PDA

View Full Version : Product Question

DrSmellThis
07-09-2002, 10:29 PM
Doers anyone know which of the Super primal oils are pure essential oils not synthetic fragrances, and how much -ol is in them?

Thanks in advance, guys (or gals).

Whitehall
07-10-2002, 07:11 AM
The musk oil is obviously NOT real musk oil but a medium grade synthetic IMHO. \"Citrus\" would have to be a blend of real oils but is probably a synthetic. Frankly, I doubt any of them are the real deal.

The \'nol content is one great unknown. My experiences with SPMO suggests that it is non-trivial, however.

DrSmellThis
07-10-2002, 01:18 PM
Thanks. I guess nobody knows. Just wondering, as is seems the most common mixing need these days is to \"bump up the -nol\" (imagine a house beat here). SOE is nice, but just too strong smelling to use unless you want that synthetic fragrance to dominate. (I cannot do this everyday, as I prefer natural scents (except for the pheromones). Often when people say \"natural,\" they really mean synthetic. lol. \"Fragrance\" is the accepted term for synthetics.) Otherwise it\'s $89 or whatever for chem set -nol. It would be nice if it was significant enough to make a difference in a mix.

Watcher
07-10-2002, 01:23 PM
Attraction 2.1mg nol and 1.2 mg of none per bottle could be the answer for some.

DrSmellThis
07-10-2002, 01:55 PM
Yes. Perhaps Bruce could have an unscented edge/attraction special to give people one place to get everything economically in a compelling proportions. Isn\'t there an unscented attraction? This could be a great combo.

DrSmellThis
07-10-2002, 02:11 PM
Edge/unscented attraction/AE could be deadly!

Think about it. Everything is there without an overpowering fragrance. A complete pheromone profile, without too much rone. (OK we can\'t confirm any A1, but we\'re talking economy and Edge might have A1) You could mix whatever scent you had on hand. It wouldn\'t matter. Just a plain oil would do.

Currently, however, I\'m experimenting with the chem set

Whitehall
07-10-2002, 02:38 PM
As for SoE, it is heavily fragranced but I suspect that it has too much \'rone for my skin chemistry/pheromone profile.

I really should pick up a chem set but I hate to waste money just on the \'rone.

DrSmellThis
07-10-2002, 03:02 PM
If it makes you feel better, most of the cost comes from none and ol. Once you buy rone you don\'t have to get it for a long time and can just get refills of the others. Aarrgh. OK, you do get the wallet raked with the big singles.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-10-2002, 03:43 PM
DrSmellThis, thinking along those same lines, I recently ordered unscented edge and unscented attraction. Should be arriving this week. I hope this combo works.

DrSmellThis
07-10-2002, 03:49 PM
That\'s interesting dino. Let us know how it works. You will be lacking rone, by the way, so that\'s why I mentioned AE to complete the picture. Also lots of folks are going heavier with none these days. But, you have Edge. I think we have a path to success here.

Watcher
07-11-2002, 02:01 AM
Im thinking of purchasing a1 staright what have people noticed with this (is it just for mood enhancement and does it apply to both male and female or just improve female moods.

DrSmellThis
07-11-2002, 07:04 AM
Although I\'ve not yet purchased A1, it sounds like a real boost for any formula, in small quantities. Too bad the cost is so high.

The research supports that it works consistently for mood enhancement for women. I read somewhere it works for both genders. In the forum, however, I think some guys didn\'t like what it did to their mood after a while. The research also says it is the only pheromone confirmed to affect the VNO directly, and that it is therefore the \"truest pheromone\". I therefore suspect it enhances seratonin circulation in the brain, and hopefully Dopamine. It does have a smell, but not as pungent as -none.

French perfumery theory does state you always want a mood enhancer in every aphrodisiac perfume. French perfumers know what they are talking about. Many popular perfumes are reputed to contain A1 already, so the pros endorse it.

Pick up artists typically state that what makes a woman fall for you is that you constantly make her feel good. Common sense suggests that most women who are horny for a guy have felt good with him at various points.

