PDA

View Full Version : Links to member email thru their names don't work

**DONOTDELETE**
08-24-2002, 02:20 PM
In any place where I click on the member\'s name to send them an email, I get an error message. Often I can retrieve a private email they\'ve sent me and hit reply to it in order to send a new note, but it takes more time...I think something\'s gone awry.

Bruce
08-24-2002, 06:51 PM
Hi,
I don\'t have any problem like that. If I see a members name anywhere and click on it, I get their profile. Then at the bottom of that is a link \"Send this member a private message\" or something like that. If I click that I get the form for sending the PM.

Anybody else having problems sending a PM?

Cheers,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
08-25-2002, 08:41 AM
Last night I chased Swinger all through the forum trying to get info from him for something he asked me, and I clicked his name, got his profile, clicked Send PM, and got an error message. Finally made a new forum post and headlined it, he pm\'d me, and we could talk. The only way I\'m able to pm is to return a message that was sent to me. It could just be this crappy \"internet appliance\" I\'m using.

Bruce
08-25-2002, 09:25 AM
Red,
I was beginning to think maybe Swinger had his PM box switched off, which makes it impossible to send someone a PM, but I just sent him a test PM and it seems to have gone through.

If you get any more error messages, you can email them to me with a quick click right when they happen and I can take a closer look. I can also log in thru your account if you want and see what I find.

Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
08-25-2002, 09:54 AM
Thanks for that, I\'ll keep you posted.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-29-2002, 08:12 AM
Bruce, I just tried to PM Irish by clicking on his name and got this, which is what I get most of the time I try to PM someone I haven\'t previously written to.

UBBThreads Pheromone Reference Material Infopop Corporation.

Main Index | Search | My Home | Who\'s Online | FAQ | Logout | User List

We cannot proceed.

We encountered a problem. The reason reported was:

All of the required fields are not filled in.

This is not necessarily an error. If you feel this is an error then it could be something as simple as your browser not being set to accept cookies. If you feel this error is a problem with the server then please contact forum@love-scent.com (\"forum@love-scent.com\") and let us know what exactly went wrong so it can be fixed as soon as possible. Otherwise, please use your back button to return to the previous page.

Contact Us Love Scent Home Page

UBB.threads™ 5.5.1

I\'m on my computer at work so it\'s not the fault of the appliance.

Thanks for any help...
R

Bruce
08-29-2002, 09:21 AM
OK, I got it figured out now.
You didn\'t put anything in the \"subject\" field (box). I just tried to send a message that way and had the same reaction from the system. That explains why you are able to reply to the PMs of others; the subject box is already filled in.

Try again, making sure to put something in both the subject and message boxes.

Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
08-29-2002, 09:25 AM
OH! So easy!

Thank you.

Bruce
08-29-2002, 11:17 AM
no problemo
B