PDA

View Full Version : SPMO

**DONOTDELETE**
07-17-2002, 10:57 PM
What\'s up everyone? Welcome new members! I\'ve been thinking for a while now about the new rose scented SPMO. Guys out there, before you say \"I\'m not going to buy it, that\'s a female scent.\" Read this!

Besides chocolates, stuffed animals, and balloons, what is sold more during Valentine\'s Day, and anniversaries? Roses!

If a guy is wearing the rose scented SPMO, what do you think is gonna go through her mind? Valentine\'s Day, love, passion, companionship, etc.....plus you got the added -Nol in there for some extra kick. Think about it for a minute, I know I\'m not crazy. It may help out when you\'re wearing your favorite Mone. If any one agrees/disagrees with my idea, post it! Take care, and have fun!

MaxiMog
07-18-2002, 01:41 AM
I don\'t really know. IMO you can wear what you want, as long as it smells good. I mean, Calvin Klein for one has brought a unisex perfume on the market, so it\'s probably more important how you smell to others than what causes the smell.
I think this is a pretty interesting place: http://www.skinbiology.com/skin-pheromones.html. (\"http://www.skinbiology.com/skin-pheromones.html.\") It really has some good information, and if you like, some things on which scent goes best with which gender.

DrSmellThis
07-18-2002, 03:40 AM
If you want it for the -ol, then it is very economical indeed.

However, be advised that it is synthetic rose fragrance so you don\'t get the aromatherapy effect of rose as the love scent, as with an essential oil. However I\'m not denying the possible romantic effect of mental associations with something that smells like roses, natural or synthetic.

Andy
07-18-2002, 04:31 AM
You mustn\'t forget that there is the concious mind working with detectable smells. I don\'t know any girl who\'d like a man to smell like roses.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-18-2002, 12:51 PM
I don\'t mean to put so much on that you smell like a funeral. LOL Just enough for it to be detected. I\'m far from a psychologist, so I really can\'t say for sure if women would like a man smelling like roses, however, I\'ll be the guinea pig in this matter, and take one for the team. lol I\'ll be sure to keep you guys posted. Take care!

**DONOTDELETE**
07-18-2002, 01:23 PM
I for one happen to agree with you JaegerMeister. The light rose scent would act as a \'trigger\' in her subcon mind and have her feeling all those feelings of love and passion similar to those during Valentines Day. Just hope that the target girl hasnt had any bad experiences with roses....like having had them thrown in her face or something. hehe /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Whitehall
07-18-2002, 01:56 PM
Rose is an ingredient in almost all fine perfume and colognes - men\'s and women\'s. It may not be discernable but it is so often there along with jasmine. It (rose) supposedly acts to stimulate \"romantic\" feelings compared to the erotic feelings from jasmine or ylang-ylang.

The \"Super Primal\" rose oil (SPRO) is quite likely NOT the real essential oil or otto or absolute (different extraction methods and consistencies) but might make a great base for a drop or two of the real deal. I\'d consider SPRO with rose essential oil as a room pheromone on a diffuser/aromatherapy ball. SPVO (vanilla) might also make a nice room scent.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-18-2002, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the replies and advice guys. About 2-3 years ago, there was a \"New Age\" store not too far from me, they had basically every essential oil you could imagine. And a 1oz. bottle of any oil was no more than $10. I wish they didn\'t go out of business. lol I still have a bottle or Myrrh, Cedar, and Ylang Ylang, any good suggestions on those scents? Also, not too long ago, a friend of mine bought me a bottle of Egyptian musk oil, I don\'t wear it because it\'s a bit too \"feminine\" smelling for me. However, one time I spilled some on my hand and it made a few of my female colleagues say \"Wow, that really smells good, what is it?\" Maybe it has -Nol in it? LOL If anyone knows a site where they sell pure essential oils, let me know. Thanks!

-John

**DONOTDELETE**
07-18-2002, 06:32 PM
Angerstat:

Knowing my luck, the target female probably fell off her bike into a rose bush when she was a kid, or like you said, got hit in the face by a bunch of roses. LOL Or, I\'ll be wearing it and get attacked by a swarm of bees. LOL

DrSmellThis
07-19-2002, 05:12 AM
If it was that cheap it may have been synthetic. Rose essentila oil carries and expresses the energy of love, whether worn by a male or female, if you believe aromatherapy.
Cedar had the most manly aphrodisiac properties of the ones you mentioned. I once did an experiment in a class I taught where 30 students rank ordered essential oils for sexiness. I chose only thos reputed to be aphrosdisiacs. Cedar won. Not my scent, personally, but great if it fits your chemistry.

rjm
07-19-2002, 05:59 AM
I know I\'ve been a pain-in-the-butt about these oils, BUT --
You can get essential oils from even drug stores and GNC. They have essential oils, including ROSE.

One note though, rose is about the third strongest oil I\'ve ever used, surpassed only by patchouli and cinnamon. These three scents have to be used sparingly, as \"scent OD\" is a VERY real possibility. I know I\'ve screwed up a few mixes (non-phero) by using more than a single drop - literally.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-19-2002, 11:56 AM
DrSmellThis:

I still have a lot of cedar essential oil left. I personally like the smell, because I like sharp, clean smelling colognes, but nothing that makes people\'s eyes tear. lol I don\'t think it\'s synthetic, because when I smell it, it \"clears\" my mind, and makes me feel at ease. I\'m going to make a trip to a local GNC and see what they got, also there are a lot of health food stores in my area, but I never checked the place out since I only go there for vitamins, maybe they have them. As far as the SPRO, I\'m just buying it for the added -Nol. Take care, and thanks for the reply.