PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bruce!!

**DONOTDELETE**
08-06-2002, 10:24 PM
I noticed that if you check the Who\'s Online screen there are A LOT of unregistered users, to get an idea of how many people have seen this forum, can the software get thier IP address so we can see the number of unique viewers.

Bruce
08-06-2002, 10:58 PM
The IP addresses are posted but only admins and moderators can see them. All unregistered users listed in that area have unique IP addresses, that is how they are identified to the system.
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
08-07-2002, 06:40 AM
Then can you just count how many different IP addresses you see

Bruce
08-07-2002, 07:13 AM
Yes, but that is the same as the number of unregistered users. What you see is what you get. If you see 5 unregistered users listed, then that\'s how many there are, no? They all have their own IP address. You just can\'t see what it is.
Bruce

BassMan
08-07-2002, 09:27 AM
I think what he\'s looking for is a total of how many unregistered users have used the forum over time.

Bruce
08-07-2002, 02:16 PM
Oh!
I just had a look at that \"user stats\" in the admin area. There doesn\'t seem to be any recorded information about \"guests\". You can see live info in the \"who\'s online\" area and then it is lost.
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
08-07-2002, 02:25 PM
Yeah, thats what I meant, you could also make a cookie, and have your server count how many it distributes. Its not important, i was just curious as to how many people know about pheros.