PDA

View Full Version : AXE Deodorant / Body Spray

**DONOTDELETE**
09-08-2002, 06:45 PM
Anyone used this stuff yet? After watching the commercials I decided to sniff test all of em at wal-mart and settled on the phoenix scent. I\'m thinking these things might be a cheap and good smelling way to cover up npa or pi. I ran outta npa (more is on the way already) so I\'m gonna try this stuff tomorrow with 6 drops of ppa (original coconut version). I\'m not sure how the scents will counteract each other but I just have a feeling that the scent of the axe might make the women start sniffing harder and they will then pickup on more mones. It just seems to me that they can\'t possibly be all that attracted to the coconut / vanilla thing. I will report back with any results tomorrow.

xxxPantero
09-08-2002, 08:24 PM
yeah man i was wondering what that axe effect thing is...
maybe a deodorant with pheros?

now that would be cool... all the pheros and no sweat

yee ha!

CptKipling
09-09-2002, 06:59 AM
Please explain AXE. What is it?

Lee
09-09-2002, 07:10 AM
AXE deodorant spray is like any other spray. There is no pheros in it. The commercial they have may look like it has some kind of phero effect, but this is really called \"marketing\".

**DONOTDELETE**
09-09-2002, 07:10 AM
Sounds a bit like lynx deoderant we have here in the UK. Maybe its been rebranded for sale in the states. It has been sold here for years with advertising proclaiming the \"lynx effect\", my brother uses the Pheonix fragranced version and it smells nice, but there is no mention of pheromones, not in the comercials or the ingredients. Anyway, i thought deoderants were meant to kill off pheromones? I\'m sure i read something about it in previous posts.

Grimnim

CptKipling
09-09-2002, 07:23 AM
grimnim,

Thats just what I was thinking. Lynx is ok, but its pure advertising. Essential oils and colognes smell much nicer, and get many more \"Ohh, hug me again, you smell sooo good!\" /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Deoderants are bad for pheros, covering them with this AXE and you\'re burning money.

I use antipesperant under arms, but not for smell value, and only when I\'m expecting to do some sport or something.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-09-2002, 07:29 AM
This is slightly off topic, but i\'ve read somewhere that anit-perspirants block your lymph system and have some mild, but negative side effects as a result. If anyone could explain/confirm/refute this, i\'d be interested to hear.

Grimnim

DrSmellThis
09-09-2002, 01:54 PM
I haven\'t worn deodorants or antiperspirants for years, except for essential oils, which I wear every day.

My pits almost never stink. Women say they smell yummy.

Andy
09-09-2002, 04:10 PM
AXE is a really old (like 14 years or even more) brand in Germany. They are just trying to sting into the US market. It\'s a cheap deodorant and they made commercials like this since the beginning.

franki
09-09-2002, 04:14 PM
Do you agree that the so-called \"Axe-effect\" that they show/proclaim in their commercials, is similar to how women react to pheromones? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Watcher
09-09-2002, 04:39 PM
That effect advertising would be called lynx effect or \"lynx\" deodorants here in australia. That is similar to how women \"may\" react to pheromones lol.

http://www.anitadoth.com/guestbook.html (\"http://www.anitadoth.com/guestbook.html\")

Watcher
09-09-2002, 04:59 PM
ALthough if you are applying pheros on youre shirt or head / neck region then a nice smelling deordorant spray (in hot weather can reduce the sweat response of the body and keep the phero effect good). Some deordorants can complement the scent of some of the phero products cover scents.

