PDA

View Full Version : first SOE backfire

**DONOTDELETE**
07-20-2002, 04:38 PM
I think I had my first SOE backfire tonight -- went to an open-air movie like almost every night with a friend. A cute girl was sitting next to my friend (he knows I\'m \"testing\" SOE) and I traded place with him (we went to the bar before the film begun and when we got back to our seats we traded place \"in the name of scientific experimentation\" :-) Well, after 5 minutes, the girl stood up and went away like I had offended her (I swear I have done absolutely nothing, so it must\'ve been the \'mones). Any idea=? I think I read that girls having their period may react negatively to \'mones, so this may have been the case. BTW, her seat remained empty.
(Just in case you are wondering, I was smelling good, dressing nicely, and, although not a fashion model, I\'m not butt-ugly either) I was wearing the \"usual\" quantity -- one swipe at right and left sides of neck, one swipe on each wrist.

jose
07-20-2002, 05:33 PM
Relax, it could have been anything,and from the description of what you apply on yourself it wasn\'t an overdose. She was probably pissed off about something else, keep experimenting. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

jvkohl
07-20-2002, 05:50 PM
I don\'t wear SOE at work because one female technician is extremely sensitive to at least one of its components, most likely androsterone. There is, however, only one other woman I know who doesn\'t like the scent. Still, I suspect that extreme sensitivity may be present in some small percentage of the female population--and that
it correlates with estrogen levels, since pregnant women almost always react badly to androsterone. The estrogen
can be expected to increase their sensitivity to it, and therefore make the scent too strong at which time it becomes aversive. You\'re right about the women on their period though. Progesterone also appears to play a role as they near the time of their period--and as pregnancy progresses. It\'s always interesting for me to hear about backfires, since it tends to support the reports of success. If there were no backfires, there would probably be no sucess stories, either--since that would mean that there was no biologically active component.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-20-2002, 06:31 PM
Post deleted by cmorera

chummym
07-20-2002, 06:35 PM
ummm...who said anything about none?

all i see them talking about is nol and rone

actually not even nol only thing mentioned at all has been rone

all your base are belong to us -god-

**DONOTDELETE**
07-22-2002, 12:20 PM
I don\'t wear SOE at work because one female technician is extremely sensitive to at least one of its components, most likely androsterone.
-jkohl

When you say sensative do you mean she reacts to it positively or negatively?

Watcher
07-22-2002, 12:50 PM
What is it with all these deleted posts popping up around the board what is going on - bruce is that you or are people playing funny buggers with the forum again (are we being hacked by jealous boys and girls who want to cover pheromones up again) because it is to much for them to accept and consider.

jvkohl
07-22-2002, 09:02 PM
Jambat,
She reacts negatively; reminds her of when she worked at the nearby pig farm. Probably a conditioned
response to a similar odor (-none) that she became super sensitive to, and experienced negatively during
several years of work.

FerroMone
07-27-2002, 01:13 AM
Well it must be something else. Most response from SOE are positive even on the males. I think SOE does not cause negative response even if your target is on its menstrual period.