\'ve been looking for some oud since I first read about. Where do I get this magic stuff at? How are we to combine it with our pheromone products?

**DONOTDELETE**
09-19-2002, 01:31 PM
www.enfleurage.comI haven\'t bought anything from them but I\'m really impressed with their website and plan to. Have a look and tell me what you think. That\'s where the above about agarwood (oud) came from - and they have pictures and an article about the distillery in Laos they buy theirs from and how it\'s pure. But start getting out your wallet now, \'cause it\'s gonna have to come ALL the way out of your pocket, yo...Although -- $125 to walk in the garden of Eden holding the hand of God doesn\'t sound too bad to me, actually.

BassMan
09-19-2002, 05:48 PM

Bassman: I\'ve heard you talk about massage technique. I feel pretty sure you could rub a girl down with Crisco and she\'d be just as happy. I\'m not convinced it\'s the lotion that\'s working.

<hr></blockquote>ok.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-19-2002, 05:50 PM
Fine, if you\'re gonna talk my head off all night, jeez.

DrSmellThis
09-19-2002, 10:13 PM
Been experimenting with oud. It mixes with sandalwood well, as it\'s a very different note, but is a bit of a bucking bronco in strength. It begs for dilution. It does smell old, like a shipping crate from some dock in your mind. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif There is a certain camphor note to it. (one-2 drops per bottle kind of thing) I got lucky to find it from a friend who split it with me, as it\'s rare and ridiculously expensive. I\'m sure it\'s available on the web.

Loved the description.

BassMan
09-20-2002, 05:40 AM

Fine, if you\'re gonna talk my head off all night, jeez.

<hr></blockquote>Whoops. That\'s what I get for not reading my own post. There was more than \"ok\" /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

In addition to my own \"experiments\", there was somebody who routinely mixed pheros (Rogue Male?) with an unscented lotion. Check the archives.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-20-2002, 05:41 AM
Oh, thanks, I will. (I thought you were being awfully quiet!)

MaxiMog
09-24-2002, 04:31 AM
EXREMELY EXPENSIVE, oud is... $121 for 20 drops? And I thought Jasmine and rose were expensive...

MaxiMog
09-24-2002, 04:34 AM
I mean, I\'m interested, but it\'s just way too much! The most expensive one I have now is sandalwood ($11 for 5 ml) which is plenty IMO. I don\'t think the good stuff about oud can easily justify the price...

DrSmellThis
09-24-2002, 04:37 AM
keep looking -- too much!

DrSmellThis
09-24-2002, 11:50 PM
Look for the Oud calypso oil. I think it also has a pheromone in it, and is reasonably priced.

<a target=\"_blank\" href=http://www.skinbiology.com/skin-pheromones.html>http://www.skinbiology.com/skin-pheromones.html</a>