PDA

View Full Version : member status

**DONOTDELETE**
07-06-2002, 12:17 PM
so how do you change your member status e.g. newbie, dude, full member etc

Any ideas?????

**DONOTDELETE**
07-06-2002, 12:21 PM
Here is the list of the standard titles and # of posts necessary to achieve them:

0 Stranger
25 Newbie
50 Journeyman
100 Full Member
200 Phero Enthusiast
400 Phero Dude
700 Phero Pro
1000 Phero Pharaoh
1500 Phero Guru
2500 Carpal Tunnel

franki
07-06-2002, 12:22 PM
See the FAQ

0-24 posts = Stranger
25-49 posts = Newbie
50-99 posts = Journeyman
100-199 posts = Full Member
200-399 posts = Phero Enthusiast

For me its only three posts and I will be a Journeyman /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

aaron
07-07-2002, 12:54 AM
It doesn\'t really mean anything anyway...it\'s just a bit of fun. There are some here who are \"newbies\" and they\'re a lot more knowledgeable than \"phero dudes\".

It\'s not how many you post...it\'s your wealth of experience with the pheros that\'s important. I\'ve noticed that it\'s those with less posts are mostly more knowledgeable....they\'re out there using, testing and experimenting with the stuff rather than at the pc typing meaningless drivel, and posting only if there\'s something worthwhile and intelligent to say.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-07-2002, 01:05 PM
Lol, well Aaron, you\'re in the top 20 of posters...that equates to alot of PC time...hehe

P.S. j/k :-)

jose
07-07-2002, 01:44 PM
Is that why AceStafford keeps posting one sentence lines so he can go up in status.lol /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif You\'re not fooling anyone ACE. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

franki
07-07-2002, 01:46 PM
Well then I feel free to post this one to become a journeyman.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Andy
07-07-2002, 01:51 PM
ok I want one nonsense post too.

jose
07-07-2002, 01:53 PM
Well then I\'m going to put one to.

Andy
07-07-2002, 02:24 PM
That\'s not fair jose, a phero enthusiast shouldn\'t be spamming /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif
But I have to agree regarding Ace\'s posting habit.

I think that those userstats in a forum lower the quality of the posts. There\'s alway someone who\'s starting to spam because his [c-e-n-s-o-r-e-d] is too small, hoping to become a big mac doing so. There are always others following this path.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-07-2002, 02:52 PM
IMHO it\'s not the user stats that lower the quality of the forum, it\'s the way they are usually implemented, for instance number of posts, posts/week or posts/month ratios, etc. Another one is user rating (eg. I rate a user 1..5 stars because I think he suxx..rox), but obviously that\'s not objective.

I once subscribed to a board where users were rated keeping in count their job, nationality, usual posting time and some other stuff that you would submit to the moderator in a questionnaire. A server script then kept updating your initial profile when you changed some of these parameters. That was definitely not post related, and quite funny too, I remember being rated as \"The Well-Mannered Vampire\" in a time when I kept posting around 3 AM and worked serving tables in a restaurant /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Needless to say, there also was a nice icon for each combination!

rjm
07-09-2002, 07:39 AM
The status of my member is \"ATTACHED.\"

Sorry, I just couldn\'t help myself... And I know I wasn\'t the first to think of that! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif