PDA

View Full Version : Photoreading/accelearted learning techniques

Watcher
07-31-2002, 01:30 PM
The following are quite useful for people wanting to rapidly and effectively increase thier knowledge and learning capacity. Was discussed ages ago 1 year or more but needs resurrecting i think (at one point bruce provided some free info on the website)

SPEED READING
MIND MAPPING
MEGA MEMORY
PHOTOGRAHPIC MEMORY
NLP

Are there any i have missed folks.

Watcher
07-31-2002, 05:52 PM
Bump anyone use these or are willing to try them because it can be quite useful when reading through all the posts here to be able to quickly read them and understand everything. Especially with the amounts of posts that go on around the board here.

FerroMone
07-31-2002, 08:39 PM
Where are the links?

Xehupatl
07-31-2002, 11:03 PM
nonono get these;

PHOTOREADING (Paul Scheele)
THE EINSTEIN FACTOR (Win Wenger)
NATURAL BRILLIANCE (Paul Scheele)

http://www.learningstrategies.com (\"http://www.learningstrategies.com\") has got Paul Scheele\'s stuff, and you can get all the books pretty cheap at amazon.com (yeah you could be stupid like me and buy $400 worth of audio courses; but only if you\'re in any way retarded or have a severe learning deficit /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif)

I hate those memory courses; I have no use for remembering 1000 playing cards in order of colour, alphabet, ...
Memory improves with the learning you do, or get some cool paraliminals from learning strategies ... hehe

just HAD to put in my .02 /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
good luck
Stefan

FerroMone
08-01-2002, 12:50 AM
well, thanks

Nutt
08-01-2002, 03:57 AM
I half did the mega memory course, but kind of got bored / distracted and forgot about it, I can still rember my House list and most of the 1-20 list of pegs, but i cant recall ever actualy learning to use them :-)

I am very intrested in the idea of photo / speed reading though, any suggested books / tips / websites?

I see your quite into this stuff watcher as you\'ve mentioned it a few time, what stuff has impressed you the most, and do you consdier yourself able to use some of these photoreading and memorisation techniques with little or no pre-emptive efffort?

Watcher
08-01-2002, 11:31 AM
I would say the mind mapping it allows ideas to be organised and remembered quickly and effectivley i MMA all the forum information and am able to remember it quite quickly and effectivley it uses association and imagery to use the photographic memory to full use with knowledge. The more you use it the more benefical it becomes. Also helps with creativity.

FerroMone
08-03-2002, 10:25 PM
QUESTION: DO they really work?

Nutt
08-03-2002, 11:42 PM
if thats directed at me, no, only thing I learnt ( although I must have learnt it quite well) is the lists. the idea is you then start to tag information onto theese lists, but I dident get that far. I ought to try again now I have free time really.

but I\'d love to hear from other people who tried them and think they do / dont work.

FerroMone
08-05-2002, 01:24 AM
Anyone here who is knowledgable in nlp and SS ?

Watcher
08-05-2002, 02:23 AM
I know bits and pieces enought to use NLP and SS on the forum for various tips but my main forte is mind mapping. It really increases recall and long term memory by associating new information and knowledge alongside preexisting knowledge to sort of grow from a base out.