PDA

View Full Version : Dope on a rope

bills
09-04-2002, 07:52 PM
While looking through my dresser drawer for something else, I came across a medallion attached to a plain braided rope.
It is to be worn around the neck - say with a black t shirt and sportcoat for instance. Remembering the posts about \"the strap\", I soaked the rope in PPA and let it dry. I had planned to wear it to a large get together last night, but it was cancelled at the last minute. I won\'t have the opportunity to test it now for several days. I have put it in a baggie hoping it will keep until then. Does anyone know if it will still be potent when I take it out to try? Or will the bacteria have taken it\'s toll? I figured the medallion itself would make a great conversation piece and a focal point towards the pheros.

DrSmellThis
09-05-2002, 12:21 PM
tee hee.

bills
09-05-2002, 10:24 PM
tee hee???

DrSmellThis
09-06-2002, 11:56 AM
I love everyone\'s latest and greatest \"scams\" /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Watcher
09-06-2002, 12:44 PM
And the latest and greatest scams usually end up getting everyone thats a sucker before someone smart picks up on it and lets the cat out of the bag.

bills
09-06-2002, 01:02 PM
What scam? I just told what I was trying for fun and asked a question about if it would keep a few days. I am not selling anything or promoting anything. Did I do something wrong ? or is it that I am not part of the \"Forum clique\", so am not allowed to post?

Watcher
09-06-2002, 01:06 PM
Not at all sorry, i didnt read the original post i was just responding to drsmellthis post. No keep posting for sure this stuff is the biggest scam ever except oh wait it works oh well. No no the scam is all the ripoff APC products floating around. Nothing but lolly water there. Not even pure APC.

With the PPA you can use that stuff quite heavily as well.

Watcher
09-06-2002, 01:07 PM
I think he just meant the idea of the rope thing but it sounds as good as the necklace with beads containing pheros should work as long as you use cotton or wool or another natural fibre. Better to absorb the pheros.

www.anitadoth.com (\"http://www.anitadoth.com\")

bills
09-06-2002, 01:26 PM
Thank you, Watcher,
Appreciate the info. Just thought it might be fun to try. Will be going to a big wedding reception (informal) where I know very few people and thought it might be a good test. I haven\'t decided yet whether or not this is 9/10 psychological.
I remember a srory about a nursery man who claimed he had a high nutrient compound that would guarantee success with any shrub he sold you. It was a green liquid that would require one small drop in a bucket of water to be poured on the shrub every day. His shrubs always flourished. It was many years later that he confessed that the compound was just food coloring, but it was a great way to get people to water their shrubs every day after they planted them.
I sometimes wonder if the wearing of pheros make us flourish in the same way.

oscar
09-06-2002, 05:52 PM
bills,

Very cool idea!
Going a step further (on a time line, anyway) there are hemp fiber necklaces being sold now that kids are snatching up like mad. They range from simple three strand braids, to intricate inch-wide patterns. One of my daughters can actually make these herself.
Presumably the hemp fiber would be absorbant, and you wouldn\'t need a polyester leisure suit to complete the effect. (Though I understand that these TOO are regaining popularity in retro clothing shops.)
Fits the \"Dope on a Rope\" theme well too!

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif