PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible that they just don't work for ME?

**DONOTDELETE**
08-24-2002, 01:36 PM
I\'ve been trying different combos of PI/w, PCC, APC, IR, and I am not noticing anything that could be interpreted as \"hits\". Is is possible that pheros just don\'t work for me? Is there something else, some other product I should try?

I joined an area gym today that has a lot more men than my current gym - that should be a decent testing ground. But shouldn\'t I have seen some result by now with what I have?

Thanks!

Heidi

**DONOTDELETE**
08-24-2002, 01:44 PM
Try SOE with PCC. Worked for me.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-24-2002, 01:52 PM
heh...i always reply to these posts....You arent the only one that questions these products sometimes. i would have experiences with a girl and i would be thinking whats going on here?....Is it the pheromones or is it me......To this day im not even sure if they actually do work. Just wondering....did you approach anyone?....Wait a minute....you are a girl arent you?...Nevermind.....To tell you the truth if you are a girl the effects should be more obvious. There have been scientific tests to show that they work. And there was a unscientific test using a twins study by ABC. They showed that a girl wearing pheromones was approached close to 3 times as much than her twin sister at a singles bar. The male twins didnt recieve any attention whether they were wearing pheromones or not....I suggest you try a different environment....By the way how much was the registration and monthly fee for the health club you go to?...Im trying to get into one but they cost an arm and a leg...

**DONOTDELETE**
08-24-2002, 02:03 PM
$29.99 per month, nothing down, 1 year contract. Much bigger club, more men, 5-7 min from my house.

My current club, which is at work, is $24.99/month, nothing down, no contract, 10 feet from my desk.

Heidi

**DONOTDELETE**
08-24-2002, 02:08 PM
Can\'t try SOE just now, since...I forgot the sample was in the padded envelope and I...threw...it...out...

Ugh!

Thanks for the \'scope, BTW - I always find that the Aquarius stuff is dead on for me. I seem to be the definitive Aquarian.

Heidi

sophie
08-24-2002, 04:57 PM
Here is a tip I picked up from the \"guys\" here and it goes for women too. Try to look approachable and friendly, and not standoffish or unattainable. Now keep in mind I don\'t know you or your normal facial expression so maybe this is not the problem anyway. But I have practiced this and it is really true.

If I go around with kind of a secret smile on my face, and meet others\' gaze with my eyes smiling too, they are very responsive to me. If I go around trying to look soulful and sexy, I end up looking stunned and silly, but that is just me LOL!!!

your experience may not be relevant to this at all, but my advice is to try to consciously look and act approachable and friendly if you\'re not already.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-24-2002, 05:07 PM
Heidi, if you\'re on the prowl, have you tried the internet? Many of the men are married and lying about it, but if you just want to have a little fun, you can be a kid in a candy store, there are scads and hoards of them to choose from. Also possible to meet men for LTR, too, you just have to know how to weed them out. This works well for me because I communicate better in writing than in speaking, where I just tend to listen or keep turning the conversation back to them. If you\'ve exchanged a few emails and pictures, sometimes you\'re more comfortable when meeting, since you\'ve already estsablished some rapport and are not starting from scratch to find commonalities. I close completely up in public places and don\'t do worth a damn unless someone seeks me out. Usually take one of my mouthy outgoing girlfriends along if I must go. Got any mouthy outgoing girlfriends to break the ice for you? (if that is indeed part of the problem) Just a thought.

EXIT63
08-24-2002, 05:27 PM
So, will you be picking me up at the train station?

**DONOTDELETE**
08-24-2002, 05:31 PM
lol Nope, I\'m sending Heidi. Girl\'s a knockout. :-) She don\'t need no steeenkin\' pheromones...

**DONOTDELETE**
08-25-2002, 03:31 AM
Thanks, Sophie -

I must admit, I am not a \"smiley\" person. The general consensus (without taking a formal one) is that I am very attractive. Now that I have lost 70 lbs, I\'m told consistently that now that I have \"got it\" I should \"flaunt it\". However, as an overweight teenager, I decided that I didn\'t like my smile. So unfortunately, I am not in the \"habit\" of smiling. Bad, I know. I don\'t really know how to correct that.

Also, I am currently reading a book on flirting; doesn\'t come naturally for me, so I need instruction. Spend your life 70 lbs overweight, and see how much YOU know about flirting, or smiling, for that matter! :-)

Heidi

**DONOTDELETE**
08-25-2002, 03:58 AM
I have signed up for a few internet dating sites. (Udate, etc.) What I am getting a lot of is married men wanting to fool around on the side. Why they pick me, when my goals as listed are \"LTR/marriage\" is beyond me.

I hang around the U2 parts of the net almost exclusively, and it seems to me that I am more likely to find a compatible man there. Besides, if a man cannot at least TOLERATE U2\'s music, I really have no use for him. :-)

Heidi

EXIT63
08-25-2002, 03:59 AM
WE LOVE YOU HEIDI ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
We really do. We love you. We love you. We love you
Smile. Come on. Smile. Come on. You can do it. Smile.

