PDA

View Full Version : Alright to refrigerate?

Lee
09-01-2002, 10:46 PM
It\'s pretty warm in my house. Is it alright to refrigerate my \'mones? Or does that damage it?

CptKipling
09-02-2002, 01:45 AM
Nope, refigeration is fine. Its actually a better way of storing them.

Whitehall
09-02-2002, 11:37 AM
Makes a lot of sense to refrigerate but I wouldn\'t go so far as to freeze - that may cause irreversible separation. However, I\'ve never tried so that warning is just speculation.

MaxiMog
09-02-2002, 01:31 PM
I have a little box normally used for keeping soda cans cold that I use to store my pheros. Works good for me! Very refreshing, to say the least.

Watcher
09-02-2002, 03:21 PM
It makes sense to at least keep them cool, but ive noticed that no bad effects are noted in heat up 40C apparently anything above 58C will start to degrade them but thats just speculation- they would be very refreshing i wonder if you could enhance them that way by keeping them cool.

Please sign the petition on this website http://www.chez.com/kristalisator/ (\"http://www.chez.com/kristalisator/\")
So all you anaymous lurkers that view this page go sign up for me they only need 10000 signatures. I want 2 Unlimited to reform.

DaVinciKittie
06-18-2003, 08:51 PM
Alright, I\'m bumping up this thread instead of starting a new one...

When I first got PI/w I put it in the refirgerator with the rest of my pheros, and when I opened it up the next morning... yep, you guessed it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It was solid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I didn\'t get the chance to try it out before I froze it, but I have not seen any results with it so far. I\'ve tried 2 and 3 drops with no visible reactions whatsoever, but I just thought maybe I was ODing it. I\'m going to try 1 drop and see how that goes. But I was thinking that maybe the chemical structure was altered when it solidified. Chemistry is not one of my strong suits, so I was wondering if any of you might have some input on this?

Andy
06-18-2003, 09:20 PM
It should be still ok. Pheromones are simple molecules that shouldn\'t be damaged this way. At least not during the freezing process itself, dunno if they react to something during this process.

SwingerMD
06-18-2003, 09:31 PM
DaVinciKittie,

I agree with Andy. The only way you can have a chemical change is if you burn the pheros (i.e. toss them into an open fire). The only suggestion that I can think of is that you shake/mix the bottle very well before you use it (the pheros and carrier oil could have separated when you froze it).

DaVinciKittie
06-18-2003, 10:34 PM
Thanks guys. That\'s good to hear. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bundyburger
06-19-2003, 03:48 AM
Just curious. Was it the freezer section or the fridge section?? I\'ve never put mine in any of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DaVinciKittie
06-19-2003, 03:04 PM
It was the fridge. I have one of those little box-like personal refrigerators, so the freezer is essentially part of the fridge anyway. In any case, it wasn\'t in the freezer section. I play around with different oils too, and I noticed that Jojoba also solidifies in the refrigerator. Just for kicks I measured the temp in there and it\'s around 42 F.

Andy
06-19-2003, 03:38 PM
I hope you don\'t do this to cold pressed precious oils.

DaVinciKittie
06-19-2003, 03:41 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I hope you don\'t do this to cold pressed precious oils.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

What is this, pick on DVK day?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Let\'s give me a little bit of credit, k? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Andy
06-19-2003, 03:50 PM
No no ... it\'s only because you could do some harm to your oils, unlike the pheros.

DaVinciKittie
06-19-2003, 05:05 PM
Thanks Andy. I appreciate your concern. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BassMan
06-20-2003, 08:57 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Alright, I\'m bumping up this thread instead of starting a new one...

When I first got PI/w I put it in the refirgerator with the rest of my pheros, and when I opened it up the next morning... yep, you guessed it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It was solid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I didn\'t get the chance to try it out before I froze it, but I have not seen any results with it so far. I\'ve tried 2 and 3 drops with no visible reactions whatsoever, but I just thought maybe I was ODing it. I\'m going to try 1 drop and see how that goes. But I was thinking that maybe the chemical structure was altered when it solidified. Chemistry is not one of my strong suits, so I was wondering if any of you might have some input on this?

You didn\'t freeze it at 42F. PI/w is in an oil base. Some oils solidify at fairly high temps. It should be fine when it melts.

amorolor
06-20-2003, 09:12 AM
(the pheros and carrier oil could have separated when you froze it).

This brings up A point I\'d been wondering about. Without freezing them do they seperate at all? Should they be lightly shaken before using if they\'ve been sitting for A while?

SwingerMD
06-20-2003, 09:15 AM
I always give a good shake to a bottle of pheros before I put them on, especially the mixes that I make.

amorolor
06-20-2003, 09:34 AM
Good to know. I\'ll start doing the same to mine and see if the results are any different.