PDA

View Full Version : JB#1 MIX Curiosity?

**DONOTDELETE**
07-15-2002, 05:28 AM
Just wondering how people using the JB#1 MIX to get MAJOR hits are actually applying it? I would assume by dabs, roll-on or drops since mixing 7 parts oil based APC to 3 parts alcohol based NPA would still yield a rather thick solution. However, the CookBook states that it is sprayed. I\'m curious because mixing results in a solution that contains .179mg/mL, which basically means you would need about 5 1/2 full drops to equal the -NONE in the average 2 drop application of Primal Instinct (PI), the strongest of the -NONE products. When spraying though, you\'d only need anywhere from 1 1/2 - 2 sprays depending on the sprayer.

I\'m just trying to figure out how much -NONE a person is wearing when experiencing HITS?

I also have a feeling the very pleasing scent of the APC as well as the other supposed secret ingredients said to be within the NPA have a strong contributing factor --just my thoughts, don\'t have any real evidence for my assumptions.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-15-2002, 05:52 AM
Hi NYBlues,

before reading that Jambat himself suggests to spray JB#1, I would apply it by drops, 3 or 4 maximum. Obviously, since the solution is oily, it will not be handled very well by all atomizers; I personally use one which has a front hole slightly larger than the others I have, and the dispersal is fine. I think that every spray is about two drops, and I\'m applying two sprays... So I guess that I\'m meeting my previous dosage, with the advantage that with that stealth atomizer, I can bring the mix almost everywhere.

However, I\'m not the best one whose instructions are to follow about JB#1, since I\'ve seen no great hits so far. I had *much* better results with JB#2, which is still my favourite. Any other comments about JB#1 application?

franki
07-15-2002, 05:59 AM
Well I don´t want to prevent anyone from making JB1, since it works fine (for me too) but I just want to remind some people of a discussion on the forum a couple of months ago.

The discussion was about the relation between skin type and scent type. With a darker skin you would be better of with a light and sweet scent and if you have a fair skin you could do with something heavier and with muskier.

I am still experimenting with this and I don´t have a final conclusion for myself, but I think that for me (white skin, blue eyes) TE or NPA in combination with a heavy cologne works better than the super sweet APC scent in JB#1.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
07-17-2002, 03:21 AM
Hi Nimbus,

I would have assumed applying it in the form of drops or dabs as well. It seems as if it would be rather thick for a spray.

I only chose to ask about JB#1 because it\'s the most popular on the forum and receives a lot of praise for it\'s ability to produce hits.

So were you receiving any positive signs or different reactions when using 2 sprays. I think an average spray actually comes closer to 2 1/2 - 3 drops, since the standard measurement for a drop is .05mL. At 4 drops you\'d only have on .0358mg of pheros (-NONE). 2 spray would bring you closer to .05mg depending on your sprayer of course.

I\'m trying to figure out just how much -NONE people usually wear to get a positive reaction. I realize that it\'s also dependent on the persons themselves due to the variables in personality and physicality but there still must be some sort of balance.

A two drop application of a high -NONE product with .5mg/mL of phero content like PI or RM will yield .05mg of -NONE. I\'m not sure but I believe that can be an overdose for some people. But it\'s tricky because I\'ve worn much more -NONE than that in the past using AE and Attraction yet have never saw the OD effect that people have experienced here on the board. Now that can be because I\'m generally not a very intimidating person personality wise (easy going/laid back) or in a physical way (5\'11\' @ 165lb). It also can be directly related to having -NOL present in the application at an equal or slightly greater amount.

Thanks for all your help,
--Blues

**DONOTDELETE**
07-17-2002, 03:27 AM
Hey Franki,

Y\'know I can see how that can actually make sense in certain ways. However, there\'s probably exceptions as with all things due to personal preference. I know that specific colognes or scents work better in different temps or weather seasons... for example, spicy and sweet for cold climates/winter and fresh and citrus for hot climates/summer. I haven\'t smelled APC but I too would rather use my own colognes to cover the pheros instead of the scents that the manufactures place in their bottles to mask the sometimes strong phero smells.