Now. Repeat after me.
GUYS DIG ME
They really do. Ya know why? Cause I am so FUCKIN HOT. That\'s why.
I AM THE TOTAL PACKAGE
So Smart. So Beautiful. So Wonderful, and So Incredibly Sexy.

I could go on for hours but I think you get the general idea.
Repeat daily.
PS. Have I told you today how lovable you are?

**DONOTDELETE**
08-25-2002, 04:06 AM
Exit, thank you - I am going to print this out and put it on a mirror, where I can be reminded to repeat it to myself! :-)

I do believe in affirmations.

You\'re very sweet!

Heidi <---- so FUCKIN\' HOT!! (LOL!!)

EXIT63
08-25-2002, 04:10 AM
I\'m there for you Babe.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-25-2002, 06:11 AM
Heidi, what don\'t you like about your smile?

**DONOTDELETE**
08-25-2002, 07:44 AM
Heidi - I asked about your smile because I\'m self-conscious about mine, too. It\'s amazing what modern dentistry can do. I fell out of a tree when I was 8 (tomboy) and chipped a front tooth - the dentist at the time smoothed the edge, but it always bothered me. Last year I mentioned it to my current dentist and she was able in about 10 minutes to give me perfect teeth, using some kind of bonding porcelain. My smile\'s still shy and I\'ll never be a big toothy smiler, but at least I know there\'s nothing wrong there, and that helps.Do you think it would be helpful, since you\'re just sort of getting your feet in the water, to not focus on result and just date as many men as you can and do some field work before declaring yourself headed for LTR/marriage? IX-NAY on married men who respond to an ad targeted at an LTR or marriage. They\'re purely out for conquest and they will hurt you -- that\'s a guaranteed pick you up and throw you down situation. Why not try to get as many hits as you can and practice your social skills for awhile until you feel like you\'ve got your feet on the ground?I\'m proud of you for working on yourself and putting yourself out there. Takes real guts. You\'re a real woman.All respect,FTRNote to EXIT: Vive la rive gauche xoxoxo

**DONOTDELETE**
08-25-2002, 08:52 AM
It\'s not that I feel there is anything physically wrong with my smile. I did my time with braces, and I like those Crest white strips for keeping my teeth brighter. I just decided at some point as a misguided teenager that I looked better not smiling than I did smiling. It wasn\'t because of any outside prompting, just something a teenager (who knows EVERYTHING, of course - especially an Aquarian teenager) decides.

I don\'t have any problem with just dating a lot, before declaring myself ready for marriage; I would welcome the experience and the practice. I just put that as my intent in hopes of weeding out the \"just sex\" guys. I have a very high sex drive, and I would rather not have to find the strength to fight off these guys, should I decide that fighting them off is SO not what I want to do. I do want to avoid getting stomped on, and married men are NOT an option, so I thought that being straight about my intentions on these dating sites would be best. But I still get the married guys wanting to screw around on wifey. <sigh!>

Thank you, it does take guts; sometimes I wonder where my strength comes from! :-)

Heidi

EXIT63
08-25-2002, 09:27 AM
Thank you, it does take guts; sometimes I wonder where my strength comes from! :-)

It comes from within.

FTRNote to EXIT: Vive la rive gauche xoxoxo

Translation?

**DONOTDELETE**
08-25-2002, 09:31 AM
EXIT - the Rive Gauche is an area of Paris - translated, means The Left Bank - an allusion to your new signature - I hear you, kisses, thanks.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-25-2002, 09:35 AM
High sex drive is a huge problem. How \'bout this? Put another ad on, in addition to your \"looking for an LTR\" ad, that just says you want to make new friends and have a little fun. Out of that you could find yourself a f*ck buddy to take the edge off while you search for Mr.Right. This can work really well as long as you\'re both straight with one another. Keeps you from flinging yourself at whoever just because the heat\'s on, and then getting all entangled and wishing to god you hadn\'t. Whatever you decide, best of luck and we\'re all cheering for you.

EXIT63
08-25-2002, 09:46 AM
Thanks sweetie, I sort of understood the rive part, just didn\'t understand the gauche.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-25-2002, 10:18 AM
Heidi, you\'ve got a couple of overlapping astrological influences going on. Short-term is 13 Aug - 19 Sept, a time of creativity, joy, and a real need to joyfully experience being who you are. Great time for lighthearted fun and creative activities. Beginning last March 24 and ending Jan 17, 2003, you have the most \"ready to fall in love\" aspect there is and the world should be looking beautiful to you right now. You could have a hard crush during this period. However, 8 Aug throug 15 May you have a squelching aspect that makes it feel like you\'re working uphill, experiencing obstacles and frustration to your goals. Any setbacks you have at this time are not permanent. This period is a testing time for yourself and your ambitions. So persevere, keep the faith.