PDA

View Full Version : Rival scent

**DONOTDELETE**
09-03-2002, 01:25 PM
I just went outside for a minute and a co-worker was standing outside who said to me, \"You\'re here because I willed you here, did you know that?\" I said no, I thought I was just coming down to get some air, why did you will me to you? She asked if I would give her a neck/shoulder rub (I am known to on request) so I did, and asked her what was bugging her, and she said one of the paralegals had been standing at her desk and was wearing a very penetrating scent that made my co-worker nauseated and headachy and grouchy, and that she was standing outside to try to get the smell out of her nose because her desk was \"polluted\" now with the chemical smell of the paralegal\'s perfume, and the longer she had to sit there and smell it, the more tense she got. She had pain just above and below vertebra T7, between 6-7 and 7-8, and was holding tension in her shoulders and neck. She got really agitated about it, it provoked her extremely that this girl\'s smell was all over her space.

That\'s exactly how I reacted to PCC the first time I put it on. Isn\'t that strange?

Whitehall
09-03-2002, 01:42 PM
I\'ve also seen this reaction to fragrance aldehydes as in Chanel #5. Some women, especially, react to those chemicals in perfumes. My SO will get grouchy sometimes walking down the street saying \"There\'s that smell!\"

It could have been the copulins but I bet it was a reaction to a synthetic fragrance. Of course, PCC surely has synthetics in it as part of the cover fragrance.

upsidedown
09-03-2002, 02:00 PM
Interesting that this woman was bothered by the strong scent of this paralegal\'s perfume, and yet she hasn\'t had any problem with your PCC. I guess there\'s no accounting for how different people react to different smells. I suppose this is why not all pheromone products work consistently on everybody you meet.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-03-2002, 02:54 PM
You can\'t smell PCC on me, the second after it dries down, it\'s gone. I have had more affection from female friends at work - spontaneous \"I just love you\'s\" etc. The reactions have not been bad.

I think it has to do with territory as well as physical reaction to certain chemicals in perfumes. Knowing by Estee Lauder makes me really ill, but it\'s also true that one reason I hate it is that it lingers, and whenever my best girlfriend is at my house I have to lysol down everything she touched and wash my face after I kiss her cheek goodbye - the stuff REEKS. I think my co-worker was upset that her territory was invaded by someone else\'s smell. Does that sound right?

**DONOTDELETE**
09-03-2002, 03:55 PM
Sounds about right to me. When someone leaves, usually you don\'t want to be forcefully reminded about them for a long while after they were around. Especially if they are someone who brings work, bad news or coffee with too much sugar.

It really doesn\'t matter if you like the scent or not. I have a few that I love but sometimes one of them reminds me of someone I don\'t like and for that brief moment I try to get away from the scent.