PDA

View Full Version : Ive just had a look at whos online (lurkers x 25)

Watcher
08-20-2002, 06:34 PM
Heck this site gets some traffic if all the lurkers at least registered and put up some posts this forum would boom so common you anaymous types sign up take a forum name and lets us know who are you. 5 members vs 25 lurkers indicates a hell of a lot of interest in this forum he he im famous not.

Watcher
08-20-2002, 06:37 PM
Another benefit is that if you order by mail you also receive a 15% discount if you are a forum club member and also post regularly so that would save some money if people would just put their 2 cents in more often.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-20-2002, 09:58 PM
I totally agree.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-20-2002, 10:07 PM
But what if your only lurking because you dont have anything worthwhile to say? I mean really, hell, I dont say much because it is so technical around here so much. Based on your height, age, parts of this and of that from a chemistry set, weird oils from the saddlebags of Juan Valdez\'s goat on and on.

Myke

bills
08-21-2002, 04:45 AM
\"But what if your only lurking because you dont have anything worthwhile to say?\"
That hasn\'t stopped a lot of people lately. You have to dig through a lot of .... to find the good stuff. As you get to know the members better, you\'ll be able to determine who is worthwhile to read and who is not. 50 to 85 or more posts every time I bring this forum up is too much. Especially when so many are multi-paged. (12, 13, 14 pages).
I wonder if it would be possible to break up forums into age or situation groups? One for the high school kids, One for college and early - mid 20\'s and one for the rest of us. I can\'t tell you how sick I am of reading someone referring to girls in their late twenties or early thirties as \"older women\".
There is a lot of great stuff here. Just learn to filter out the ones who are only interested in getting from stranger to Phero Dude as quickly as possible.

jose
08-21-2002, 05:40 AM
I have to agree too much technobabble in most of these posts, a new person coming on here wouldn\'t understand what the hell is everyone talking about. I avoid those topics like the plague and try to help the new guys out that have questions.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-21-2002, 07:26 AM
i agree with \"bills\" splitting the forum into age groups would be brilliant, as im also sick of reading posts that are aimed for you oldies /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Watcher
08-21-2002, 12:26 PM
Well the splitting of the womens forum is good. I guess the next extension of that would be 30- and say 30-50 and 50-70. But then youd get people who would complain that there were too many forums - ie i want information but i have to jump all around to get it. A brilliant and fantastic idea but would have its drawbacks also. I just respond to any posts with as much info as i can.

All the activity tends to generate the new ideas that help improve the products.

www.ebetonline.com.au (\"http://www.ebetonline.com.au\")

EXIT63
08-21-2002, 12:51 PM
Does anonymous mean an unregistered user, or a registeted user who chooses to remain anonymous? Or am I confusing that with invisible?

Watcher
08-21-2002, 03:06 PM
Lurkers people just visiting the site briefly or those that watch the forum for information - they are probably love-scent customers but are unregistered and are just watching the boards. Unregistered and invisible sorry didnt mean to confuse anyone.

proteus
08-21-2002, 06:02 PM
well like with all things this board tends to be kinda cliquesh with oftentimes good posts/questions from newbies going unanswered or few responses then numerous responses to other posters no matter how inane - is it a good or bad thing I dunno. That\'s life, but I could care less and post anyway when I feel like it but most times I lurk as regardless there\'s a lot of useful info here.