PDA

View Full Version : Testosterone as a Pheromone

FerroMone
07-23-2002, 09:39 PM
Is it possible to use testosterone as a pheromone knowing that this is the male \"SEX\" hormone ?

DrSmellThis
07-24-2002, 09:00 AM
My understanding is that there is a form of testosterone that is a pheromone.

a.k.a.
07-24-2002, 06:05 PM
If this is true, testosterone is my guess for the mystery pheromone in NPA/TE.

DrSmellThis
07-24-2002, 07:41 PM
OK, the one I\'m thinking of is already used by the perfuming industry, and can be derived from sandalwood or synthesized. I believe it\'s called methyltestosterone. It smells very subtle, warm and mellow.

I\'d be suprised if Stone and LaCroy weren\'t already aware of it, but who knows. There needs to be more university research on this stuff, as corporations are too secretive and possessive of pheromone science, especially corporations within the perfming industry.

But there are lots of pheromones and pheromone analogues used in perfuming. Plants produce pheromones, too, and some of the same pherochemicals secreted by humans are also produced by plants as individual notes in their essential oils.

Why do you think some essential oils are aphrodisiacs? This is one of nature\'s gifts to us. I don\'t think too many perfumers take full advantage of this situation, as they are paid by huge corporations, and look for the cheap and easy way.

FerroMone
07-24-2002, 08:18 PM
I also suspect that. In fact I am speculating that testosterone makes a girl horney.