Finally, at the end of the night, if her mood has been good, you get to use all those clever lines about how, \"since we obviously had such a great time all night we shouldn\'t let a little thing like sleep, your curfew, your children, your husband, my not having an apartment, or the fact that you don\'t know me and I just want to copulate cut our night short... /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Whitehall
07-11-2002, 07:36 AM
Increasing serotoin is not usually a good route into her pants. Serotoin is an inhibitory neurotransmitter and increasing the levels will dampen libido and orgasm. Some women will need more serotoin but if so, they should get a script for Prozac which does the same thing. Prozac is infamous for squeshing sexual enjoyment and activity.

Given that turkey meat at Thanksgiving meal is high in an effective serotoin precursor, the typical post-meal behavior is nodding out rather than orgy.

Granted, A-1 might curb anxiety in a pick-up situation or a first night but in general, it\'s better to stimulate a woman\'s emotions than to sedate them if you want a sexual experience.

I save A-1 as a defense against menstruation and PMS bitchiness when I\'m not likely to get any anyway.

Watcher
07-11-2002, 11:56 AM
Thats the effect that is being sort by myself with a1, to improve their moods in general i need to really avoid cranky people right now and this would work if all the responses so far are anything to go by. Also people who have used if reading this post does it improve the moods of other guys around you ie work collegues in a work situation etc i might use a1 as a counter for the none heavy products i use.

rjm
07-12-2002, 06:47 AM
Here\'s a question --

Would A-1 act as a \"balance\" to -none, or would it ease someone into the effects of it? It could be a good \"stealth\" phero...

I would think that A-1 added to -nol would be the ultimate in settling people down and giving them a case of the warm fuzzies...

DrSmellThis
07-17-2002, 06:31 AM
Well, it\'s not at all clear that seratonin, per se, inhibits sexual desire. Prosac does, but not all SRI\'s do (celexa), and Wellbutrin, which supports seratonin as well as dopamine, is actually a sexual enhancer for many. I suspect there are other things about Prosac that kill erections. Some seratonin enhancers even cause priapism! L-tyrosine is an amino acid that supports seratonin, but also increases sexual desire/performance. Think about it -- why should making me happy make me less horny? St.John\'s Wort is all about increasing seratonin, but is used in Bruce\'s Delightfully Intimate aphrodisiac product.

So I say let\'s investigate A1 with an open mind.

DrSmellThis
07-17-2002, 07:43 AM
Well, I am sorry to say that, with my recent purchase, I have the answer to the SP \"essential oils\" (hahaahha) question:

There\'s nary a drop of real essential oils in any of the SP oils! It\'s just run-of-the-mill synthetics. The sad part is that, after several e-mails requesting clarity, customer service claimed that there are just essential oils, pheromones, and dilutant in there.

I have a very developed nose as a perfumer, and it\'s all chemicals. I promise.

Same with \"Sandalwood\" Edge: nothing but fake chemical \"sandalwood\"! So unnecessary. No offense intended, but I think it smells gross and cheap. You lose all the magic, holistic properties of the oil. Real sandalwood is nature\'s most powerful (plant) male pheromone. I can\'t even tell you how many constituents of sandalwood resemble testosterone. 20-25 drops of real sandalwood is all that\'s necessary to scent an entire bottle of edge. How expensive is that?? Y\'all should smell my own scented Edge. The holistic properties of the oils enhance the pheromone effect. With all due respect to Bruce, who is a good guy, it really is important to use the accepted term \"fragrance\" rather than \"essential oil\" when talking about synthetics. If love-scent wants to take it to another level, it might consider using real, essential oils, many of which which are absolutely proven aphrodisiacs. Don\'t make the mistake of thinking synthetic jasmine, for example, is a powerful aphrodisiac. Don\'t even make the mistake of thinking that the best commercial perfumes are rrimarily synthetics. Not so. French and Italian perfumery has standards of quality, and it is mostly only the fixatives that are synthetic. The finest perfumes do use synthetic notes to enhance the corresponding whole oils, and even contain many chemical pheromone analogues unheard of on this site. But mostly they contain essential oils. Yes real civet is still used.
But the best perfumes are mostly essential oils.

