PDA

View Full Version : Pheros in advertising

**DONOTDELETE**
09-06-2002, 10:20 PM
Hello All,

I plan to do somewhat of a test of the various phero products via a mailing that I do periodically for one of my businesses. The basic idea is to divide flyers into groups by zip code (approx. 2000). We have approx. 20 zip codes. I plan to test each product as well as a few mixes. I would be happy take suggestions for additional mixes. If you want to suggest a mix, please include your rationale on why you think it would be successful. I have done several of these mailings and I consistently get 1% response (w/o pheros). The business in an I/T services company. The application will be done with a modified check imaging machine, which sprays the pheros instead of the ink normally put on the MICR line.

Here is a list of the products we have to work with:

Phero Kit
SOE Roll/Gel
TE
PI
RM
Andro 4.2
NPA
APC
AE
PCC
P10

Thanks,
sigipa

upsidedown
09-07-2002, 07:01 AM
sigipa,

Have you tested any of these products on paper yet? I hardly consider myself an expert, but I would think that the products with any kind of oil in them would leave stains on the paper. I would think that you would need to go with an alcohol-based product, as it would dry undetectable on the paper.

So, you might want to try them first to weed out those that leave a stain.

With that said, I did a little testing on paper with RM and AFA. Neither of them left a stain, and surprisingly enough the RM scent wasn\'t even detectable on the paper the next day. I don\'t know if only the scent went away, or if the pheromones went away as well.

Anyway, I did my testing to use some pheromones on a resume for a job I was applying for. In the end I ended up using AFA. I know this isn\'t one of the products that you said you have to work with. However, I would suggest you consider it. AFA is essentially Stone Labs\' version of NPA. It\'s an additive product that you\'re supposed to add to your own fragrance. It is essentially scentless, and so would be undetectable on the paper. But, AFA contains equal amounts of -none and -nol in it. So, with this product you\'re getting the top two pheromones in one application. I think it\'s worth a try.

BTW, I don\'t know how AFA worked on my resume because the selection committee is still reviewing all the resumes. So, I don\'t know yet if the AFA did anything for me. But, my resume is such a small test that it\'s impossible to know just how much difference it will make. However, you\'re in a perfect position to really do some serious research here. Please share your results with us in the end.

DrSmellThis
09-07-2002, 03:33 PM
I\'ve sprayed Edge on paper. If you\'re careful it won\'t stain.

Watcher
09-08-2002, 11:55 AM
The alcohol products are best. I dont use anything else.

Here is my list for mailing and paper.

Andro 4.2
Attraction (unscented and scented)
The edge.