PDA

View Full Version : SOE...worked, but stinks!

**DONOTDELETE**
08-02-2002, 06:50 PM
Hey guys,
I tried SOE on my girlfriend to see if she would react to it. I got out of the shower and put on a gel pack of SOE. She approached me and was like...wow what do you have on, you smell great, and was all over me. I was thinking to myself, wow this stuff really works! But a few minutes later SOE began stinking....like a strong urine smell! I couldn\'t take it, I washed my arms/wrists, but the smell remained. I practically took a bath in Cool-Water cologne to try to get rid of the stink. All that Cool-Water, and I could still smell it, I had to go in the shower again! I guess a whole gel pack is too much, but even if you apply a little bit you can still smell it. What did I do wrong? Is SOE supposed to smell this way? Although it stunk to me, my girlfriend didn\'t complaint.

Bruce
08-02-2002, 07:28 PM
It is supposed to do that, but normally it takes hours to ripen like that. Exposed to body heat the androsterone slowly converts to androstenone, which has that smell you were noticing. I think your perception of the smell as bad has a lot to do with the problem, but since that is not going to change overnight, I would suggest cutting way back on the amount and applying only to wrists. If you keep having the same reaction, you are going to have to go with an all NOL product like women\'s PI. BTW, have you tried any products with androsteNONE in them (eg: men\'s PI, Edge, NPA...)? I\'m curious what your reaction would be to those.

Bruce

jose
08-02-2002, 07:47 PM
That\'s strange the smell goes away in on hour or less on me. Like Bruce says put less instead of the whole pack. Still don\'t know what your getting irritated about,SOE is working judging from your girlfriend\'s reaction.

jvkohl
08-02-2002, 10:06 PM
I understand his irritation; it\'s tough to have something that works, but you can\'t stand the smell of it. Unfortunately, this sort of thing is impossible to avoid, since personal preferences for odors develop in conjunction with genetics and exposure. Some people are going to be genetically programmed to be supersmellers of a particular compound, while others may become supersmellers due to exposure. Fortunately, with SOE there seem to be far fewer supersmellers (to androsterone) than supersmellers who find androstenone intolerable. That is, most people can understand the negative response to androsteone, which is repeatedly described as urinous.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-05-2002, 11:22 AM
Bruce,
Don\'t you mean the androsteNOL converts to androstenone? Does androsterone convert to androstenone also?

Also... is there any information about the conversion rates of nol and none? I saw someone wrote that none decays the fastest, faster than -nol, but then there was something from someone else that said that -nol is \"quickly\" converted to -none. Which is it? (what I mean is in relation to each other ... I know there are certain factors that will make them convert or decay more quickly but in relation to each other they should (I think) continue to convert at a consistent rate ... compared to each other. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif )

thanks.

Whitehall
08-05-2002, 11:31 AM
I find that SoE can convert on some parts of the skin but not others. When I first tried SoE I applied it to the back of my hands and set down at my keyboard for work. That put my nose directly over where I had applied the SoE. Within a few minutes, it turned obnoxious. I would not associate the smell with \'none since it smelled different from \'none-heavy products I was happy with.

Now, when I want to use SoE, I apply to the inside wrists or to my neck and the change of smell is no longer noticable. The gel packs can be applied, in my case, to the chest too.