PDA

View Full Version : how long does it take...

frenchie
09-09-2002, 06:27 AM
Hi everyone,
I have one question : how long does it take for a phero to have an effect on people ?
I usually put them about 1-2 hours before I have a dinner or something, and products like AE+PCC or PIw+PCC do have a real effect on me in quite a short time - but I\'m wondering about the others.
Has anyone tested what could the optimum for reactions to pheros ?

Thanks
Frenchie

Irish
09-09-2002, 09:46 AM
I recall reading a study by McClintock reporting psychological effects within minutes of inhaling pheros. Others studies reported brain activation and physiological effects (heartrate, respiration, skin electrical conductivity, etc.) almost immediately after inhalation. In my experience women seem to notice my pheros immediatedly (sometimes an immediate comment \'You smell good\'), and then I notice the classic signs of attraction very soon after (staring, fooling with their hair, nervous conversation, touching,etc.). I think pheros have an effect almost immediately, much like ordinary smells.

Whitehall
09-09-2002, 10:05 AM
One might apply pheromones ahead of time to allow for skin bacteria, cover scent dispersion, etc.

However, the effects on the targets are just about immediate, as Mr. Irish noted. Sometimes a target will take their time in confirming and integrating the stimulus and in finally showing a response but they feel it right away.

Irish
09-09-2002, 10:26 AM
Thanks - I see now I totally missed the point of the question.

Before I go out I like about a half hour of lag time if I spray on the pheros. Dabbing them on I don\'t care so much.

I carry refreshers of my cologne and my pheros, usually diluted to half strength in ethanol. That way if I must refresh during the evening it isn\'t obvious or overwhelming.

If you treat pheros like perfume/cologne you\'ll be alright - don\'t apply too much right before your \'encounters\'.

DrSmellThis
09-09-2002, 01:35 PM
I suspect they might peak about 2 1/2 half hours later for me.

Lag time depends on product amount.

Guys here say 1 hour -- sounds pretty good.

If you keep to minute amounts, however, I don\'t think lag time is absolutely necessary.

DrSmellThis
09-09-2002, 01:36 PM
I suspect they might peak about 2 1/2 half hours later for me.

Lag time depends on product amount.

Guys here say 1 hour -- sounds pretty good.

If you keep to minute amounts, however, I don\'t think lag time is absolutely necessary. Effects on targets are immediate.

CptKipling
09-09-2002, 01:40 PM
I always allow for a certain lag time ( 1 hour, as the Doc perscribed), as I have the suspision that it leads to interesting by-products of the pheros.

Watcher
09-09-2002, 05:28 PM
Well i would say immediatley however after application on skin the bacteria breaks the pheros down into more interesting. I would say optimum resutls occour 2-3 hours after application. I have tested the optimum time and the reactions are best after that 2-3 hour time frame. You are on track about applying 1-2 hours before going to dinner that sounds good.

http://www.chez.com/kristalisator/ (\"http://www.chez.com/kristalisator/\") Another great 2 U fansite for visitors to visit and sign the forum and the petition to get 2 Unlimited back together.

SwingerMD
09-09-2002, 07:54 PM
For me I usually wait 1 hour after putting on RM or PI/m. For SOE the positive results happen immediately after putting them on.

frenchie
09-09-2002, 11:00 PM
hi
1-2 hours is also a practical lag time : it\'s just how long it takes to go to Paris by car, and it\'s ok because it allows the effects on me to pass away a little (I must say I feel really kind of in a \"love and peace\" mood).
Someone in a post was speaking of putting a mix on in the morning and noticing the first effects after lunch.
The effects on oneself could be another debate...

Maybe there\'s a difference between the different products, as well as for the length of the effects - I read 3-4 hours in some posts.

I think this is important because of the OD risk.

Any other answer welcome !

Frenchie

CptKipling
09-10-2002, 06:20 AM
Yeah SOE does give an instant \"hit\", in the sense that you get the reactions that you will get in the next 3 hours, after that (depending on where you applied it) you start to get some evolution.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-10-2002, 10:51 AM
SOE is instant, PCC takes about 1/2 an hour, and PI/w is good after maybe an hour, better after two, has peaked after about 4 - that\'s my experience so far.