PDA

View Full Version : Using bosses as guinea pigs.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-22-2001, 09:14 PM
A fellow phero user had an interesting idea in another topic in this forum. He(she?) hinted at using female pheromones in the boss\'s office to get him in a good mood.

While I doubt that it would work on a boss that was cranky by nature, it would still be very interesting to observe if there was definetely a, albeit small, deviation of behavior towards being more mellow.

The downside is that is if the pheromones became too succesful and the boss started hitting on any of his female subordinates. This could potentially cause grief for the female(s) and him being accused of sexual harassment.

Not to mention the ethics in said endeavor
are very dubious to say the least. After all, the pheromone user at least exposes not only others to the mones he\'s wearing but himself as well.

Joe

**DONOTDELETE**
07-23-2001, 06:35 AM
There is also the very remote posibility that the boss (guinea pig) might experience a severe reaction to the pheromones, and then what is the experimenter going to do?

Experimenting on oneself is one thing, but experimenting on others without their knowledge and approval is downright wrong.

Joe images/icons/crazy.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
07-23-2001, 05:57 PM
On the other hand, everyone produces pheromones anyway and everybody else gets exposed to them anyway, also people are the way they are and our politicans and companies experiment on the public everyday, we all have a certain amount of manipulation and experimentation on us and on others, think of a relationship it is all about probing and trying to get the other party to be with us, for human interaction to take place this sort of thing goes on anyway in every way in life without the other party knowing so pheromones are the same, it is a grey area of philsophy with everyone having a different opinion and expression, but the use of pheromones is i would say 90 percent in the positive as i have noticed that in the workplace when i have them on that whereever i am working other staff male and female are harder working and better work gets done, so yeah it is a good idea to wear them but get the right combo for the individual first

**DONOTDELETE**
07-23-2001, 06:00 PM
On the other hand, everyone produces pheromones anyway and everybody else gets exposed to them anyway, also people are the way they are and our politicans and companies experiment on the public everyday, we all have a certain amount of manipulation and experimentation on us and on others, think of a relationship it is all about probing and trying to get the other party to be with us, for human interaction to take place this sort of thing goes on anyway in every way in life without the other party knowing so pheromones are the same, it is a grey area of philsophy with everyone having a different opinion and expression, but the use of pheromones is i would say 90 percent in the positive as i have noticed that in the workplace when i have them on that whereever i am working other staff male and female are harder working and better work gets done, so yeah it is a good idea to wear them but get the right combo for the individual first

rjm
07-24-2001, 11:40 PM
Alright, it was me who had the thought...

Along the same lines as what Paul was saying, as we all produce them --

I wasn\'t talking about hosing the office down; just putting a few drops in the boss\' own, personal, his-alone office. Oddly, I don\'t think there are any female employees in this particular office area.

I would think that the reference to being able to experiment on oneself is inaccurate, in that we are applying them to ourselves and without the knowledge of those around us - those upon whom we have an effect. All of us ARE in fact experimenting on those around us. That\'s what the vast majority of testimonies are admissions of...

From the philosophical point of view, I\'ll grant you there may be some ethical considerations. Is it unethical to make someone feel better without their knowledge / permission, or only if we intend harm? I would think that making the boss happy would actually improve his life, because he\'d be in a better mood when dealing with his subordinates, as well as his own bosses, thereby improving the overall condition of the workplace.

BTW, I\'m a \"He,\" but I\'ll use whatever works to improve my life at work, home, wherever.

Randy

**DONOTDELETE**
07-25-2001, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Randy:
[qb]Alright, it was me who had the thought...

Along the same lines as what Paul was saying, as we all produce them --

I wasn\'t talking about hosing the office down; just putting a few drops in the boss\' own, personal, his-alone office. Oddly, I don\'t think there are any female employees in this particular office area.]

I still think that it\'s a waste of good money to try to sweeten the disposition of somebody that is a sourpuss by nature by using female pheros (after all you can\'t use them if you\'re a man trying to attract women). And isn\'t the consensus that pheros are not magic elixirs?
---------------------------------------------

[I would think that the reference to being able to experiment on oneself is inaccurate, in that we are applying them to ourselves and without the knowledge of those around us - those upon whom we have an effect. All of us ARE in fact experimenting on those around us. That\'s what the vast majority of testimonies are admissions of...]

Any time we do something to ourselves to have an effect on others, we are experimenting with not only others BUT more so with ourselves.

