PDA

View Full Version : Realm vs. APC - Bang for the Buck

oscar
08-07-2001, 04:31 PM
I came across some VERY interesting information while in pursuit of Pheromone knowledge on the web.

I\'ve been a longtime user and big fan of Erox\'s Realm cologne for years.It has a great scent and has never dissappointed me in terms of it\'s Pheromonal effectiveness.

Now, I\'ve long had the feeling that Realm is regarded (at least by many in this forum) as the French\'s Mustard of Pheromone Products,....lightweight stuff!

Check this out! On two seperate sites,one of which ostensibly owned by none other than Primal Instinct,appeared graphs illustrating the concentration of Pheromones in major products.

While Primal topped the chart on it\'s own site at .05% by weight,second place was a tie.(another site confirmed this).
At .005% Pheromone content by weight were both APC and REALM! Hell,I\'d always thought APC was one of the high-test products compared to my beloved Realm.

Allright,so neither one is exactly jet fuel compared to Primal,let\'s compare the two \"midweights\" for price.

Realm at $49.95 for 1.7 ozs. comes in at $29.38 per oz.
APC at $29.95 for a HALF oz. comes in at MORE THAN TWICE THE PRICE OF REALM.

APC better smell REALLY good if I\'m ever going to be persuaded to buy it! How does it smell? Please let me know.

By the way,I didn\'t find anybody whose prices beat Bruce\'s.Some were the same but who knows what level of service they provide. We\'re so spoiled!

But then,just because something looks good on paper doesn\'t mean it is. Hell,on paper,shit looks like chocolate!

Oscar
images/icons/wink.gif

a.k.a.
08-08-2001, 09:08 AM
Thanks for pointing that out. I never bothered to do the math.
Do you use the male Realm or the female Realm? Which one has the same amount of androstenone as APC?

PS I\'ve seen the APC scent described as similar to CK1 and similar to bathroom deodorizers in pricey hotels. I\'d say it\'s somewhere in between. Not as full as CK1, not as sharp as bathroom deodoriser. Kind of woodsy with a hint of citrus. I wouldn\'t buy it for the scent alone, but it\'s very practical. Conservative enough to wear to work and fresh enough to wear to the dojo.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-08-2001, 11:10 AM
Hey,
I got my half bottle of APC the other day. I\'ll tell you this it smells very very very good almost as a Half Ounce of Cologne. Wearing it around I feel it has no effect on anybody at all. Personally if you want the effect I\'d say get the Smelly Primal Instinct I mean with .5 pheromone content compared to .005 in APC you\'d have to use the whole bottle to get the same effect. Hope this helps. images/icons/laugh.gif

oscar
08-09-2001, 03:04 PM
aka

I use the Realm for men,and,No I can\'t be sure if that\'s the one that was tested for the comparison chart on the Primal site and I guess you know why.

For those who don\'t know,Realm was marketed as a \"feelgood\" cologne for the WEARER.

Back when you could access the Erox website, (the last time I tried I couldn\'t even find it,) there was a Q&A page on which Dr. Berliner,Erox\'s founder,staunchly denied that he was marketing an Aphrodisiac, but was in fact producing a cologne which gave the wearer a feeling of well-being and confidence.(This Q&A page disappeared from the site even before the site went away.)

I\'ll admit that when I wear Realm I feel good.Is that because it smells so good, OR is it because there\'s Pheromones in there that would be of better use on m\'Lady\'s neck?

I\'ve gotten hits with just Realm,so I guess there must be something in there that is appealing to women,but maybe it\'s just the great fragrance.

But if you take Dr. Berliner at his word, you would logically assume that the Realm for men might actually ATTRACT men! and that the converse would be true as well!The packaging lists only \"Human Pheromones\" in the ingredients,so no help there.

This WOULD lead one to believe that the Realm listed on Primal\'s chart (which does say that it is ranking products by ANDROSTENONE content) may have been Realm for women!

The other comparison chart I found ranked the products by \"Pheromone content\",so again, lack of specificity leaves us in the dark.

By the way,EDDY,the numbers on the charts had Primal at .05% and Realm and APC at .005% so Primal is only TEN times stronger than the other two,not a hundred times stronger.Still,even at this ratio,compared to Primal,APC wouldn\'t be a bargain unless you could get it for seven bucks! (Okay I\'m not taking the actual Quantity into consideration.)You do the math,I just got my AE in the mail!!and I\'m off to TROLLUPPALOOZA!!!

I LOVE IT that AE tells you right on the label what\'s in it and how much!KUDOS STONE LABS!!!!! We should DEMAND the same of ALL Pheromone manufacturers!!!!WE\'RE doing THEIR field-testing at OUR expense!! AT LEAST they should tell us WHAT PHEROMONES we\'re dealing with even if they kept the quantities,ratios,and \"secret ingredients\" to themselves.
Will someone second the motion?

images/icons/wink.gif Oscar

**DONOTDELETE**
08-09-2001, 06:28 PM
I\'ve found that a good combo for me is Realm with PI. I like the smell of Realm a little bit better than Attraction and it seems to get more notice when I mix PI with Realm.

a.k.a.
08-10-2001, 07:53 AM
Oscar,
I’ll second that motion.
Good point about the field testing. Some day there’ll be designer, timed release pheromones for every occasion (dates, orgies, job interviews, bar fights...) and nobody will acknowledge our role in it. You’ll be telling your kids about back in the day when pheromones smelled like kitty pee and they’ll think you have Alzheimer\'s. I’ll be in some run-down old folks home, with the same bottle of PI I bought back in ‘99, trying to get the nurses to sniff my crotch... There ought to be some museum, or maybe a series of stamps, to commemorate our efforts.