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/singerUnid/4FF5252C5C9F5F1D48256831000D4F71 (\"http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/singerUnid/4FF5252C5C9F5F1D48256831000D4F71\") background story on 2 unlimited.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-09-2002, 08:19 PM
my intent was to use it for the scent. I never really cared about the axe effect, lynx effect, and i didnt think it had pheros in it. I just really thought it smelled like a top end cologne for cheap, and seriously it lasts long. It lasts like way longer then a regular cologne. I sprayed this stuff on my pits, chest, and neck as per the directions. I then applied 6 total drops of coconut / vanilla ppa/m (1 dab on back of each ear, 4 drops on wrists, elbows, inner elbows). I then covered that with half of an soe gel pack. Then I went to work as usual. I got lots of smiles and good mornings from all the ladies and this one girl imparticular that i have interest in started going on and on about her whole weekend and about how she took a stand at target against the guy in electronics who was taking too long to get the shrek video game that her son wanted out of the cabinet. She kept talking to me excessively and pretty much stayed in that playful flirting thing where we start teasing each other about everything. It really was a kodak moment. I think I\'m going to use this mix again tomorrow. The next day I\'m gonna go for axe and some jb#2.

Andy
09-10-2002, 01:51 AM
Something must be wrong with your nose /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

AXE smells to me like a cheap deodorant ... that does even his job (preventing or overlaying your bodyodor) not very good. Plus, as soon as the people in the us start to know AXE, they\'ll know that you are using a cheap deodorant *g*. There is no possible comparison to a nicely craftet top notch cologne.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-10-2002, 11:37 AM
Ha, thats great Franki. I saw the commercial late last night during Conan O\'Brien or something and I was like, \"this could be a commercial for NPA!\" Although I haven\'t had a woman attack me on an elevator yet, maybe when I get the new PPA....

**DONOTDELETE**
09-10-2002, 12:43 PM
Hi stygian,

I used AXE\'s Phoenix in the past too; maybe two or more revisions came out since everybody has negative comments about it, but the one I used lasted a long time and when worn in junction with JB#2 it gave out a really good smell. I tried this combo last summer, but in the end I found better hits with cologne (Heaven Chopard) spiking. Anyway Phoenix contains no pheromones at all, despite the clever marketing /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Watcher
09-10-2002, 12:52 PM
Yeah clever marketing is usually responsible for all scams. Now what we need is good marketing for love-scent with products that actually work.

www.anitadoth.com (\"http://www.anitadoth.com\")

DrSmellThis
09-11-2002, 03:16 AM
Everybody knows that none of these products work.

/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

CptKipling
09-11-2002, 03:24 AM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

real_wiseman
09-19-2002, 09:36 AM
Hi guys (girls?)
I have read the whole thread of the AXE/Lynx discussion. (Btw, AXE and Lynx *is* the same product, made by Lever-Faberge http://www.leverfaberge.co.uk/2002/brands/lynx.html). (\"http://www.leverfaberge.co.uk/2002/brands/lynx.html).\")
I have used AXE (that what the product is called in Sweden) on and off for a couple of years. Recently I tried their \"new formula\", with the AXE Africa and guys, I can almost swear that they have put some pheros in it...

Why?
I am glad I asked!
Directly after applying/spraying AXE Africa the \"background-smell\" is almost the same as for TE. I could be wrong on this of course (and probably are!), but the smells are suspiciously equal.

Have any of you tried the \"new-formula\" AXE Africa?

// Real Wiseman

CptKipling
09-19-2002, 11:04 AM
Lynx Africa has been out for ages, but if you mean there is a new version of it, no, I haven\'t tried it.

TE scented or unscented, by the way?

real_wiseman
09-20-2002, 01:44 AM
I know. I have tried the \"old\" version too and it\'s been around for quite some time. This bottle I have now says \"New Formula\" and the manufacturer has changed the locking mechanism so there is no \"cap\" just a sort of thumblock to prevent the spray from accidentely \"discharging\".

As far as I can tell the formula is indeed changed, there is a underlying scent that I at best can compare to *unscented TE* being applied, which I don\'t think were in the \"old formula\" (whatever that means...)

Maybe I am smelling things that isn\'t there, who knows, and that is why I trust you guys (girls?) to help me out. <evil grin>

Regards,
W