PDA

View Full Version : Video to VCD and DVD

Tom
08-31-2002, 05:17 AM
VCD and DVD

Regarding the Video, I think it is better if Bruce convert it to VCD format AND (Not OR) DVD.
Because:
1. The size is much smaller ( so the shipping cost will be low.)
2. In many country VCD is very popular, but now Video player not anymore.
3. The production cost is very low starting from $0.1- $1
(Bruce, you can produce it using CDRW drive)
4. More easy to store and it last longer.
and many more.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-31-2002, 02:31 PM
I\'m right behind you on this. VCDs are the BOMB too. They play in most newer DVD players. All you need is a Mac G4 a deck to convert the analog tape to DV and some software or take it to a professional converter. The eMac all ready has a DV burner in it. I might get one soon myself.

-The Bat

**DONOTDELETE**
08-31-2002, 02:49 PM
Yes, VCDs are much handier than DVD. More than that, they can be easily played on almost every platform in this world (I heard that the PSX2 can\'t handle them, but that\'s a minor issue). VCD and DVD release is the best option, but if we have to pick up one, I\'d pick VCD\'s.

jamesdeanmartin
08-31-2002, 03:12 PM
Guys I\'m really lost on where this subject is coming from.

Anyway VCDs are OK, but they generally take two, three of even four CDs to cover a movie or film. And their quality is actually below VHS level. I think DVDs are far superior, they can store a ton more information, much better quality videoqise, and second-to-none performance audio-wise.

JDM

**DONOTDELETE**
08-31-2002, 03:21 PM
I\'m down with the DVD, personally. They\'re easy to make, and media is not too rediculously expensive. (JDM already outlined the other advantages.) Ah, but then again, that\'s why I\'m the technologist.. I know where to get the goods cheap, and I happen to have my own DVD burner /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Tom
08-31-2002, 04:51 PM
If we are using Super VCD format/SVCD the quality is not much different compared to VHS. but still many VCD player and DVD player can play it.
One VCD can store up to one hour movie, why we need two CD, anyway if we need two it still very cheap and light.
and the production price is very cheap /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif.

Problem with DVD, not many people yet have DVD player

upsidedown
08-31-2002, 04:55 PM
JDM,

I think this subject is coming from the talk about having the Pherocon Conference recorded for sale to those who couldn\'t go. I think the subject probably should have been posted over on that board.

Reagardless of the pros or cons of DVD...and I know that not everybody has a DVD player.....but there is still always good old-fashioned VHS tape for those who don\'t have DVD players.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-31-2002, 05:27 PM
I\'m sorry ... what? Couldn\'t hear you, I was in the other room dusting off my 8 track ...

Gerund
09-02-2002, 12:10 PM
Bonding with FTR about 8-tracks, and reminiscing about Creedence Clearwater Revival~ /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
09-02-2002, 02:53 PM
What\'s all this talk about digital BVD\'s? -- Emily Latella My father\'s expression of complete bewilderment on hearing the song, \"Bad Moon Rising,\" when he turned to me and said \"What are they singing about? What\'s a baboon icing? Why\'s he say there\'s a bathroom on the right? What the hell kind of song is that??\"Creedence also makes me think about Viet Nam and writing letters to an uncle and cousin who were stationed there.Those were the days, huh? :-)********Put the thing on tape, whatever else you do. I don\'t feel like buy yet another appliance...