PDA

View Full Version : The Importance Of Smell - An Interesting Report.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-19-2002, 09:44 AM
\"According to the AXE Effect Survey* of men and women between 18-24, less than 18 percent of guys
worry about smelling bad when hooking up with a girl. That\'s a mistake. Two-thirds of you aren\'t even
getting your foot in the door with the girl because 77 percent of women say body odor is the No. 1 deal
breaker when considering a date. Bad B.O. means you\'re going home solo.\'

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/020718/044641.html (\"http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/020718/044641.html\")

- Louis

MaxiMog
07-19-2002, 09:56 AM
Yeah, I heard stuff like that, too. I\'ve seen a BBC (England) program on the subject of what people think is sexy, attractive, etc.
It seems that women think of smell as THE most important thing about a man. If a man smells bad, he will not have success with women, even if he has very good looks. How you look comes in only second. Men on the other hand seem to judge women on the way they look. Other things like smell, or career etc. are less important.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-19-2002, 09:58 AM
With AXE as the source, I\'ll stay sceptical of what ever they say.

I have been wondering about the topic however. A while back some guys on the forum said that using a deodorant (prevents bacteria) as opposed to an antiperspirant (reduces sweating) was better as this would improve ones own phero output. As the deodorants effect is not perfect, however, it also increases smell, especially during hot summer days... I\'m wondering if it might not also also increase various negative effects on ones own mood similarly to using exogenous pheromones. I think this might be the case for me at least.

Has any one had any similar experiences?

Watcher
07-19-2002, 12:15 PM
The thing with the androgens is that they are 1 component of human sweat out of 1000s of chemical compounds so using them is not a big deal. We get enough positive feedback about smelling nice from enough women - with synthetic pheromones on to prove that most of these surveys rely on
FEMALE LOGIC
not FEMALE ACTION women always seem to do almost the opposite to what they say so i say 77% of women find a sweaty androgen rich man attractive.

DrSmellThis
07-19-2002, 05:11 PM
Nice reply Watcher

Andy
07-20-2002, 03:20 AM
I don\'t know anybody who\'d try his mojo on a girl without thinking about his smell. Ooops, I\'ve forgotten that I am from educated europe /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif. No honestly, this is crappy bs and I don\'t know anybody who got laid because of Axe. There isn\'t something like the Axe-effect, this is a cheap smelling deo, nothing more, nothing less.

rjm
07-22-2002, 06:39 AM
Just brought the page up; will read it later, though ya gotta figure, if someone smells bad, how much time do you want to spend with them?

Would any of you spend and evening with a girl who smelled like a gallon of milk left out for a week? /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif