PDA

View Full Version : insense

**DONOTDELETE**
07-18-2002, 09:02 AM
has anyone tried the phero insense that some other websites offer. i would think that some would work great but you would have to find a reliable site. what do u guys think. because if u had a girl over and you could burn an insense then you know she would like walk over to it and smell it and it would seem perfect

Andy
07-18-2002, 10:21 AM
IMHO the heat would destroy the molecules, I\'d add some oily pheroproduct to one of these aroma lamps, but on the other hand, you could spray it on you as well /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif.

Bruce
07-18-2002, 11:17 AM
There used to be a very active board member who used a low heat essential oil diffuser to put pheros in the air. He swore by it, but I never tried it myself. The people at Primal Inc. sent me a pheromone candle once that seemed to work pretty well. Lighting it became a regular part of my \"romantic evening\" ritual with the Mrs. I think you can figure that the insense format will pretty much fry the pheros, but a candle though exposing quite a bit to burning heat, does allow some of the fragrance (and pheros) to escape into the atmosphere from the small pool of molten wax that collects at the base of the whick.
Bruce

Whitehall
07-18-2002, 12:07 PM
I\'ve been using an \"aromatherapy ball\" - it plugs into the wall socket and provides a little bit of continuous heat to a removable/replacable/disposable cotton pad. The pad will soak up and hold essential oils, perfumes, or pheromones and the heat will slowly release them into the atmosphere. There are models for the car too.

I\'ve found that its best use is for Realm for Women - I put a few sprays on the pad when the SO has her period - it certainly improves her mood and reduces PMS. The downside is that I have to breathe it too and it depresses me - I HATE that! So what I do is spray in the morning when I ready to leave for work - she stays at home - more or less.

I could see dispersing \'nol this way for a party. SPMO or other fragrance might work but an unscented \'nol and an essential oil would be better. I\'d save the \'none for application to your person.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-18-2002, 06:38 PM
Point of advice. If you\'re gonna put a phero product into one of those aroma lamps, add a little water into it. Without it, it may get too \"Over powering\" as far as the smell goes, and the water will diffuse the heat better. Just my thought.

Andy
07-19-2002, 03:38 AM
I though this would be self explanatory /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif, nobody would spill pure essential oils in one of those lamps .... Well I hope nobody is that stupid.

Whitehall
07-19-2002, 06:55 AM
\"I hope nobody is that stupid.\"

Perhaps you do not know of which you speak. In the device I was explaining, the heat flow and hence temperature are designed expressly for direct application of essential oils to the cotton absorbant pad, per manufacturer\'s instruction.

BassMan
07-19-2002, 07:29 AM
I think he was talking about the little oil heaters that use a tea-light candle. Putting a little water in with the oil is excellent advice. I\'ve seen people make one nasty stink by putting just oil in it and burning it up...

Whitehall
07-19-2002, 08:33 AM
For the ones with the little candles, agreed, water is helpful.

Andy
07-19-2002, 09:26 AM
That\'s right BassMan.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-19-2002, 11:47 AM
BassMan:

I was talking about the ones that use the tea light candles. I\'m not too familiar with the other types of oil diffusers out there....pardon my ignorance. lol A friend of mine once put straight essential oil in the tea light type lamps, it smelt so horrible, the smell is still stuck in the back of my throat. LOL Take care.