PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic: Best Music for making it

jamesdeanmartin
08-20-2002, 12:46 PM
I\'m working on a mix CD to keep handy to play when I have a girl over to my place and I\'m looking for suggestions on songs to use that may put that \"thought\" into her mind. I\'m not looking per se for the totally overt sexuality of some artists, something more along the lines of Dave Matthews \"Say Goodbye\" or John Mayer\'s \"Your Body is a Wonderland\"

Any ideas?

camusflage
08-20-2002, 12:55 PM
It takes you only one cd? Maybe I should hurry up... ;^)

Personally, I like classical and jazz. Holst\'s \"The Planets\" and Rachmaninoff\'s Concerto No. 2 seem pretty popular. On the jazz front, I usually go with Miles Davis\' \"Some Kind of Blue\", though Medeski Martin & Wood are a good choice for the more eccentric women.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-20-2002, 01:13 PM
nothing says i love you more than marilyn manson /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Whitehall
08-20-2002, 01:42 PM
For a good source of female opinion, check out Nerve.com\'s personals. The ads ask specifically for music that puts one \"in the mood.\" The women\'s answers are especially illuminating.

For me, I have a CD called \"Rasa\" or something like that. It\'s basically Westernize Indian music - sitars, drums, etc. Very hypnotic and a good rhythm.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-20-2002, 02:14 PM
Joe Satriani \"Flying In A Blue Dream\"

EXIT63
08-20-2002, 04:37 PM
Pink Floyd
Mudmen - Obscured by Clouds 1972
A Pillow of Winds- Meddle 1971
The Great Gig in the Sky, Us and Them, Any Colour You Like- Dark Side of the Moon 1973

Led Zeppelin
The Rain Song- Houses of the Holy 1973
Tangerine- Led Zeppelin 3 1970
I\'m Gonna Crawl- In Through the Out Door 1979

Yes
Turn of the Century- Going for the One 1977
Heart of the Sunrise- Fragile 1972

Love Unlimited Orchestra
Loves Theme 197?

Santana
Europa- Moonflower 1977

The Cure
Love Song- Disintegration 1989

The list goes on and on
Oh yeah, anything by Estero

**DONOTDELETE**
08-20-2002, 05:28 PM
This is a really good list!

EXIT63
08-20-2002, 05:40 PM
Ofcourse Babe,
I Don\'t Fool Around.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-20-2002, 05:43 PM
For real!

**DONOTDELETE**
08-20-2002, 11:49 PM
To all:

What\'s up everyone? I\'m a pianist and harpsichordist, when ever I play \"Moonlight Sonata\" by Beethoven for a female on the piano, they melt. lol For those who have never heard it, it\'s very mellow, the first parts are slow but steady, dark, romantic, and I guess \"mysterious\" but towards the end, it gets fast and complicated. Also, \"Air on the G string\" by Bach is also very romantic sounding. However, I don\'t think either are good to listen to while doing the dirty deed.....unless you want to fall asleep. But if you want to strike up romance that will lead to something better, check it out. No, I am not for hire, I will not come to you to play the piano for you and your girl or vice versa. LOL

**DONOTDELETE**
08-21-2002, 03:11 AM
\"Moonlight Sonata\" is one of my all-time favorites! If someone played that for me, I would melt too. A cop who plays Beethoven...mmmm....I love a man in uniform! :-)

Heidi

**DONOTDELETE**
08-21-2002, 07:45 AM
Anything slow by Sara McLachlan. Trust me here!

**DONOTDELETE**
08-21-2002, 07:52 AM
I didn\'t know a guy would even sit still for one cut off a S Mc cd - good on you, that\'s a brilliant choice.

jamesdeanmartin
08-21-2002, 09:21 AM
Hey, I\'m actually a huge Sarah fan, even went to Lilith Fair. I guess that isn\'t very alpha male. Oh well. I had sex with my girlfriend in the men\'s room during the show though, does that make up for it?

hmmm

JDM

**DONOTDELETE**
08-21-2002, 09:27 AM
Plenty Alpha enough for me, yo. :-)

DrSmellThis
08-21-2002, 12:25 PM
I\'ve had sex with an embarrasing number of women while listening to Peter Gabriel\'s \"Passion.\" -- Ironic, perhaps, that it was the soundtrack to the \"Last Temptation of Christ.\"

Icebreaker
08-21-2002, 12:29 PM
Just about anything by Depeche Mode.