[From the philosophical point of view, I\'ll grant you there may be some ethical considerations. Is it unethical to make someone feel better without their knowledge / permission, or only if we intend harm? I would think that making the boss happy would actually improve his life, because he\'d be in a better mood when dealing with his subordinates, as well as his own bosses, thereby improving the overall condition of the workplace.]

Just like another phero user in this forum, Jose(?), stated that you can not attract women with just wearing pheros if you do not smile, and chat with them also, the boss will not improve his or her behavior if there is no friendly and respectful chatting with him or her.

[BTW, I\'m a \"He,\" but I\'ll use whatever works to improve my life at work, home, wherever.]

Sorry, about not acknowledging your gender, but I\'ve met some women with \'male\' names in the past that I now play it safe when it comes to judging a persons gender by his or her name until I know otherwise.

Joe

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: stressedoutjoe ]

rjm
07-25-2001, 03:46 PM
This is gonna get long, ain\'t it? :-)
BTW, being unfamiliar with how to do quotes, it may look a bit odd...
ANYway --

[QUOTE]
[I still think that it\'s a waste of good money to try to sweeten the disposition of somebody that is a sourpuss by nature by using female pheros (after all you can\'t use them if you\'re a man trying to attract women). And isn\'t the consensus that pheros are not magic elixirs?]

I suppose I\'m fortunate, in that I can\'t say any of my bosses are complete jerks. I also don\'t expect to actually change their personalities, because I like to know what to expect from those around me. I just want to put them in the best mood possible whenever *I\'m* there. It\'s not unlike when I serreptitiously (sp?) spray a vanilla scent between the elevator and where I work.
(There was a ref to this in another post, about sticking \"scents\" in office ductwork, etc.).

This just hit me -- wasn\'t it your post that said how the \"cold\" women in the office seemed to warm up when you overloaded on the APC / PI combo? It\'s basically the same thing, only I\'m not looking to get the attention to me; just change the \"feel\" of the place a bit.

[I would think that the reference to being able to experiment ... admissions of...]

[Any time we do something to ourselves to have an effect on others, we are experimenting with not only others BUT more so with ourselves.]
Here again, I disagree. If you know people who smoke, for example, it\'s rare that a smoker can smell it on themselves, though most people around them can. Same goes for applying cologne or perfume. *YOU* may think you\'ve only used a little, until you notice your dog gagging in the next room. I think that EVERYTHING we apply to our outsides has mor of an effect on those around us, if for no other reason than that *WE* get used to it.

[From the philosophical point of view, I\'ll grant ... condition of the workplace.]

[Just like another phero user in this forum, Jose(?), stated that you can not attract women with just wearing pheros if you do not smile, and chat with them also, the boss will not improve his or her behavior if there is no friendly and respectful chatting with him or her.]

I agree 1000% with that. Someone put forth the idea that pheros may have some effect on psychic ability. I\'m one of those who believes that we can do a lot more than we think we can, and transmit a *LOT* of info without speaking. I go out of my way to be nice to the bosses, coworkers, etc., and as I said, I don\'t have any that I *DON\'T* like. (This makes the behavior toward much easier!) I see the stress between other employees and the bosses though, and I\'d simply like to keep their mood elevated, so their stress doesn\'t bounce around the office in my direction.
There are one or two of my co-workers I *WOULD* like to hose down with them though... Or ANYTHING you\'d call \"happy juice.\" I\'ll use ESP, subliminal messages, color, New Age music, whatever keeps them happiest, \'cause then the occasional boneheaded coworker\'s issues and personality conflicts just roll past me, and I don\'t receive any of the \"bad karma\" of the day, and yes, we\'ve all seen exactly how that can work.

All that being said though, I *SERIOUSLY* doubt I would, if for no other reason than the expense.

[BTW, I\'m a \"He,\" but I\'ll use whatever works to improve my life at work, home, wherever.]

[Sorry, about not acknowledging your gender, but I\'ve met some women with \'male\' names in the past that I now play it safe when it comes to judging a persons gender by his or her name until I know otherwise.

Joe
]

No problem -- I don\'t get crazy / stupid about things like that. In fact, for a while (pre-goat-tee), I\'d get the \"Hey baby!\" from the next car. There\'s nothing like the look on a straight guy\'s face when you drop your voice and reply with a smooth \"Hi there...\" images/icons/shocked.gif

Catch ya later!

Randy