PDA

View Full Version : SOE Rollon vs. Gel

happydude
07-14-2002, 10:21 PM
Hi all.

I\'m about to purchase of SOE, and i\'d like to know which version of SOE is preferred: the rollon one or the gel packets?

Thanks in Advance!

franki
07-15-2002, 01:57 AM
The gel packets, they are not so oily on your skin and they smell fresher. If you like the roll-on SOE, you will love the packets. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Bruce
07-15-2002, 06:06 AM
I keep a bottle of SOE in my day bag all the time and it is handy for a quick application to the wrists just about anytime during the day. (for me) the gel is for special occasions; I rub in an entire packet to my upper body: chest arms, neck. There is a far greater amount of absorbtion with this method and a unique effect I\'ve found. I know others are more conservative with the packets and apply them similarly to the oil, getting at least 2 applications per packet. I use the entire packet at one application, but by rubbing it into soft skin don\'t seem to be ODing and I am rather conservative with fragrance. Maybe the first 30 minutes is a bit much; not sure.

Bruce

upsidedown
07-15-2002, 06:25 AM
I have both, and use both. I haven\'t noticed any differences in terms of effectiveness, but I do agree that the gel does seem to absorb differently from the roll on.

One nice thing though about the roll on bottle...if you were to order the liquid version, you would then be in a position to mix the liquid with other products...such as the DD#1 which is 7 parts SoE to 3 parts NPA. You can\'t really mix the gel packs with anything else in another container.

So, I think it\'s beneficial to have both...and use them as the situation dictates.

oscar
07-15-2002, 06:39 AM
Gents,

I have the packets and the roll-on as well, but if I had to choose one, I\'d go with the roll-on. Having the bottle allows you to refresh your application when needed, without having to open a fresh packet and either use it all or store the remaining product.
The bottle is a far more convenient, economical, and practical choice in my opinion.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

jose
07-15-2002, 06:51 AM
If I had to choose one it would be the rollon, for some reason the smell last longer than the gel packs. Then again the gel packs are more convenient if you\'re out at a club or social function, but the smell only last for 30 minutes. I could still smell SOE rollon on my shirt after days have passed.

happydude
07-15-2002, 08:14 AM
I\'m still a newbie.. what\'s DD#!1?

MaxiMog
07-15-2002, 09:05 AM
DD#1 = SOE + NPA

You should really check out the cookbook. It has a lot of valuable information for newbies and experts alike.

Lee
07-15-2002, 10:18 AM
I like the gel packs, but I did something that makes it way more convenient and less suspicious upon applying in a public place.

Has anyone ever purchased those small bottles of hand sanitizers? If you look closely at that, the gel substance is VERY similar to the substance in the gel packs. What I did was I had a near empty bottle of hand sanitizer and squeezed in the 5 packets of gel that I had. By doing this, I had a half full bottle of SoE gel in a bottle.

This worked great because when I apply it to my forearms or even neck, people assume I\'m putting on some kind of lotion. I get the same \"buzz\" from doing this also. Not to mention that the bottle is very sturdy and is sealed shut. It\'s easy to refresh your application this way and it\'s easy to control how much is applied.

I have to agree that the scent does not last very long but that doesn\'t mean the \'mones are gone.

An advantage about the gel is the price. You can get 7 packs for 10 bucks and this can really make you decide whether you want the liquid version or not without spending 50 bucks. It\'s a great bargain, I\'m about ready to order more so I can fill another bottle.

EXIT63
07-15-2002, 02:56 PM
Which do you think is more economical?

Soe gel packs 38 for 49.95 or
roll on bottle for 49.95

Lee
07-15-2002, 03:18 PM
I don\'t really know which is more economical but let\'s break it down.

With 38 packs of gel, you get 57ml of gel and combined it is close to 5mg of pheros.

With the rollon you get 10ml of oil and 5mg of pheros concentrated in that one bottle as opposed to 38 packs of gel.

So, in being economical, it really depends on your situation. You can easily lose the 1 bottle of SoE and it\'s all gone, and it\'s almost impossible to lose all 38 packs unless you kept them all in one place.

But if a person is willing to pay 50 bucks, then go with the rollon. If you want cheaper, get a varied amount of gel packs. I personally go with cheaper, because I have yet experienced any effect of pheros from others other than what can be passed as a good day.

oscar
07-15-2002, 03:24 PM
EXIT63,

I worked up some of the numbers on the gel packs for inclusion on the chart some time back, just haven\'t submitted them yet.
For $49.95 you get:
4.94 total milligrams of pheros in 57 milliliters of gel, or,
5.0 total milligrams of pheros in 10 milliliters of roll-on oil.

It\'s real close. You get more \"stuff\" with the gel deal, but you get a tiny bit more phero with the bottle.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

oscar
07-15-2002, 04:01 PM
Lee,

Sorry for the redundancy. I type v e r y , v e r y , s l o w l y.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Watcher
07-15-2002, 05:38 PM
This was invented by me ages back and is proving to be quite an effective mix for a lot of people it combines NPA (M) none and SOE rone and nol but it has those mystery ingredients in NPA (my thinking is it has couplins and a1) although that is still conjecture but if it is true then you have a mix with all 5 main discussed pheromone types on this forum.

Lee
07-15-2002, 11:04 PM
Yes, I think a certain NPA and SoE combo is effective. I know Watcher doesn\'t like TE but I use TE along with SoE and it works out great for me at least.

Although saying you \"invented\" such a mix is going just a bit far. I\'m sure people mixed similar ratios or ingredients before you claimed credit for it. No disrespect intended, we all know how much Watcher, or his other aliases, does for this community.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-19-2002, 07:56 PM
Lee:

That\'s a great idea for storing SoE gel! I\'m going to put my order in this week for the 24 packets of gel. I\'ve been reading the posts about the SoE gel, and how 1/2 of the packet is enough. But the fact of keeping an open packet in your pocket or something would be a waste since it would leak. I gotta take a trip to the drug store and pick up one of those small 99 cent bottles of hand sanitizer. :-)