EXIT63
08-21-2002, 12:46 PM
Definitely Sarah Mclaughlin, Fumbling Toward Ecstacy.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-21-2002, 01:17 PM
Actually...
Music is nice for preliminaries and getting comfortable and having a drink, whatever, and for relaxing together afterwards. For the nitty gritty, I don\'t like it. A rhythm change will throw me right off my groove. Rather make my own music.

Watcher
08-21-2002, 04:09 PM
So you recon kill the music once the action is underway.

www.ebetonline.com.au (\"http://www.ebetonline.com.au\")

**DONOTDELETE**
08-21-2002, 04:13 PM
For me, yeah. I always turn it off. Otherwise I have to keep starting all over again.

jamesdeanmartin
08-21-2002, 04:47 PM
I agree. What I\'m looking for though is music to set the initial mood.

JDM

**DONOTDELETE**
08-21-2002, 10:06 PM
FTR:

You\'re a musician? What instrument(s) do you play? I play the piano and harpsichord, I\'ve always been drawn to keyboard played instruments since I was a child, and as I got older I learned more about them and their versitility. In 1997 I bought a new acoustic vertical piano, and started to play. As for the harpsichord, don\'t have one, but the electronic keyboard sounds just as good. lol

**DONOTDELETE**
08-21-2002, 10:10 PM
HD65:

I\'m single. LOL

**DONOTDELETE**
08-21-2002, 10:19 PM
I\'m very musical, used to play guitar and piano and sing, but I don\'t much anymore.I was being a little facetious. By \"making music\" I meant lovemaking sounds.Do you love Bach? I only ever played the two part inventions but I love to listen to the more complicated pieces.

HB_88
08-21-2002, 10:59 PM
Brian Eno\'s Music For Airports; J.S. Bach; Tori Amos; Porcupine Tree; Pink Floyd; Mike Oldfield\'s Tubular Bells 2; Fripp And Eno\'s Evening Star; almost anything with a Celtic harp. Paul McCartney\'s tracks \"Junk\" and \"Singalong Junk.\" Granted, this one is anecdotal. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

HB_88

**DONOTDELETE**
08-21-2002, 11:05 PM
AC/DC\'s \"Let Me Put My Love Into You\"

does the trick everytime.

SwingerMD
08-22-2002, 07:13 PM
Music to set the initial mood . . . hmm . . . let\'s see . . . . First I\'d start out with fun and loose to get her relaxed and jumpin\'. Something from Louis Prima, Cab Calloway, or a fun 50\'s tune would be in order:
\"Are You Hep to the Jive\" Cab Calloway
\"A Chicken Ain\'t Nothin\' but a Bird\" Cab Calloway
\"Just a Gigolo-I aint\' Got Nobody\" Louis Prima
\"Hey, Boy! Hey, Girl!\" Louis Prima
\"Rock Around the Clock\" Bill Haley & His Comets
\"Rockin\' Robin\" Bobby Day

Follow that with some fast stuff if she can keep up:
\"Traffic Jam\" Artie Shaw
\"Harlem Congo\" Chick Webb
\"Rigamarole\" Hal Mooney

And then some slow stuff to finish the night off:
\"When We Dance\" Bill Elliot
\"Beyond the Sea\" Bobby Darin
\"Dim, Dim the Lights\" Bill Haley & His Comets
etc . . .

. . . .Hey! What\'d ya\'ll expect. Some heavy metal, head bangin\' music . . . /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif .

BassMan
08-22-2002, 07:56 PM
Swinger,

Cab Calloway. Yum.

SwingerMD
08-22-2002, 11:02 PM
That\'s another good idea if dancin\' isn\'t your/her thing (It should be though /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif ). I took piano for about 14 years and I have played at two of my cousins\' weddings and at one of my friends. Some of my favs:

\"The Moment\" Kenny G
\"(Everything I Do) I do it For You\" Bryan Adams
\"Love Theme From St. Elmo\'s Fire\" David Foster
\"The Lady in Red\" Chris DeBurgh
\"Music Box Dancer\" Frank Mills
\"Somewhere Out There\" James Horner
\"Forrest Gump -Main Title (Feather Theme)\" Alan Silverstri
\"Lara\'s Theme From Doctor Zhivago\" Maurice Jarre

One more piece of advice. Bad playing and singing (or both) are a big turn off. First pratice the piece of music until you can play with it entirely with your eyes closed. Then play around with it and put your own feelings and emotions into the piece until the music is yours. Only then you will be ready for a live performance.

Oh, I just thought of one more piece of music that you can dance to, that is if you Tango.

\"Por Una Cabeza\" by Carlos Gardel and Alfredo Le Pera

This is the Tango from \"Scent of a Woman\" and \"True Lies\".