PDA

View Full Version : JB#1 mix substitutions

**DONOTDELETE**
08-09-2002, 07:10 AM
I dont have APC, but I have NPA, since APC\'s -none concentration is extremely low, can I just substitute cologne for the APC and still get the same results? Which colognes smell like APC?
Thanks!

Track0714
08-09-2002, 07:21 AM
Cool Water is close to APC. I am not sure what ratio to use.
I think the theory for some here is that the secret ingredients in NPA are reacting with some of the ingredients in APC, so you may be able to replicate the smell using Cool Water, but not be able to duplicate the secret ingredient reaction.

Irish
08-09-2002, 08:28 AM
Sure, just use your favorite cologne at the same ratio as JB1. You\'ll have a little less none in the mix, but NPA has plenty of kick on its own.

For me the biggest issue with NPA is covering the smell and staying power, so the NPA doesn\'t start to peek through as the night wears on.. I find NPA blends well with mossy notes in fougere colognes like Cool Water and Eternity.

I love those type of colognes but sometimes I like a less-complex fragrance, esp. in the summer. For the simpler/cleaner fragrances it\'s important for them to be strong enough to cover NPA, since they may not blend as well with the NPA scent. I like Givenchy Pour Homme as a clean strong fragrance, but I go easy with NPA even with it. Oddly enough, Dior Higher seems to mask NPA ok, but it\'s so weak it doesn\'t last as a cover. A pity, cause Higher is one of my favorites when not wearing pheros.

For a smoky/woody cologne I like Minotaure, out of production now but still available on the web.

Any number of colognes should work for you - I\'d start with what I already had and experiment till I found a decent blended smell and sufficient staying power to suit you.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-09-2002, 08:43 AM
APC has secret ingredients? I thought that the point of using APC was for its smell. But thanks

**DONOTDELETE**
08-09-2002, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the advice BTW you should post this in the \"Colognes that women love\" thread

**DONOTDELETE**
08-09-2002, 08:16 PM
\"I dont have APC, but I have NPA, since APC\'s -none concentration is extremely low, can I just substitute cologne for the APC and still get the same results? Which colognes smell like APC?
Thanks! \"
-Theseus

If you\'re new to \'mones then you probably have a bottle of SPMO at home. There\'s your out. If not get some. It\'s only $7.00. NPA in cologne doesn\'t have the same effect as NPA in a Phero mix. Atleast it hasn\'t with me.

-The Bat

Bernard
05-22-2003, 10:51 PM
nothing important