PDA

View Full Version : Software Suggestion for Database:

Tom
08-16-2002, 05:01 AM
I think database is considered the most useful part of the software, so it needs more better function.
Add user data: (one time input)
Name:
Weight:
Nationality:
Main Target: Asian, Eropean, American, Middle east, Etc.

Add option to input/select : (for each trial)
1. Phero used
2. Where applied: behind ear, wrist, chest, chest and wrist, hair, cloth, etc
3. How much: x dab/spray
4. Situation: Party, Office, club, Bus/train, School, Cinema, Store, home, Gym, Dating.
5. Time: morning, day time, evening, night time,
6. Target: below 18, 18-22, 22-28, 28-35, 35-45, 45 and up
7. Result: (Positif result)+ 100, 75, 50, 25, 0 (no Result), -25, -50, -75 -100 (Negative result)
8. Number of target: 1, 2-5, 5-10, 10-50, many
9. Distance to target: less than 1 meter, 1-2 meter, 2-5 meter, 5-15 meter, 15 meter or more.
10. Reaction: Touching, come and talk/active, DIHL, Hair Flirting, Gigling, talk active, say nice smell, No reaction, say bad smell, go away .
11. Notes:
Etc

And after that we can Multiple sort the trial data by that catagory.
So we can define 1st sort by x, second sort by Y, third sort by Z, and next.
So we can easily study which is the best for us.

And it is good if we can save this to a file (Excel/Access), and also can submit it to the forum. so we can discuss it.

abductor
08-17-2002, 12:02 PM
I logged all your suggestion. I found it very cool. I will work to implant this.

Tom
08-17-2002, 10:16 PM
Thanks abductor

And for every column, we can choose to sort it up and down
(increment/decrement).

So basically we need more function so we can study better, such as Custom graph, so we can include some data/catagory to the graph to analize it.
and we can set some points as reference , example maximum value, or positive value/result, etc, so we can see it more better if it is in different color.

Tom
08-19-2002, 09:47 AM
Hello Abductor,

How is the progress ?, do you have estimated time when new version will available ?
and how about the idea to submit our testing data ?
maybe we must ask Bruce about this, if possible submit directly to love-scent data base on

server, or ask Bruce to provide one email to collect the data. so we can share the testing data more efficient and faster to analize it.

and
What do you think Bruce ?

Watcher
08-19-2002, 12:54 PM
Keep us updated when the next version is in guys. This is looking very cool if it works good. Could be of opportunity for a lot of newbies bruce could add it as a link. Im looking forward to testing it out.

Logged out lol.

http://www.pshollow.freeservers.com/photo.html (\"http://www.pshollow.freeservers.com/photo.html\")
www.anitadoth.com (\"http://www.anitadoth.com\")
www.ecorp.com.au (\"http://www.ecorp.com.au\")

abductor
08-19-2002, 03:31 PM
Hi Tom,

When you ask for a programmer when the software will be done..use this formula: \"programmer\'s answer\" x \"5\" = true answer. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif just kidding ..

Now speaking serious: I developed the tables (MDB tables) with the information that you send to me. The first step is develop the database project. If you have the MS-Access installed in your computer, please give-me your e-mail then I can send MDB for you! then I intend to convert for Mysql format. I have access to a remote sql server. Then we can share the data with everybody.

PS-When you look at tables-fields keep this question in mind: \"which information type we wants to recover from database?\"

Watcher
08-19-2002, 03:40 PM
Id prefer for this reliase if good programming was put in to strengthen existing features and to at least make sure that the new features are debugged. Because quite a few people would use it id say. Im not quite sure if you should make the general code available to everyone but thats really a personal decision. Freeware or just provide the calculator.

Tom
08-19-2002, 10:33 PM
Hi Abductor

Thanks
Before that please add
At 4. Situation: Party, Office, Club/Disco, Bus/Train, School, Cinema, Store, home, Gym, Dating > ADD Restaurant, Mall and Bed.
At 10. Reaction: ADD asking go to bed/have sex, asking to go somewhere, Touching, come and talk/active, DIHL, Hair Flirting, Gigling, talk active, say nice smell, No reaction, say bad smell, go away
ADD 11. Action we do: just waiting, Looking at, smiling, Talk/asking something, Touching, etc
ADD 12. How long we are contact/near with target (at that time): Less than 2 minutes, 2-10 minutes, 10-30 minutes, 30 minutes-1 hour, 1-4 hours, 4 hours or more, almost every day (example: in office, school).

I think if every body here have no objections, let all data available or user can define it which one they want.

abductor
08-20-2002, 07:57 AM
Hi Tom,
I tried to order to e-mail that you supplied and take this answer from server: \"Action: Failed; Status: 5.1.3 bla bla\"
Perhaps because I have digital signed, well I will try send again.

Well,
I created the tables:
user_login => authenticates user in the system
user_info => the user\'s information
user_data => store data of phero use

and tables:
main_target, phero_used, reaction, situation_applied,
time_applied, type_applied, where_applied
it was projected to the ComboBox Controls, because if we intended to recover global statistics data from server the data must be previously format, Exemple: When I use the SQL-sentence (\"SELECT phero_used FROM
user_data WHERE = \"SOE\") to know how many users use SOE I cannot have in the fields-data things like or S O E because this contaminates the research since some registrations won\'t be recognized (SOE <> S O E)

I think the software basically can work like this:
1 - You fill the form
2 - The software connects and stores it in the server
3 - You can insert/edit only your data (after login and password)
4 - You can read-only global-data.
5 - Generates global statistics

Tom
08-20-2002, 09:03 AM
Thanks Abductor,

Please try to send me again using alternative email.
Please set it so we can have all the record locally, and we can input it and save it in offline condition, and later we also can study it (see the graph, data, etc in offline mode).
But we also can submit it to server to collect and analize it in the server, so we can share the data with others.
and we can see global data, graph, ETC. (which is stored in the server)
and compared with our result/data.

Other comment later, after seeing the beta/alpha maybe

Tom
08-20-2002, 09:25 AM
Some comment
I think the software basically can work like this:
1 - You fill the form
2a - The software save the data in local database
2b - The software connects and stores it in the server
3a - We can edit local data, and save it locally, and later we can synchronize it with data stored in the server.
3b - You can insert/edit only your data (after login and password)
4a - You can read-only global-data.
4b - And we also can read our own data, also can compare between Global data and our own data.
5 - Generates global statistics
6. Generates our statistic.

About the definition I agree with you, this is including the result,

actions ETC. We also must sort it. example
response we can sort it from
1. Asking to go to bed/have sex (which is considered the highest hit from list)
2. Asking to go to somewhere, which more private
3. touching
and next.
til Go Away

so we can sort all of this later to study it.