Whitehall
07-17-2002, 07:57 AM
Beg to differ about Wellbutrin:

\"Classified as a dopamine-reuptake blocking compound, Wellbutrin has a chemical structure unrelated to any other antidepressant medication. Unlike some of the other recently developed antidepressants (i.e., Celexa, Paxil, Prozac, and Zoloft) that target the brain chemical serotonin, Wellbutrin acts on the brain chemicals dopamine and norepinephrine.\" (Quoted from http://www.nami.org/helpline/wellbutrin.html) (\"http://www.nami.org/helpline/wellbutrin.html)\")

**DONOTDELETE**
07-17-2002, 05:18 PM
DrSmellThis, can you give us some examples of commercial colognes with real essential oils? (I use Michael by Michael Kors and Nautica Latitude Longitude.)

Thanks,
Dino

**DONOTDELETE**
07-17-2002, 05:39 PM
I can offer a direct opinion on wellbutrin, as two women I\'ve been involved with started taking it while I was seeing them --

It\'s a f---ing \"off\" switch as far a sex is concerned.

DrSmellThis
07-17-2002, 06:03 PM
Salvadore Dali is one I\'ve used. Stay away from all American brands, and get only high-end French or Italian native produced colognes, and you should be OK. An expensive cologne lasts forever, and really isn\'t that expensive for something you\'ll wear everyday.

DrSmellThis
07-17-2002, 06:18 PM
Yes Wellbutrin works on dopamine and norepinephrine. I didn\'t mean to imply it was a SRI, because it\'s not. We do not know with the certainty many claim to have what all these drugs do. I suspect wellbutrin supports seratonin indirectly, from my experience taking it, as it reduced some OCD symptoms for me, which is a seratonin thing. But I could well be wrong.

Wellbutrin has in fact been prescribed to help sexual desire in women, but it is not at all unusual for a psychotropic drug to have the opposite effect for someone else. It\'s best when we can stay away from prescription drugs, but that\'s life.

DrSmellThis
07-17-2002, 06:47 PM
Sorry to hear about that, Scientist, by the way! That sucks. Some other antidepressant might not kill libido, but Celexa is the only SRI type of depressant without the bad sex rap. There are other types besides SRIs, and perhaps your girlfriends would want to ask their doctor about these. Most of them kill libido for at least some people, despite what the drug companies say. Impotence is a vastly underreported side effect, for obvious reasons. Prosac almost limped me out. My ADD med, Adderal also interferes with my \"erectability,\" unless I minimize the dose to less than optimal effectiveness. Same with friends of mine. But even though anything that speeds you up can constricts blood vessels, impotence is not even mentioned as a potential side effect by the drug company. Gee, I wonder why you wouldn\'t want to publicise that one? I try to stick with herbal and nutritional remedies whenever possible.

Whitehall
07-18-2002, 07:16 AM
My closest experience with Wellbutrin was with a former girlfriend. She had been taking Prozac for Post-Divorce Depressive Syndrome (PDDS) and was very frustrated with her sexual response. She told me that she was normally highly orgasmic /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif but that Prozac just took the necessary edge off. After I moved away, I called to check in with her and she told me \"Man, did you miss it! Wish you were here!\" Turns out she switched to Wellbutrin and was on fire. Whaaaaa!

On the other hand, I\'ve a ladyfriend who practices anti-aging medicine her in the Bay Area. She told me she has yet to see any positive libido or orgasmic change in her patients with Wellbutrin.

So, guess it is highly ideosyncratic.

I will further admit that the neurotransmitter theory of nerve function is not a complete science - there\'s more to come.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-18-2002, 08:57 AM
DrSmellThis,
Can you recommend any good Italian or French perfumes for women? Do they sell these in American stores or do you buy them over the net? Thanks.

DrSmellThis
07-19-2002, 05:21 AM
The only source I trust completely, out of my own prejudice and ignorance more than anything else, is The Perfume House in Porland, OR. Call them or find it on the net. They are internationally prominent. You can\'t go wrong. They have all the best perfumes and colognes.